The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» SEGA vs. Capcom Fighting Mega Stars Genesis (Full Game)
Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 Emptyby CARNAGE777 Yesterday at 4:28 pm

» "Latverian Submarine" Doctor Doom Stage Version 2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-GO
Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 3:45 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 Emptyby Baelorn Yesterday at 12:25 pm

» Crossover Battles in MUGEN
Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 Emptyby dauragoncmikado Yesterday at 9:15 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation

Go down 
+31
metamutant
malevka1
brucewayne74
MDS_GEIST
kyoman
RYUYAGAMI
MERK_U
bam77
Pilgrim
kain11
Doom
RenatoNat.J
jspiderman171717
animaraz
Helio
JARRO77
crosspotts1.0
warecus
Mr.Ketchup
MatreroG
Fede X
volzzilla
RobiWanKen0bi
wil.li.an
yolomate
alnyrd
skhsato123
dev
Vovanilkto
Shining
candido159
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Choose the best Stance
Original
Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 12 ]
New 1
Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 16 ]
New 2
Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 I_vote_lcap59%Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 69

AuthorMessage
candido159

Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 14th 2022, 10:13 am

RobiWanKen0bi wrote:
candido159 wrote:
Which Stance is the best?

Original:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
New 1
New 2

IMO I think all are great. If I were you I'd add  them all. Add them with a code that triggers when certain conditions are met. E.g. I'd use the 2nd stance when the character has 70-100% life points and the 3rd one when the LP drops below 70%. Maybe even add the option to trigger this in round 1 and the 1st stance in round 2 etc. I've done that with my Apocalypse character. Smile
Hmm very nice suggestion, I'll have to think about it. Thanks Very Happy

volzzilla wrote:
candido159 wrote:
Shining wrote:
If you need you can take few specials/hypers from my version...
I Don t know what you have in mind but I hope you will take in consideration to use his 10 rings looking like the comic Wink
At the moment I'll just have to do what buyog's readme says on what moves to add. When I finish him and he feels missing then I'd totally take some inspiration moves from your version Very Happy

fwiw, you dont have to follow buyog's instructions. do what you want to do because its your project
Yeah but it gives an easy to do coding for me atleast Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 311127478

Code:
1-iceman - raio de gelo ....special, stand = freezes
 2- mukai - Mental Paralysis.... hyper level 1, stand, = paralizes P2 and hits him on walls and floor
 3------- Electro Blast....special, stand = shock
 4-dhalsim - fire blast.... special, crouch = burns
 5------- Holographic Illusions.... especial = creates 2 cópias...the 3 attack.(real one that hits is determined by button)
 6- Thanos - Light Blast.... special, stand = hitwall
 7 -bishamon - black light.... hyper level 1 = screen goes dark(palfx) and mandarin get's in custom combo mode
 8- bishamon - desintegration beam.... hyper level 3 = hit
 9------- vortex ring (flight).... flight mode
10- bishamon - force blast.... hyper level 1, stand, air = hit
11- rikuo - sonic beam.... special, air = makes P2 dizzy
12- magneto - magnetic waves.... hyper level 1= like magneto's
13------- teleportation.... special
14- fumaca_roxa.gif - poison gas.... hyper level 1 = P2 loses energy lil by lil
15- mukai - solidify gas.... special = rocks appear on air and fall (different distances)
16------- force field generator.... special = superblock, repels P2
Really an easy sources, I'm quite surprise that with this planned moves why no one has picked him up yet throughout the years.

MatreroG and alnyrd like this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 14th 2022, 10:20 am

Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 670481599
interesting plans

candido159 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fede X

Fede X

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 14th 2022, 11:41 am

I really like stance #2 it looks very much like the Mandarin should be, but I would add a little sparkle to those rings. to make their potential more visible.
for example this stance
I could do it in a smaller size and in various colors depending on the ring.

Like stance n° 1, I could use it for an intro

candido159 and yolomate like this post

Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 14th 2022, 12:31 pm

fede de 10 wrote:
I really like stance #2 it looks very much like the Mandarin should be, but I would add a little sparkle to those rings. to make their potential more visible.
for example this stance

Hey I created that stance...its from carpa5 char Dr Occult! jokers laugh jokers laugh
Back to top Go down
MatreroG

MatreroG

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 14th 2022, 5:18 pm

candido159 wrote:
Shining wrote:
Cooool... You have in mind to complete it?!?
Yes, I have officially started completing the basics with some help with @wil.li.an Wink
This is good news. Best of luck, surely both of you will be able to achieve a great result.  cheers

candido159 wrote:
New 2
I think this suits better than the previous ones. It also resembles some illustrations from the comics.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWXFLyId41h6itJE2IwhlQ
Mr.Ketchup

Mr.Ketchup

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 14th 2022, 10:20 pm

I got to say that RobiOne's suggestion regarding the different stances regarding the lifebar is a genious move. The Mandarin is menacing, and the new 1 stance would be quite menacing, someone you can not truly read, due to him hiding his hands, and rings, but, once the fight has gone through and Mandarin needs to get more "physical" or in "focus", he will show his hands like in the new 2. That would be unique, creative and creates a new layer to a character I don't often see.

