The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 Emptyby Tiger-Boy Today at 1:51 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donkey Kong - RELEASED

Go down 
+15
volzzilla
Brahma Bull
crosspotts1.0
spidergoku
Varia the Hunter
JARRO77
zombiebrock
chuchoryu
flammableking
tordello89
cravd
Shining
DukeNukem 2417
SuperVerse
Ax
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ax

Ax

Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 1st 2014, 11:13 pm

A new video is up by Lord M, thank you for the vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sc_-iG79Fk
Back to top Go down
zombiebrock

zombiebrock

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 12:44 am

Ax wrote:
zombiebrock wrote:
oh yeah so long as his pal isnt a mess hes getting some new ones these sprites are killer AX good job Buddy

You're gonna be dissapointed LOL

But over at MFFA there is someone correcting stuff so I recommend holding off. I was actually converting all the palettes into one image but about half way through I quit.  tongue 

gotcha,pals put on hold lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/zombiebrocksmugenwarehouse/
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 1:22 am

SO FAST wip and now here hes great
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 8:02 am

congrats on the release of probably the best looking donkey kong out there. however, the general sprites and congratulating on a release in general are about the only things i can say positively...

feedback
===
-why does his tie appear and disappear at times?
-different sprite style on his head from body or is something else causing the difference i see?
-shading and detailing inconsistencies when doing any standing punch
-no air or crouching attacks
-well, 1 air attack, but that seems to be more suited to be an air special to stomp down on whoever
-no hypers
-both projectiles have different spriting style
-add more cool down to both projectiles to where can't infinite them
-why is a jump connected to MK?
-standing HP, LK, and HK all seem better suited to be specials than basic attacks
-standing HP has a weird bug where if repeatedly attack with it, you'll go into a state where no longer animates and P2 is put in a corresponding state where they'll continually take damage
-can infinite all punches in a corner
-whats that weird thing that appears when try to super jump?
-the air recovery sprite looks too flat footed in the air giving him an awkward look
-no forward dash
-head in weird position in some gethits
-goes into template stick figure sprites for get thrown animation
-goes into template stick figure sprites for getting electrified animation
-goes into template stick figure sprites for getting frozen animation
-most sounds are more monkey based and dont seem to fit
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 3:10 pm

woow thats too god damn awesome  Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 2800933067 
Back to top Go down
Lord Sinistro

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 3:15 pm

from mfg

No, I won't download this to see how bad it is. And since I don't want to derail the thread more with just "this thing sucks" (since ti REALLY sucks), let's add some feedback to this thread, just by seeing this video:
-Dk never has got that size. Yes, he's big, but no so big as Hulk or Sonson's transformed monkey
-The character has no weight, a char with a size like that should be heavy and slow as Hulk, instead he jumps, runs and almost floats as if he was Mario of even a pocket character
-Not to mention about edits, the hands are horrible and general animation feels stiff
-Spam AI: punch punch punch roll punch punch punch roll (repeat to infinite)
-Misaligned sprites all over the place
-And about that, it's like DK has no ground below him, just by seeing the roll, slide hits and in general all his 5030s and 5040s
-Hitsounds are too slow, I expected more noise, just it sounds like every single punch/kick is a low hit
-I never see any of DK's signture moves from DKC series or SSB series, just direct punches instead clapping or stomping with his hands, nor releaseng barrels, get Diddy as striker or any of these things you should expect from a character like DK

Admin Edit: Removed insulting comments about another MMV forum community member that did not have any context to this character

Not just the gameplay, most of the sprites should be remake or make major fixes. If you're fan of DKC/SSB, please avoid this thing at any cost

ax i wont lie this char is really really bad

Last edited by Adminbot on March 2nd 2014, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removal of something insulting)
Back to top Go down
flammableking

flammableking

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 3:57 pm

Ax said he released a beta of the character for all to enjoy before the real deal is brought out. I've planned a couple specials and hypers for him, and Ax used the minecart hyper, he just hasn't coded it yet. This character is very beta. ovo The next version will have barrel rolling; explosive barrels; DK flying around on a balloon; charging at the opponent, riding in a minecart; and we both agree that he should only have a couple Smash Bros. Attacks to give him more variety because he's being put into Mugen instead of Super Smash Bros. I think his size makes him more menacing-looking, and probably even more life-sized to a real gorilla. This character will be updated everyone, just wait. ^^
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 5:36 pm

