The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Emptyby yolomate Today at 11:12 am

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Emptyby dev Yesterday at 4:47 pm

» Crossover Battles in MUGEN
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Emptyby dauragoncmikado Yesterday at 9:20 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game

Go down 
+30
varo_hades
shags2dope
BioResidentSKG
ASR-64
Kareem07
Zexika
sil3nt_j
Mr.Ketchup
mulambo
lucas989898
Lows 9.0
Josuke
LESSARD
JARRO77
Fabry Taz
nedflandeurse
superxash
GTAGuy
Mazemerald
Fede X
vellrrarth
alnyrd
galactus
Dragon_Rise
X
Tsuyoi
MatreroG
CARNAGE777
CAMARAO
Shining
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 12th 2020, 7:00 am

thats great news i cant wait to play
Back to top Go down
mulambo

mulambo

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 16th 2020, 4:56 pm

Chris Monvel wrote:
What you're asking for is more of a desire than actual criticism, i decided to use Capcom's sprite style for the following reasons:

1.  The Resident Evil franchise is owned by Capcom. Using other spriting style like SNK's wouldn't be pretty logical.

2. The art direction was chosen in such way to make the game look like if it was released in the 90s in the CPS2 arcade system

However every constructive criticism is welcome and i'll keep in mind taking a look to the sprites if re arrangements are required.
Of course, but my desire was to add some criticism to your project so you could actually improve it instead of finding excuses. Desire itself isn't a wrong thing, otherwise all the people who expressed their desire to see this game finished, they would be wrong according to your own opinion about "desire". So maybe you're mistaking "desire" with "honesty", in here.

I mean: ok, it's Capcom's stuff. But  there's no Capcom's or SNK's style as regards portraits: they're all made by an artist and the same artist can work on both companies or for a product that is owned by both companies (example: all the artists who made CVS2 portraits).

About 90's style... mmm nope, I don't think that's enough to justify a lack of proper shading. I know you wanna make it look like the 90's but all the 90's games (well, most of them actually, some were real crap indeed) had a minimum of shading. Even pillow-shading would be better than a flat shading and instable lines which do not give those characters the scary look they should have. I mean they do indeed look scary, but because of the quality of the sprites, to be brutally honest.

So either you have to find better sources for Frankenspriting those monsters, or you have to learn a bit of pixel-art and drawing. And by "a bit" I mean "a lot" because, if you really want your game to match the quality of "the 90's games" you gotta work hard. Street Fighter 3, Metal Slug, and other amazing examples of pixel-art and they're all "90's games".

This is criticism, my dude. It's not about easy compliments or met expectations.
The game has potential, you just need a skilled pixel-artist to make the chars for you so you can just code or make the menu graphics or other minor things.
Back to top Go down
http://emanuelepepi.altervista.org
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 17th 2020, 2:32 am

What's going on I don't see the gripe just be glad that some one is making an awesome game like this I also don't know what sprites your talking about pleas provide the sprites for reference
Back to top Go down
mulambo

mulambo

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 17th 2020, 6:05 am

No problem, look at the previous pages where Lisa Trevor (if you know the char) and the spiky tyrant zombie (the one from RE4) are shown. Now, let's be honest, can be done in a better way? Not only graphically but also as regards proportions: Lisa Trevor, for example, should be bigger and look a lot stronger (as her attacks were very strong in the game)... they tyrant spiky zombie (sorry can't find his name) was also pretty tall and well formed.. unfortunely this doesn't seem visible from the sprites.
All I say is: find a skilled pixel-artist. With so many chars, one person alone can't handle it without facing the risk of making a game that would have been better.
You may think I'm rude, but I'm actually inviting the creator to add somebody to his project. Otherwise gamers, unless they can have enough of it, will think " Oh no, another cr*ppy fan game. " I'm just underlining a risk.
It's not an original game, so there shouldn't be such freedom or quickness in development.
Also, if the creator has other priorities (real life problems) then being helped by somebody else could be a good thing for him.

What I said about the people who desire this game to be finished: wait, people. I mean, if you grow a plant so it gives fruits to you, why cutting the tree before the fruits are grown and healthy ? Don't push people on a hurry or it will be a bad work. Simple wisdom, no drama. It would be drama only for the people who can't judge things properly. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lows 9.0

Lows 9.0

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 17th 2020, 9:21 am

graphics can be changed/improved later, maybe after the release of the game, it's not big deal.

anyone can take the game and make edits, which i don't find necessary for now. game looks perfect to me.
Back to top Go down
http://allmugenstuff.blogspot.com.br/
mulambo

mulambo

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 17th 2020, 11:42 am

Lows 9.0 wrote:
graphics can be changed/improved later, maybe after the release of the game, it's not big deal.

anyone can take the game and make edits, which i don't find necessary for now. game looks perfect to me.
"Perfect" ? Maybe it's really a matter of taste, here or somebody is not being really objective (or honest).
I understand your concern is to motivate with compliments, but compliments are like adulation: they serve to no good, because they lack of discipline. If you eat too many sweets, your teeth rot... same way if you take too many compliments, you'll think you are "perfect"... but nothing can be actually perfect in the literal sense.

