The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)

Go down 
+15
RenatoNat.J
candido159
Blagoy
Novatomugen
MatreroG
Angelus_Silverhead
JARRO77
MERK_U
crosspotts1.0
Mr.Ketchup
yolomate
chancethegamer
d4v1d
Shining
BigPimp
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigPimp

Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) Empty
PostSubject: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 10:32 am

hey guys, thought id share video of current progress, since previous video got deleted
also wanted to say that Dev provided a GIANT chunk of sprites (at least 1/3 of the sprites is by him), masterfully done, also finally making me to collect myself and start doing something on this project. so even though he is away from mugen currently, he is also co-author with me

now collecting ideas for specials/hypers, thats pretty much the only thing left

Mr.Ketchup, candido159, yolomate and Splash like this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 10:53 am

I hope it will come in mugen
Thanks for preview
Back to top Go down
d4v1d

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 11:28 am

that's a good job can't wait to see him in mugen
Back to top Go down
chancethegamer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 12:19 pm

I think there’s like 2 or 3 other guys working on a Sinister but we all can agree that yours is the most anticipated

I’m not sure where dev is but what if the other 2 authors helped you with the special/hypers to get a release faster? Not trying to rush it but I saw what happened with the Mysterio project. MMV seems to be evolving into that collaborative space like the old Scruffy Dragon used to be. I see LESSARD pick up other ppl works and improve upon them all the time like what he does to chuchoryu sprites and I think he hinted at Kratos not sure if he’s doing that though.

Maybe you can get some move ideas from here

Mr.Ketchup and yolomate like this post

Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 12:29 pm

in a comic he got a lot of clones and he used the mind control with this clones!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ketchup

Mr.Ketchup

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 1:46 pm

Man, I've been waiting ages to see the return of BigPimp, the creator of Shocker and Lady Deathstrike, and the most anticipated X-Men wip IMO, Mr. Sinister. Welcome back, and that's awesome to see it's coming to life again.

Now, I've been playing a lot of Marvel Strike Force, and one my main team is Mr. Sinister. I guess you can take some inspiration from his kit. I'll link you the kit here; https://youtu.be/aTFPVDHCuZY?t=694

I think at least the Psionic Beam is very iconic and important for Sinister. This beam could be straight forward, performed downward, and even upward to hit jumping opponents. It's a great "keep at bay" special.

Some healing factors could work for Sinister, but not make it too overpowered. Look at Zvitor's Wolverine for refrence.

He can also create force fields. Think of the wall thing that Urien does. Or a sphere around him. Something for small time avoiding. It seems like Mr. Sinister will be a pain to fight, but he is one of the greatest mutants out there. I would suggest that while in the force field, he cannot attack nor heal, as it would be too broken.
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 1:55 pm

chancethegamer wrote:
I think there’s like 2 or 3 other guys working on a Sinister but we all can agree that yours is the most anticipated

I’m not sure where dev is but what if the other 2 authors helped you with the special/hypers to get a release faster? Not trying to rush it but I saw what happened with the Mysterio project. MMV seems to be evolving into that collaborative space like the old Scruffy Dragon used to be. I see LESSARD pick up other ppl works and improve upon them all the time like what he does to chuchoryu sprites and I think he hinted at Kratos not sure if he’s doing that though.

Maybe you can get some move ideas from here

thanks, my friend, i think we will manage without involving anyone else
i saw those wips, and they are great, but in a really different style

and thanks for the video, i saw people fighting against this sinister, but didnt see anyone use him
but it seems its just the same shooting beam and using telekenesis to manipulate opponent type of moves

ps. specials/hypers may seem like a big part to do, but it is also probably the smallest part sprites-wise. he is a "caster" character, so those animations wont require many frames
each punch or kick has at least the same amount of frames as a special or a hyper, and there are already 18 of those done
i honestly think its ~20-30 frames and he is ready sprite-wise
but i dont want to start until i have some solid ideas

so far is:
-shooting beam type special
-overcharged beam type hyper

-area of effect attack special (around sinister)
-buff type hyper (maybe healing ability)

-telekenesis/telepathy special (something like magneto's, where he incapacitates the opponnent and pulls him in)

-maybe a teleport special (?) where he drops with a punch from above

so at least 2 more solid hypers needed
something with a clone is cool, any suggestions? preferably with example of existing character (not necessary a clone, but how it should work)

Mr.Ketchup likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 1:55 pm

Mr.Ketchup wrote:
Man, I've been waiting ages to see the return of BigPimp, the creator of Shocker and Lady Deathstrike, and the most anticipated X-Men wip IMO, Mr. Sinister. Welcome back, and that's awesome to see it's coming to life again.

