The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
What's CAPCOM style?  Emptyby Shining Today at 12:51 am

» Classic VS : Athena
What's CAPCOM style?  Emptyby ELECTRO May 15th 2024, 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
What's CAPCOM style?  Emptyby marvel May 15th 2024, 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
What's CAPCOM style?  Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What's CAPCOM style?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
swooosh83

What's CAPCOM style?  Empty
PostSubject: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 6th 2020, 11:51 am

I've noticed that some characters are capcom styled. what does that mean?

is this like mvc or totally different?
Back to top Go down
087-B

087-B

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 6th 2020, 11:56 am

Capcom style could apply to many different things... usually I assume Capcom style = Street Fighter style. Usually I see MVC and CVS styles defined/specified.

Capcom style could apply to any of that, yeah, but usually I assume it's Street Fighter style. Maybe Street Fighter 2/Street Fighter Alpha style?

I'm not entirely sure... Capcom style is too broad. Unless there's a game I'm missing.
Back to top Go down
plagur

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 6th 2020, 12:19 pm

capcom styles, referring to sprites, means the type of shading used
it is a little complex to explain without image examples, but you can compare for example street fighter 3 chun li with the snk chun li, to see difference in shading

in terms of gameplay capcom style can refer to 6-button, 3-punches/3-kicks, holdback to block ect. type of characters

i think thats pretty much only 2 meanings that i know of

Last edited by plagur on May 6th 2020, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
plagur

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 6th 2020, 12:32 pm

here you go actually, found it
capcom style sprite on the left and snk style sprite on the right
difference in shading is subtle but you cant miss it
What's CAPCOM style?  Chun-l10
Back to top Go down
087-B

087-B

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 6th 2020, 12:36 pm

OH SPRITES! My bad I thought gameplay. XD
Back to top Go down
SUPERFERNANDOXT

SUPERFERNANDOXT

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 6th 2020, 1:22 pm

#CVS2SpritesInMVC
Back to top Go down
Nexus Gaming

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 6th 2020, 6:23 pm

both sprites are capcom style ...capcom style it what ever 2D fighting game capcom made...the character sprites from those games are capcom sprites but they have different styles because of the game they come from.

and for gameplay i guess capcom styled could either be CVS2/or Pots style, and MVC Gameplay
Back to top Go down
plagur

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 7th 2020, 8:00 am

Nexus Gaming wrote:
both sprites are capcom style ...capcom style it what ever 2D fighting game capcom made...the character sprites from those games are capcom sprites but they have different styles because of the game they come from.

uuhh.. no?
you say they both capcom style, but then you say they are different styles..?

capcom style refers to type of shading, where most of the color transition happens on the border of the darkest color, and where next lighter shade often doesnt even cover the full border of the previous darker shade (so darker and lighter pixels constantly meet, without transition color in between them), and where the main color takes up most of the surface, with the rest of the colors mainly just serving the purpose of transition or highlights

while in most of the other styles of shading, each color shade takes an almost equally reducing amount of space and darker and lighter pixels almost never meet without transition color in between them

here is an example on the circular shape, for better understanding, capcom style on the left, regular style on the right:
What's CAPCOM style?  Circle10
you can clearly see the same pattern if you look at chun li closest thigh or chin on both sprites as well
Back to top Go down
swooosh83

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 8th 2020, 10:27 pm

Wow, thanks everyone! I thought it was just a mechanics/gameplay thing. Didn't realize it was sprites, too!
Back to top Go down
Nexus Gaming

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 9th 2020, 5:49 am

your talking about CVS Sprite style then
Back to top Go down
plagur

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 9th 2020, 9:24 am

Nexus Gaming wrote:
your talking about CVS Sprite style then

yes, thats where the second chun li sprite comes from
not capcom style sprite there
Back to top Go down
SUPERFERNANDOXT

SUPERFERNANDOXT

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  EmptyMay 9th 2020, 9:44 am

What's CAPCOM style?  Mvc_legacy_age_of_heroes_hd_logo_by_superfernandoxt_ddwf4go-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD01MjEiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC84ODViYTY3ZS0yMjY4LTRkODYtYTFmOS01YWFjNjg5ZDQ4ZTdcL2Rkd2Y0Z28tYTIwYTIxYTctYTQxNi00NDA1LThiZWUtMWMwNmFmMjBjZjA0LnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0

Legacy Hyper Portrait For Chun-Li

What's CAPCOM style?  Ddwsfub-dfef81c7-e210-40ab-a771-a290c50b96ea.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvODg1YmE2N2UtMjI2OC00ZDg2LWExZjktNWFhYzY4OWQ0OGU3XC9kZHdzZnViLWRmZWY4MWM3LWUyMTAtNDBhYi1hNzcxLWEyOTBjNTBiOTZlYS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's CAPCOM style?    What's CAPCOM style?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What's CAPCOM style?
Page 1 of 1