Thanks for the feedback though I am no longer in charge of the character. The update is being handled by another member over at mffa.
Back to top Go down
animaraz

animaraz

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 7:30 pm

Very interesting comments from an author who has brought us great characters as Joemove, CyberWArren, Ranker, Raptor, Raiden, Hwa Jai, Ultraman, Ginzu, Young Ryu, Yuki.
Maybe I can use some of his wisdom to update your own characters with their own parameters that should not have ever released.

Ax, as always appreciate your effort and dedication.

Muy interesantes los comentarios de un autor que nos ha traido excelentes personajes como Joemove, CyberWArren, Ranker, Raptor, Raiden, Hwa Jai, Ultraman, Ginzu, Young Ryu, Yuki.
Tal vez pueda emplear un poco de su sabiduria para actualizar sus propios personajes que bajo sus propios parametros no debió haber lanzado nunca.

Ax, como siempre agradecemos tu esfuerzo y dedicacion.
Back to top Go down
chuchoryu

chuchoryu

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 7:51 pm

Ax wrote:
chuchoryu wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! REALLY YOU IMPRESIVE ME!!!! no lo puedo creer,is here! Donky Kong is here!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!

Now I can acomplish my mugen roster whit this one, really thanks for making and release, now I planing to add some move bro

Do you have plans for make TMNT?

I'm happy you like it!

If I run out of wips, I can try TMNT  tongue 
Really I love your characers, I want to e Leonardo and Shreeder from TMNT to much..mybe I can add this 2 in my Tekken mugen
Back to top Go down
flammableking

flammableking

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 2nd 2014, 8:08 pm

That reminds me... This picture inspired a new character for Demolition Crew. ^^

Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 Bog_Monster_by_Artsammich

Instead of the face being visible, though, I would want the eyes to glow from inside the shell, and the tongue to stick out of the opening of the shell, as well. ^^ The shell of the character (Garobboth) looks similar to the one on this monster, only without the red fin-like growths on it. OvO It also stands on two legs, which look like dark green trees, and it has muscular green arms, with 3 tentacles at the end of the left arm where the hand should be, and on the right, there is a four-fingered hand. OvO
Back to top Go down
DukeNukem 2417

DukeNukem 2417

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2014, 9:27 am

flammableking wrote:
Ax said he released a beta of the character for all to enjoy before the real deal is brought out. I've planned a couple specials and hypers for him, and Ax used the minecart hyper, he just hasn't coded it yet. This character is very beta. ovo The next version will have barrel rolling; explosive barrels; DK flying around on a balloon; charging at the opponent, riding in a minecart; and we both agree that he should only have a couple Smash Bros. Attacks to give him more variety because he's being put into Mugen instead of Super Smash Bros. I think his size makes him more menacing-looking, and probably even more life-sized to a real gorilla. This character will be updated everyone, just wait. ^^

Looking forward to the update---DK on my roster is worth the wait.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 3rd 2014, 2:32 pm

Ax wrote:
Thanks for the feedback though I am no longer in charge of the character. The update is being handled by another member over at mffa.

for the record, if you thought what he planned to do for the update involved making new sprites for the missing animations, pretty sure you are mistaken. all he's gonna do is fix up the code of what is currently there sprite-wise.
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Lows 9.0

Lows 9.0

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 EmptyMarch 5th 2014, 7:12 am

good one, i like it, thanks for share!
Back to top Go down
http://allmugenstuff.blogspot.com.br/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong - RELEASED   Donkey Kong - RELEASED - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Donkey Kong - RELEASED
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2