The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» X-men Portraits Collection
AI generated sprites Emptyby Shining Today at 4:26 pm

» Mary Jane [WIP] by Animaraz
AI generated sprites Emptyby animaraz Today at 2:36 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
AI generated sprites Emptyby Doom Today at 10:40 am

» The Hands of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu #92 - Yakuza Showdown!
AI generated sprites Emptyby Doom Today at 10:38 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

AI generated sprites

Go down 
+3
volzzilla
Shining
BigPimp
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigPimp

AI generated sprites Empty
PostSubject: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 21st 2024, 10:49 am

honestly, kinda unclean and not really usable for now, but if technology improves, i think it will be possible just to generate those
those samples 100% ai generated

AI generated sprites Dalle110
AI generated sprites Dalle210
AI generated sprites Dalle310

what do you guys think?

probably wont be able to generate copyrighted characters, but still

ps. gave it mr sinister sprite and asked to generate pixel portrait for the character
obviously its not mr sinister, but still, cool designs, seems like we would just be able to skip a lot of work pretty soon

AI generated sprites D32a6110
AI generated sprites D2afad10
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 21st 2024, 12:43 pm

You made good punches spritesheet .
perhaps dividing all moves ...
...i Hope in future It Will be possible
I made a post few time ago about this
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 23rd 2024, 7:28 am

Shining wrote:
You made good punches spritesheet .
perhaps dividing all moves ...
...i Hope in future It Will be possible
I made a post few time ago about this

well, not me man, just simple request and its fully done by AI in few seconds
im sure it will be
in general AI will make a lot of work instant
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:48 pm

@BigPimp

are you saying AI art generators are prevented from doing anything copyrighted?
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 23rd 2024, 1:07 pm

i only tried DALL-E that is built into chatgpt
if i try to put in any copyrighted character he says he cannot do it, yes

im pretty sure at some point there will be some open source versions that will be able to avoid it
but technology doesn't seem to be fully there anyway, since sprites not pixel perfect, nor palette consistent and frames are sort of random

im sure if some developer puts a goal to make image generator specifically for sprites, it will be done. but alas, our field is very niche one
Back to top Go down
dev

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 23rd 2024, 3:27 pm

Those are looking insane and unique. Would you be able to draw over them? Use them like a base I mean
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 23rd 2024, 9:14 pm

at this state it would be pretty painful to use i think, since the pixels are distorted and colors are not really clean
would be pretty much like using resized jpg version of capcom sprites. just far from ideal
people who draw chars from scratch can definitely use them though, as a base for reference imo

and i think technology will get there soon
what i was surprised about is that it keeps the size, proportions and design of the character consistent
up to number of shoe laces and design of the belt buckle
even the heads at different angles look like legit head edits of the same char
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 24th 2024, 10:34 am

BigPimp wrote:
i only tried DALL-E that is built into chatgpt
if i try to put in any copyrighted character he says he cannot do it, yes

im pretty sure at some point there will be some open source versions that will be able to avoid it
but technology doesn't seem to be fully there anyway, since sprites not pixel perfect, nor palette consistent and frames are sort of random

im sure if some developer puts a goal to make image generator specifically for sprites, it will be done. but alas, our field is very niche one

i guess then if copyrighted stuff cant be created, there is no point in its usage anyway except for people who are making original characters.
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 24th 2024, 11:40 am

no, it really has a lot of potential use. most of us are using capcom sprites currently as a base which often also have few things in common regarding costume with the target character. sinister was made from Urien for example, who had no elements of his costume at all. just by having unique base that doesn't repeat the overused capcom bases already an immense help

the request can also be formed without mentioning the copyrighted char, but describing the costume instead "black leather coat, with high collar, high boots, jeans with a belt and a shirt" for morbius for example, who otherwise doesn't have any close capcom counterpart. "big lizard man like character in a lab coat and torn purple pants":

AI generated sprites 57387210
AI generated sprites 672c1610

just a quick try, without any long messing, first 2 options it gave me^^

no guys, if this technology is perfected, it will be a game changer, copyrighted or not

ps. i will maybe try to actually use it though, for something non-unique, like torn cape, that could be used for hobgoblin:
Spoiler:

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 24th 2024, 8:03 pm

yea, i see how work-arounds can be figured out...though i am thinking that will not work alot of the times when it comes to marvel/dc chars.

related note, that lizard concept looks beyond amazing treasure
Back to top Go down
ƒ}ƒbƒXƒ‹Dƒtƒ@ƒCƒg

ƒ}ƒbƒXƒ‹Dƒtƒ@ƒCƒg

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 24th 2024, 10:58 pm

Was always curious if anyone ever attempted trying to do something with an image generator like this, for first steps I hope these can make the spriting progress much easier.
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 25th 2024, 1:05 am

I opened a topic about portrait and stages
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/t16830-ai-for-stages-and-portrait-programs

You get forward with little spritesheet

What are the comand Key words you gave to AI that It created the punches spritesheet?
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 25th 2024, 8:47 am

volzzilla wrote:
yea, i see how work-arounds can be figured out...though i am thinking that will not work alot of the times when it comes to marvel/dc chars.

related note, that lizard concept looks beyond amazing treasure

yeah. although i do wonder if the costume can be just painstakingly described and it will work
in any case i think when this technology could provide clean sprites, the frames produced can be much closer to the target character, than what we have to do now redrawing over capcom sprites and reusing the same bases over and over, or even for those who drawing from scratch (but those guys probably more about process, than the result)

some hard to draw but easy to describe things like archangel wings could probably be done as well
but for now cleaning up, resizing and trying to prompt ai to produce the exact frames you need will probably prove more work than just doing them from capcom base
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 25th 2024, 8:50 am

Shining wrote:
I opened a topic about portrait and stages
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/t16830-ai-for-stages-and-portrait-programs

You get forward with little spritesheet

What are the comand Key words you gave to AI that It created the punches spritesheet?

i just write something like:

produce a spritesheet, pixel-styled, capcom-shaded, of the character [description] which will contain 4 separate frames that if played in a sequence will make an animation of this character doing a punch
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites EmptyFebruary 25th 2024, 3:35 pm

I had been trying so but only free version and never got anything this good I wanted people in suit sprites punching kicking and jumping walking and running
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AI generated sprites   AI generated sprites Empty

Back to top Go down

AI generated sprites
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next