Anyways, good luck on the Mandarin, a very important villain, and awesom to see Buyog's old sprites are being used.

wil.li.an and candido159 like this post

Back to top Go down
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 15th 2022, 7:51 am

Pretty cool iron man gets a personal villain

Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 17th 2022, 12:53 pm

fede de 10 wrote:
for example this stance

Nice, I would love to add those only when he uses the specific ring, I might follow the effect from a green lantern character. Smile

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 17th 2022, 4:23 pm

New 1 should be a animation be for he dose a special or hyper and throw in a smirk right before and he can use it as a taunt with a smirk and then a laugh sorta like a fake out to confuse the opponent I know geaes laughs to taunt the oppent could be fun even having call p2 pathetic

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 17th 2022, 4:25 pm

Use new 2 as default stance

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 21st 2022, 10:15 am

volzzilla wrote:
candido159 wrote:
Shining wrote:
If you need you can take few specials/hypers from my version...
I Don t know what you have in mind but I hope you will take in consideration to use his 10 rings looking like the comic Wink
At the moment I'll just have to do what buyog's readme says on what moves to add. When I finish him and he feels missing then I'd totally take some inspiration moves from your version Very Happy

fwiw, you dont have to follow buyog's instructions. do what you want to do because its your project
Yeah but it gives an easy to do coding for me atleast Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 311127478

Code:
1-iceman - raio de gelo ....special, stand = freezes
 2- mukai - Mental Paralysis.... hyper level 1, stand, = paralizes P2 and hits him on walls and floor
 3------- Electro Blast....special, stand = shock
 4-dhalsim - fire blast.... special, crouch = burns
 5------- Holographic Illusions.... especial = creates 2 cópias...the 3 attack.(real one that hits is determined by button)
 6- Thanos - Light Blast.... special, stand = hitwall
 7 -bishamon - black light.... hyper level 1 = screen goes dark(palfx) and mandarin get's in custom combo mode
 8- bishamon - desintegration beam.... hyper level 3 = hit
 9------- vortex ring (flight).... flight mode
10- bishamon - force blast.... hyper level 1, stand, air = hit
11- rikuo - sonic beam.... special, air = makes P2 dizzy
12- magneto - magnetic waves.... hyper level 1= like magneto's
13------- teleportation.... special
14- fumaca_roxa.gif - poison gas.... hyper level 1 = P2 loses energy lil by lil
15- mukai - solidify gas.... special = rocks appear on air and fall (different distances)
16------- force field generator.... special = superblock, repels P2
Really an easy sources, I'm quite surprise that with this planned moves why no one has picked him up yet throughout the years.[/quote]

i'm just saying that plan is 10yrs or older so if there was something else that could reference that was made in the last 10yrs that would look better and after he wrote all that, consider it

Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
JARRO77

JARRO77

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 22nd 2022, 4:35 am

Original Stand or Number 3

This char is really interesting

I wish you the best keep going Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 670481599

Back to top Go down
Helio

Helio

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptySeptember 26th 2022, 9:46 am

Glad to see this WIP. Buyog's Mandarin have a nice design.
I whis you code 10 attacks, one for each ring, some specials, some hypers. I guess the anim could be the same for most of them.
Best of luck,

Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptyNovember 2nd 2022, 12:26 am

Showing off Mandarin's basics by me and @wil.li.an for MMV event

animaraz, Mr.Ketchup, Pilgrim, MatreroG, Jinky and kimczi like this post

Back to top Go down
alnyrd

alnyrd

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 EmptyNovember 2nd 2022, 1:20 am

candido159 wrote:
Showing off Mandarin's basics by me and @wil.li.an for MMV event
Nice progress. His basics look fluent and solid. I can't wait to see what supers are you going to put in him.

candido159, naruto, RenatoNat.J and Vovanilkto like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation   Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mandarin by Buyog WIP Continuation
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next