The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Skhsato123 Sprites
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Emptyby skhsato123 Today at 5:13 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Emptyby BigPimp Today at 11:15 am

» Bridge Cliff Stage
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Emptyby Charmugen Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Emptyby NightDevil123 Yesterday at 9:02 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!

Go down 
+16
JARRO77
candido159
O Ilusionista
Pilgrim
BigPimp
bam77
Elfary
DC VS MARVEL
Fede X
Mr.Ketchup
malevka1
brucewayne74
Doom
RenatoNat.J
Shining
gartanham
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
O Ilusionista

O Ilusionista

Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 9:45 am

@gartanham here is a video showing a fight against Killer Croc.
I'm not here to belittle your work, but to give you feedback on what needs to be improved - and that's a lot.
Because I believe we need to be honest with feedback and try to help each one - and its weird that most people simple post "wow cool char +1".

Some errors are very serious, as in the required sprites - they are named for a reason: they are mandatory. And they need to be at exactly the same angle as Elecbyte suggests:
http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/spr.html#diagram

Some examples:
0:34 - Weird pose thanks to misaligned sprites (killer croc should be holding the e enemy by the head, standing still)
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-4-48-42-PM

KC isn't even holding him here...
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-4-49-57-PM

And the finish, where he should be slamming the enemy against the ground by his head (its a power bomb).
and not going bellow the ground.
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-4-50-44-PM

0:45 - Hydro is missing REQUIRED SPRITES, this is why he vanish while grabbed. This is a serious issue: you can't even call it a character (or even a demo) without the required sprites.
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-4-52-56-PM

ANIMATIONS:
The character hit box in AIR file needs to be redone, from the ground up.
An example its his idle pose
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Unknown

You are using 34 hitboxes and this is not needed at all. The amount of resources you are wasting here is huge.
plus, why aren't you using ClsnDefault? You don't need more boxes than this:
Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2022-01-11-at-12-36-27-PM
The puddle bellow him should NOT be hittable.

- Many animations needs more work, because they are stiff, like his kick, his intro, etc.

Codes
There are a lot of wrong hitdef, like:
-The in the saw blade move. You can see on the video that a standing still character can't block it.
- the bubble grab move drains both HP and POWER from the target? This is way too cheap. plus, Hydro can't do this.

Overall, I like the original sprites by the original author. But this project needs serious rework, from the ground up.
Again, you can't have a character in mugen without required sprites.

If you have any questions, drop me a line.
Thanks.

MatreroG likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilmugenteam.com
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 10:13 am

Really sorry o ilu... I and gartanham, we are not coders
We are learning in coding revitalizing characters
We need exercise to have great coding experience... And we are making experience
Now thanks for feedback
If you want to help us and to improve hydroman you are welcome

Splash likes this post

Back to top Go down
O Ilusionista

O Ilusionista

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 10:53 am

Shining wrote:
We need exercise to have great coding experience... And we are making experience
Now thanks for feedback

Not a problem. I just think you guys will have a lot of work to fix it.
My advice is: check the link I posted above, about the required sprites.
Mugen has a debug mode (CTRL+D) which will show you the missing sprites (5000,10 and 5000,20 from what I saw).

Then go fixing the clsn boxes on the AIR - do NOT use the auto clsn tool for a character, this is now what that tool was intended for.
(this is the reason we had removed the tool from FF)

Mr.Ketchup and Splash like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilmugenteam.com
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 11:41 am

gartanham wrote:

Pilgrim wrote:
Cool, only need little easy fixes to be perfect

Really see some bugs, I would like to know that someone more experienced in the area of code could review it,
because my coding knowledge is minimal, I added a special that descends like a water drill in the air,
it works but only in A.I mode, the command is there but manually the special doesn't work...

Little things like some wrong axis sprites, some colours wrong in a few sprites, the ground.back and the ground.front needs a high number, some animations need to be edited to be more fluid, nothing really important for the potential you give to Hydroman I'm working on him slowly, for now I change some axis in some sprites, recolour some others, change the ground.back and the ground.front to 37 and the air.back air.front to 33, and some other little things. You're done a really great job, plus is a hard char for the concept itself.

gartanham and MatreroG like this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 12:11 pm

Pilgrim wrote:
gartanham wrote:

Pilgrim wrote:
Cool, only need little easy fixes to be perfect

Really see some bugs, I would like to know that someone more experienced in the area of code could review it,
because my coding knowledge is minimal, I added a special that descends like a water drill in the air,
it works but only in A.I mode, the command is there but manually the special doesn't work...