Also why delaying something you can do now ? Is it so difficult to find a pixel-artist who's also a Capcom fan out there? Just post a topic in any pixelart-related forum and you'll get tons of them. Instead of delaying and giving the responsibility of an improvement to someone else, find somebody who's available to work on it now and wait some more. scratch
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 17th 2020, 1:22 pm

Because most people will request payment for that work and if he can do it himself then that's what he will do cause once he has to pay for sprites the game can just be shut down cause the charm will be lost
Back to top Go down
mulambo

mulambo

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 17th 2020, 4:30 pm

I don't think so, many people do fan-art for free... not necessarily for money (but for the same passion for the series and for practice/skilling-up/etc... ).
The "charme" of the game would even be more if sprites are done better. The whole series would even lose its charme if bad games are made around it. Ok, just stating my standards in here so you can ignore what I said if it sounds too rude, but that's what I think...
Anyway I already gave my point of view (probably more than necessary), it's up to the creator to decide wheter to take a decision about including a free-willing and passionate pixel-artist for this project or not... I would take part myself, but I'm not in the mood for that (but this doesn't mean other graphic artists shouldn't be available)... it's just a matter of hope.
Back to top Go down
CAMARAO

CAMARAO

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 19th 2020, 5:48 am

for the comments I saw and the experience I have in designing sprites .. in my opinion I think the sprites of Chris monvel are very good, it’s not praising the work, I’m being realistic. and I know this is a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
http://flyper1989.weebly.com/
galactus

galactus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 20th 2020, 5:43 pm

Chris Monvel wrote:

@galactus Thanks a lot my friend, the game's development has progressed pretty
good since then. Here's a changelog regarding the most recent updates:

- Wesker fully playable. Special attacks added
- Guest Character 2 fully playable. Special attacks added.
- Chainsaw Majini boss added.
- Majini Executioner boss updated. Sprites and animations re arranged.
- Zombies' attacks improved.
- Character select screen finished.
- Majini Soldiers' attacks updated.

Wow, that is great news Chris Monvel and looking forward to seeing
some of those things on the list as well ...especially Wesker with his
special attacks and the updated Majini Executioner Boss etc Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 2800933067

well done clap clap and good luck with this Awesome project
as well my friend Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 670481599
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 24th 2020, 12:40 am

Thank you so much for all the support my friends, that encourages me to continue the project so we can all enjoy kicking some zombies asses in an arcade style Cool

Good news regarding some updates! Very Happy I stated in previous post that some mutating creatures would not transform due to complications with coding, well I've managed to discover how to make enemies transform or mutate into other creatures, i've updated the Majinis with their Plaga transformations.

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Reside53
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Reside54
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Reside55

Other enemies to be updated with this feature:
- Ganados (Plagas)
- J'avos (Mutated J'avos)
- Mr. X (Super Tyrant)
- William Birkin (Form 2, 3 and 4)
- Mendez (Plaga Form)
- Saddler (Spider Plaga)
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/chrismonvel
CAMARAO

CAMARAO

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 26th 2020, 6:02 pm

Chris Monvel wrote:
Thank you so much for all the support my friends, that encourages me to continue the project so we can all enjoy kicking some zombies asses in an arcade style  Cool

Good news regarding some updates! Very Happy I stated in previous post that some mutating creatures would not transform due to complications with coding, well I've managed to discover how to make enemies transform or mutate into other creatures, i've updated the Majinis with their Plaga transformations.

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Reside53
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Reside54
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Reside55

Other enemies to be updated with this feature:
- Ganados (Plagas)
- J'avos (Mutated J'avos)
- Mr. X (Super Tyrant)
- William Birkin (Form 2, 3 and 4)
- Mendez (Plaga Form)
- Saddler (Spider Plaga)

this is really cool. knowing that the open bor has this mechanism that the enemies can change his form, it is much better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 27th 2020, 3:35 am

@CAMARAO Thanks a lot my friend Very Happy you're right, now that i've figure it out how to transform enemies into others the possibilities have increased. By the way i've just updated Birkin with his form 2 and 3, i was going to submit some screenshots but the character is a creation of yours so you know it already XD

I didn't include his final form mainly because the sprites are huge Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 311127478  his behavior in-game might result a bit problematic. His 4th form (the dog-like monster) has not been included neither because there seem to be some lacking animations like falling and death. Probably i will make them.

After i'm done with Birkin i'm definitely working on the Ganados, it's going to be really exciting. Very Happy scared
Back to top Go down
CAMARAO

CAMARAO

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 27th 2020, 5:14 pm

Chris Monvel wrote:
@CAMARAO Thanks a lot my friend Very Happy you're right, now that i've figure it out how to transform enemies into others the possibilities have increased. By the way i've just updated Birkin with his form 2 and 3, i was going to submit some screenshots but the character is a creation of yours so you know it already XD

I didn't include his final form mainly because the sprites are huge Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 311127478  his behavior in-game might result a bit problematic. His 4th form (the dog-like monster) has not been included neither because there seem to be some lacking animations like falling and death. Probably i will make them.

After i'm done with Birkin i'm definitely working on the Ganados, it's going to be really exciting. Very Happy scared

in opon bor you can't zoom out and zoom in like mugen 1.1 ?? so you could get all forms of william!?
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 EmptySeptember 28th 2020, 1:10 am

@CAMARAO unfortunately Openbor can't do zooming, unless i change the resolution of the game but i don't want to, adjusting the resolution of the levels has been a pain in the ass XD Birkin's 4th form will be present anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game
Page 12 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next