The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages Emptyby BigPimp Today at 11:15 am

» Bridge Cliff Stage
Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages Emptyby Charmugen Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages Emptyby NightDevil123 Yesterday at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 6:35 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
icecream11

Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages Empty
PostSubject: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 11th 2019, 1:14 pm

This is for having an option to use different sprites on certain levels, e.g. a special outfit or anything which cannot be done with smart palettes

For example if you want a game where you play as Batman for some level, and then go in the Batmobile for some bonus levels, there are several ways; for all the idea is to make all sprites something like this
Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages Bat210

Then by adjusting the stage settings various ways you can have a different part of the sprite being displayed, so that only Batman or the Batmobile set is seen as appropriate. The simplest seems to change "zoffset"...if you make it higher value the "floor" of the stage [point at which base of sprite is placed] will be lower, and it will make this kind of effect
Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages Bat10

Using the zoffset does not lead to the same problems as the original method I was using, so I think this can be very good with patience and co-ordinating. Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 11th 2019, 2:27 pm

thanks for advice
...and about some different dragonball goku
is it possible to have them all in same selcet box?
is it possible to choose one of them based on some kind of variables?
Back to top Go down
RenatoNat.J

RenatoNat.J

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 11th 2019, 7:14 pm

very interesting
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 11th 2019, 8:33 pm

You can't put 2 SFF files for 1 character. This is a limitation of MUGEN.

While there are a few ways to get around this, what you are trying would be much easier if you use a variable instead.
This is the method that most creators use for this.
See Batman/Batzarro, Superman/Bizarro, Green Lantern Hal to name a few... all use variables to change between fighters within the same SFF.

If you want different things to happen within a specific stage, then you can use the stagename trigger as well (Mugen 1.1 only).

Variables and stagename is the easiest way to do this. This way you do not have to code stages to a different Z-offset. Other stages that happen to have a random Z-offset close to yours, your character would not show up correctly on those stages as well. I can just image the nightmares with sprite placement as well for your top and bottom sprite doing it the way you have shown. If P2 superjumps, P1 is on the ground, and camera follow is on... you would see the Batmobile sprite in the example posted Wink

Z-offset trick was used previously mostly for stage interaction for mugen 1.0 or older (See Syn MUGENs previous interactive stages).

Up to you what you do in the end, just giving suggestions with far more options for coding.
Back to top Go down
icecream11

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 12th 2019, 2:07 am

thatguy wrote:

Thanks a lot, I only use Winmugen at the moment, but I'll think about that

Here it is running

This is an impression of how it will be one day.. a lot will be improved but the idea is the stages will give a feeling of early polygon graphics, I hope you can see the beginnings of that

Yes, I thought about the jumps and all that...it's ok because for me it is a separate game, not with my main mugen things. But it can all be worked out, if someone wanted to do that with superjumps, either you need taller sprites or less camera follow. Not sure if there is a limit to size of sprite; that is the only problem I see, potentially. And you have to set up all your characters' sprites the same way in pairs of course.

Shining wrote:
Sorry, I don't know much about Dragonball, not sure what you mean. About variables, you can have 2 versions of each stage: 1 low zoffset & 1 high, so in effect it would be 50-50...or you can have multiple copies to change the odds however you want
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 13th 2019, 1:10 am

icecream11 wrote:

Yes, I thought about the jumps and all that...it's ok because for me it is a separate game, not with my main mugen things. But it can all be worked out, if someone wanted to do that with superjumps, either you need taller sprites or less camera follow. Not sure if there is a limit to size of sprite; that is the only problem I see, potentially. And you have to set up all your characters' sprites the same way in pairs of course.

I don't think there is a limit to the size of sprites, however the larger the size, the slower it will load.
Yes you would have to code all characters in pairs to work, it would work great for a fullgame.

For winmugen using different sprite set chosen by a stage, this is the only way. You are correct.
What a great use of z-offset. Probably the best use I've seen. Keep up the dream yes
Back to top Go down
ELECTRO

ELECTRO

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 13th 2019, 10:46 am

thatguy wrote:
If you want different things to happen within a specific stage, then you can use the stagename trigger as well (Mugen 1.1 only).

This works in Mugen 1.0 as well.
Back to top Go down
http://electroslair.blogspot.com/
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 13th 2019, 12:16 pm

any chance to have different .sff in different rounds?
example: if 1.sff lose in 2nd round there is 2.sff?
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 13th 2019, 12:27 pm

ELECTRO wrote:
thatguy wrote:

This works in Mugen 1.0 as well.

I wasn't 100% on 1.0, but Electro is the pro with stage interactivity.
Thanks for this confirmation Smile

Shining wrote:
any chance to have different .sff in different rounds?
example: if 1.sff lose in 2nd round there is 2.sff?

Unfortunately in mugen you can only use 1 SFF file per character. This is a limitation of mugen.

You can have different animations for the character during rounds this can be done with trigger: roundno = && roundno != (round number equal to and not equal to)
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages EmptyFebruary 13th 2019, 2:16 pm

thanks for info Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages 670481599
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages   Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages Empty

Back to top Go down

Put 2 or more sffs in one char, use one determined by stages
Page 1 of 1