Little things like some wrong axis sprites, some colours wrong in a few sprites, the ground.back and the ground.front needs a high number, some animations need to be edited to be more fluid, nothing really important for the potential you give to Hydroman I'm working on him slowly, for now I change some axis in some sprites, recolour some others, change the ground.back and the ground.front to 37 and the air.back air.front to 33, and some other little things. You're done a really great job, plus is a hard char for the concept itself.

Thanks a lot Pilgrim
Back to top Go down
gartanham

gartanham

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 12:24 pm

O Ilusionista wrote:
Shining wrote:
Now thanks for feedback

Not a problem. I just think you guys will have a lot of work to fix it.
My advice is: check the link I posted above, about the required sprites.
Mugen has a debug mode (CTRL+D) which will show you the missing sprites (5000,10 and 5000,20 from what I saw).

Then go fixing the clsn boxes on the AIR - do NOT use the auto clsn tool for a character, this is now what that tool was intended for.
(this is the reason we had removed the tool from FF)

study I struggled to complete the missing sprites,
I really missed some, I changed some collision boxes, but there were too many and my time didn't allow me,
I'm Brazilian like you and here you know the difficulty we have to maintain ourselves due to the
"problems caused by our dear politicians", so I took the opportunity my time to add new specials and hypers,
since my knowledge of code is very limited, I asked for help from many here on the forum, however,
as much as I am active in the community, few were interested in the character and were willing to help,
others see that it really takes a lot of work and become disinterested, so I had to do it a lot alone,
some told me about the char's defects, but I wanted to release it to help the forum stay active, and that's what I did.
anyway, I really won't work on it anymore, because I have other projects, us took him out of oblivion out of limbo,
and I believe that now someone will be interested in updating it, the character is open source, and it's free for edits on my part. Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 3855700884

Last edited by gartanham on January 11th 2022, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

jspiderman171717 likes this post

Back to top Go down
gartanham

gartanham

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 12:33 pm

Pilgrim wrote:
Little things like some wrong axis sprites, some colours wrong in a few sprites,
the ground.back and the ground.front needs a high number, some animations need to be edited to be more fluid,
nothing really important for the potential you give to Hydroman I'm working on him slowly, for now I change some axis in some sprites,
recolour some others, change the ground.back and the ground.front to 37 and the air.back air.front to 33,
and some other little things. You're done a really great job, plus is a hard char for the concept itself.

affraid Yes my friend, thanks for the words, i made this character so we can all have fun in mugen,
I'm glad you can fix it and improve it, please keep up the good work if possible. cheers
Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2022, 1:54 am

Aside from all the errors mentioned, Great Update! An atleast playable or watchable AI fight than the old early version which was long ago. Thanks Very Happy

In my opinion, the character would look best without transparency, take a look:

(Plus Kraven tease)

animaraz and metamutant like this post

Back to top Go down
JARRO77

JARRO77

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2022, 2:24 am

I'm completely agree with Candido in facts i had to try to remove transparency

To make an update but i see you bro do it from yourself Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 670481599

Can you pls send me this version without transparency Twisted Evil

candido159 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2022, 2:36 am

Hydroman does look better without transparency
If you remember tas, he was solid colored all the time
If you really like the effect, you might also try very slight transparency, like Zvitor Iceman uses. It would also not be so noticeable when he goes into a custom hit state (where he loses transparency no matter what)

And insane to see kraven in the engine, looks great man

gartanham and candido159 like this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2022, 2:54 am

I put transparency in my hydroman first update version(where I added specials and hypers) to have better similarity with wucash version and to hide the lack of sprites

Now, the garth update, has got more sprites and, yes, transparency  is not necessary
In any case, I have achieved my intent to revitalize this character

With your improvements hydroman will become a member of villains into bigpimp game

And candido, great progress on kraven... Now he has got being hit sprites

gartanham and candido159 like this post

Back to top Go down
metamutant

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2022, 3:31 am

Everything about that video is awesome.

Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2022, 5:26 am

More on Kraven soon Wink

JARRO77 wrote:

I can upload later and pm you, but if Gart wants then he could add the no transparency version in his first post yes

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
JARRO77

JARRO77

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2022, 5:30 am

With all the fixes and improvement on this char now finally we have a really good version of hydroman for mugen

In my opinion Garth and Shining did an awesome work here farao

Really congratulation to all the people involved on this project sunny

candido159 wrote:
More on Kraven soon Wink

JARRO77 wrote:

I can upload later and pm you, but if Gart wants then he could add the no transparency version in his first post yes

Ok bro i'm waiting you king

Back to top Go down
deanjo2000

deanjo2000

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 9th 2022, 2:35 pm

Fantastic work, I’m glad he’s in your hands.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!    Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hydro man Gart edit realasing !!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next