The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
logansam and his opinion about mugen Emptyby Shining Today at 2:51

» Classic VS : Athena
logansam and his opinion about mugen Emptyby ELECTRO Wed 15 May - 14:27

» More Legionnaires
logansam and his opinion about mugen Emptyby marvel Wed 15 May - 10:18

» Soul Calibur Edits
logansam and his opinion about mugen Emptyby Shining Wed 15 May - 0:56

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

logansam and his opinion about mugen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
logansam

logansam and his opinion about mugen Empty
PostSubject: logansam and his opinion about mugen   logansam and his opinion about mugen EmptyThu 15 May - 12:08

HI

I think mugen should be a system for cooperate with others, if anyone is good with design, it should make the team,to develop and launch the character. but not continue with the attitude of "do not touch is mine."

logansam and his opinion about mugen 90Cy3aW

Is true that you must respect the work of others but  we continue doing the same with the work of DC or Marvel.

I say this as a fan of mugen. I'm with those who ask to be respected is their job, it's more work must be respected, but we must also evolve because if not is just another good "sprite".

some people really need to stop with the,"is my finger in my sprite please remove at once" i know is a respect manner and the people have to remove it, but what if you say "show me what you got, but the development is under my commands".

eg

the owners of DC or MARVEL demand to all mugen sites,saying that  they need to close because we are doing work (creations from them)(creations of others) and we dont have the legal rights to do it. we do not  create a superman or spiderman or Deathstroke, nor hired us to do this. yeah i know someone are going to say capcom give us the rights. but rights for what? TO HAVE FUN NO MORE, MUGEN IS  A HOBBY PLEASE DONT FORGET IT. IN TEN YEARS SOME PEOPLE LEAVE THIS HOBBY.THEY GROW UP AND ENJOY REAL LIFE.
OTHERS DO THAT ALREADY AND HAVE THE TIME TO PLAY WITH THIS.

REMEMBER IS ABOUT  FRIENDSHIP.

logansam and his opinion about mugen YXmdTop

CHUCHORYU YOU CAN USE THIS SPRITE THAT I DO FOR YOU, YOU HAVE GREAT SKILLS...
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: logansam and his opinion about mugen   logansam and his opinion about mugen EmptyThu 15 May - 13:08

I read and posted in a thread where a very interesting subject came up related to your example and I think this scenario is imminent.

http://elecbyte.com/forum/index.php?topic=1938.10

serio wrote:
lolno, you can't read.

the illegal argument is taking money for doing stuff related to copyrighted characters, stuff made by capcom, snk or others, not for mugen.

both capcom and snk gave their permission to use their materials in mugen under the condition that no money is made off their work and it's strictly a free fanwork. if you go and start taking money for any work related to their copyright, you're infringing it, and so, breaking the condition. be it selling characters or making them for money.

but i guess it went over your head if you go off with lolpaperplates as a counter.

if you want to go with paper plates as an argument, "paper plates with copyrighted marvel content printed on it".

you can probably give them out for free on random kids' parties, but try doing the same thing in a commercial place and say hello to marvel's lawyers suing you for using their property without buying a licence.

scared Many have all ready accepted "donations" and commissions for mugen (which I'm not sure is protected by law) so I hope your example doesn't happen any time soon or it could very well be the end of all of this if the poster in this thread is right about the stuff he said.
Back to top Go down
tank402

tank402

PostSubject: Re: logansam and his opinion about mugen   logansam and his opinion about mugen EmptyThu 15 May - 13:22

this this easy-mugens been around for a decade plus so has mugen marvel,DC,cap com,snk,etcetera etcetera. do you guys really think these large conglomerate franchises give two shits about us using there likenesses or sprites, I'm guessing not since no mugen creators landed there self an indictment yet for copyright infringement. lol now when you make a full game using there properties and sell the game for thirty buck a copy and have sold a half million copies,then I think these companies will step in to put a stop to mugen,other words mugens gonna be around for awhile. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.youropiniononlymatterstoyou.biteme
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: logansam and his opinion about mugen   logansam and his opinion about mugen EmptyThu 15 May - 13:35

tank402 wrote:
this this easy-mugens been around for a decade plus so has mugen marvel,DC,cap com,snk,etcetera etcetera. do you guys really think these large conglomerate franchises give two shits about us using there likenesses or sprites, I'm guessing not since no mugen creators landed there self an indictment yet for copyright infringement. lol now when you make a full game using there properties and sell the game for thirty buck a copy and have sold a half million copies,then I think these companies will step in to put a stop to mugen,other words mugens gonna be around for awhile. lol

What about this incident?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.400595-Fighting-is-Magic-gets-ordered-to-Cease-and-Desist-from-Hasbro?page=1

Though maybe I'm missing some details here?  Question
Back to top Go down
cravd

PostSubject: Re: logansam and his opinion about mugen   logansam and his opinion about mugen EmptyThu 15 May - 13:39

riiiggghhht 
Like Elecbyte lei as soon dimensioned mooing was given unfettered freedom for fans of 2D game creators nonprofit it, the rest is a matter of each person.
in the case of CHUCHORYU in my opinion leave and shown more as a 2D artist in games. both encoder and image editor.
showing quick and witty basics always be the best.
giving and sharing a character we all have waited long including myself.
in my personal opiion look no coincidence that this character sprite sheet published openly in a forum mugen, no comparison.
Similar colors but if that would be the only thing like it ...
this is not to discourage CHU sharing their creations and will continue to enjoy the rest of us.

igual lei de elecbyte lo antes mensionado que mugen fue dado a libertad sin restricciones para los fanaticos de creadores de juegos de 2D sin lucro en ello, el resto es cuestion de cada quien.
en el caso de CHUCHORYU en mi opinion dejo y de mas mostrado su calidad de artista en juegos de 2D. tanto codificador como editor de imagenes.
rapido e ingenioso mostrando que lo basico siempre sera lo mejor.
dando y compartiendo un personaje que todos han esperado desde hace mucho tiempo incluido yo mismo.
en mi opiion personal no mire la coincidencia de este personaje con dicha hoja de sprite publicada de manera abierta en cierto foro mugen, no hay comparacion.
colores similares si pero eso seria lo unico similar en ello...
se que esto no desanimara a CHU y seguira compartiendo sus creaciones para disfrute del resto de nosotros.
 logansam and his opinion about mugen 670481599 logansam and his opinion about mugen 978788824 
Back to top Go down
Red Hood

Red Hood

PostSubject: Re: logansam and his opinion about mugen   logansam and his opinion about mugen EmptyThu 15 May - 16:23

my advices logansam:
1. do what you want as much you have fun,
2. don't forget to credit.
3. never forget 99% of the world doesn't care about mugen and think it's retarded  jokers laugh 

pseudoingles likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: logansam and his opinion about mugen   logansam and his opinion about mugen Empty

Back to top Go down

logansam and his opinion about mugen
Page 1 of 1