The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» X-men Portraits Collection
Need ideas for Deadshot Emptyby Shining Today at 4:26 pm

» Mary Jane [WIP] by Animaraz
Need ideas for Deadshot Emptyby animaraz Today at 2:36 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Need ideas for Deadshot Emptyby Doom Today at 10:40 am

» The Hands of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu #92 - Yakuza Showdown!
Need ideas for Deadshot Emptyby Doom Today at 10:38 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Need ideas for Deadshot

Go down 
+2
Shining
Raijjin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raijjin

Raijjin

Need ideas for Deadshot Empty
PostSubject: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 9th 2023, 1:15 pm

Hi there !
Some times ago I released my version of Deadshot, which was an enhanced spriteswap of O'Illusionista and Doom's Bullseye.
If you don't know it:
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/t16241-deadshot-release?highlight=deadshot
O'Illusionista commented that he was sad that my modifications were so few gameplaywise, and while I agree with him, I had some stuff that prevented me from going further, like coding skills and, more importantly, ideas.
That was always stuck a bit in my head, so I wanted to improve the whole character a bit.

So I come here today looking for ideas on how to upgrade the whole character, be it graphically or gameplaywise.

What I already did/am in the process of doing:
- modifying the grenade special to add another ricochet bullet
- smoothing the sprite a bit to allow more palette freedom (and maybe go full smart palette if I feel enclined to)
- correcting some misaligned animation or palettes problems (you can still comment on errors you found)

I just want to specify that the character is already full of special and hyper attacks, so adding another one will need to remove an old one.
And also, no helper. I don't want to add Suicide Squad members or stuff like that.

I'll take all your ideas into account, so thanks in advance Need ideas for Deadshot 670481599

A video for exemple:

Last edited by Raijjin on November 9th 2023, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

yolomate likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 9th 2023, 1:50 pm

I found it a great and complete char ...i think you can correcting some misaligned sprites and It s enough Wink

Raijjin likes this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 9th 2023, 1:54 pm

Good on you keeping helpers out I personally hate helpers with a passion can you show a video of what's been dones at the moment Im on my phone so visual aid would be nice
Back to top Go down
Raijjin

Raijjin

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 9th 2023, 2:07 pm

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
Good on you keeping helpers out I personally hate helpers with a passion can you show a video of what's been dones at the moment Im on my phone so visual aid would be nice

Oh yeah, right. I don't know if it shows everything, but I updated my post.
I must add that the version he's using is obsolete, I fixed the stance since then.
And yeah, helpers sucks, except if they are inherently tied to the character.
Back to top Go down
dev

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 9th 2023, 2:25 pm

-"I want to improve the whole character"

^improves nothing^
Back to top Go down
Raijjin

Raijjin

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 9th 2023, 2:55 pm

dev wrote:
-"I want to improve the whole character"

^improves nothing^

That's why I'm asking that here, mate Need ideas for Deadshot 1f611

Maybe my timeline was not clear enough, so I'll recap a bit:

Step 1: I release the character (that I know now you don't like at all)
Step 2: I keep thinking about wanting to make an improved version of the character (note here that I don't say "of Bullseye", because this character is awesome, but of Deadshot, because it's too similar to said Bullseye and I want to make it different enough)
Step 3: I come here to ask for ideas because I was a bit short on those (which is strange for me)

So that's quite normal that between step 2 and 3 I did nothing, as it's the whole point.
I hope it is clear now Need ideas for Deadshot 670481599
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 9th 2023, 10:04 pm

i personally do not think you have to remove specials/hypers if add new ones. just add moves, dont subtract madcat
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Raijjin

Raijjin

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 10th 2023, 1:50 am

volzzilla wrote:
i personally do not think you have to remove specials/hypers if add new ones. just add moves, dont subtract madcat

His controls are pretty fulls, I would need to add keys at this point Need ideas for Deadshot 1f605
But seriously, any key + direction has a unique move linked to it, so I would need to remove something/ rethink the way he's build.
But don't worry about that Need ideas for Deadshot 670481599
Back to top Go down
metamutant

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 13th 2023, 7:39 am

How about some Injustice 2 inspired moves or changes? Like having his bullets do different effects, poison, incendiary, and explosive with a bar or some graphic to denote ammo changes like Zvitor's Cyborg. Around 3:25 you can see ammo change in video:

Also could give him a grapple hook for a move or intro/outro like many characters including Moon Knight, Batman, Black Widow, Daredevil.
grapple hook in wrist gauntlets
https://imgur.com/a/Ur9kchu

More heavy artillery to replace one of the standard bullet projectile hyper perhaps?
Need ideas for Deadshot 6ahvvn7

Need ideas for Deadshot Lz3PYGe

Also different background for first person shooter hyper to be different from Bullseye and seems more like looking through Deadshot's eye piece

https://imgur.com/Mp7jNPM

Solid Snake also has a stun grenade that rolls which I think may work better than the Bullseye's one.

RO-X likes this post

Back to top Go down
Raijjin

Raijjin

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot EmptyNovember 13th 2023, 7:51 am

metamutant wrote:
How about some Injustice 2 inspired moves or changes? Like having his bullets do different effects, poison, incendiary, and explosive with a bar or some graphic to denote ammo changes like Zvitor's Cyborg. Around 3:25 you can see ammo change in video:

Also could give him a grapple hook for a move or intro/outro like many characters including Moon Knight, Batman, Black Widow, Daredevil.
grapple hook in wrist gauntlets
https://imgur.com/a/Ur9kchu

More heavy artillery to replace one of the standard bullet projectile hyper perhaps?
Need ideas for Deadshot 6ahvvn7

Need ideas for Deadshot Lz3PYGe

Also different background for first person shooter hyper to be different from Bullseye and seems more like looking through Deadshot's eye piece

https://imgur.com/Mp7jNPM

Thanks for all those ideas !
The character already has much of Injustice 2's moves, but I didn't think about those special bullets. I might pull it off, but there is one problem: all those characters changing ammunitions in mugen, like Punisher, Arrow or Cyborg, are changing gameplay style. Status effects are a bit more tricky in Mugen, as there are not much differences between them, so usually it's just Ice, Electricity or Fire.
But I'll think deeply about this idea, to see how I can implement it.

For the Grappling Hook, I think there are too much characters with those, especially considering that half the Bat Family is Grappling based, it might be redundant (and to be frank I never knew that Deadpool had one. A rope, sure, but a grappling ? I didn't know)

Bigger guns, I'm not a fan. Yes, he might use them sometimes, but it's not the core of the character, and it might go in some other characters territory, like the Punisher. But I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for all of this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need ideas for Deadshot   Need ideas for Deadshot Empty

Back to top Go down

Need ideas for Deadshot
Page 1 of 1