Now, I've been playing a lot of Marvel Strike Force, and one my main team is Mr. Sinister. I guess you can take some inspiration from his kit. I'll link you the kit here; https://youtu.be/aTFPVDHCuZY?t=694

I think at least the Psionic Beam is very iconic and important for Sinister. This beam could be straight forward, performed downward, and even upward to hit jumping opponents. It's a great "keep at bay" special.

Some healing factors could work for Sinister, but not make it too overpowered. Look at Zvitor's Wolverine for refrence.

He can also create force fields. Think of the wall thing that Urien does. Or a sphere around him. Something for small time avoiding. It seems like Mr. Sinister will be a pain to fight, but he is one of the greatest mutants out there. I would suggest that while in the force field, he cannot attack nor heal, as it would be too broken.
ok man, i read that after posted previous one
thanks, solid info

Mr.Ketchup likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mr.Ketchup

Mr.Ketchup

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 2:11 pm

For the clones, it's actually even more fun to give characters that aren't fully made a chance, but of course it requires too much work.

I do not remember fully, but in Mystique's (Zvitor) and Morph's (O Ilusionista) code, there are some effect that makes them mimmic the other character for a second. I know Mystique got it for her taunt, and I believe Morph might have it, unsure, but he does transform into different characters, that I know. Look at them for some inspiration perhaps.

I believe it would be also interesting if it's possible to make a darker palette for the clone characters, with red eyes, indicating they are Sinister clones. Just a nice attention to detail. (Maybe even if possible more aggressive faces on some?)

yolomate likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 2:33 pm

About clones I love Lobo hyper clones
See there...
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 2:40 pm

well, that turning into opponent taunt already used by mystique, morph and apocalypse
it honestly seems like overused in x-men setting already. and mystique done it the best with her counters imo Smile

cool ideas about clones. angry faces would mean to edit copy of each sprite though... or just give them limited moveset and edit those sprites could work i guess

@Shining, wow, great Lobo hyper.. i dont have many DC characters, so never saw that one
honestly thats exactly perfect

yolomate likes this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 3:48 pm

OK so you could do Regen powers as a hyper but the catch is he only Regen's when you hit him and make it last a minute and if you can tell the AI only to use it when low health I think that be a boss tier hyper
Back to top Go down
MERK_U

MERK_U

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 21st 2021, 6:50 pm

DM sent!
Back to top Go down
JARRO77

JARRO77

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 22nd 2021, 2:33 am

I'm glad you back this is one of the most anticipated char,all the people want Mr Sinister for Mugen

I really like the concept and the details are Incredible!! but i had to give you feedback about this

I really hope you considerer the idea to give him a custom gameplay too for the attacks,in this way is too much Urien. You can try to make some mix of bases and frankenspriting to have a new gameplay

Some chars you can use fit perfect with Urien for make Mix of bases: Cyclops,Cap America,Sagat,Adon Resized,Master Huang,CVS Deejay,Magneto,Cable and all the characters made by using this bases

There are alot of bases i really hope you starting to make something like this, is not hard i already do this in alot of my characters also really cool idea about the Hypers!!

You did a really AWESOME Work on Lady Deathstrike she is one of my favourite character i really hope you Do The Same with Mr Sinister Best of luck!! Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) 670481599 Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) 670481599
Back to top Go down
Angelus_Silverhead

Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) EmptyJanuary 22nd 2021, 3:29 am

Невероятно... он выглядит просто восхитительно! Анимации плавные и красочные. По поводу спэшелов и гиперов, мне кажется, можно ориентироваться на способности в том же X-Men Legends II. Гиперы можно было бы сделать с отрядом мародеров (или Nasty Boys из сериала).

yolomate likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)   Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next