The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 Emptyby Tiger-Boy Today at 1:51 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D

Go down 
+9
Blagoy
tank402
bigboss9999
Max-Arturo
borg117
dev
Ax
Angelus_Silverhead
Tha Realest
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tha Realest

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 13th 2013, 3:20 pm

Ax wrote:
Yeah they spoke pretty funny at times when performing some moves.

Perhaps they thought the 3D make of this game was going to fail so they didn't care what they did Razz

I don't know, I'm just guessing? It is an odd choice to add to a MK game.

To me mk wasnt like that at 1st,it use to be like playing an old martial arts movie,after mk3 came out then it got silly with over the top comical stuff,i hated mk3 for that you fight like hell to win a match so you could do some amazing finisher all you were left with was lame comedy,i didnt like that,the comedy should be dark,like jax ripping arms off is funny but devastating at the same time kinda thing,not like kabal pumping up a head an floating off screen.rest assured this game will not have things like that crap
Back to top Go down
Max-Arturo

Max-Arturo

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 13th 2013, 5:08 pm

Hello everybody.

I am Max- Arturo, from MKP team, I have joined this project from some time as a editor, well for now I´m helping Tharealest in Quan chi to make him look good for mugen, and i decided from a time to help him in his project personally, well this forum its beautiful, full of good works.

Well people, don´t ask me about mkp because i part ways with MARKOS in the last year, i can´t tell you about Quan chi progress but soon there will be MK4 2D news .

Well nice to meet all of you.

Good bye and Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 13th 2013, 6:54 pm

Tha Realest wrote:
Ax wrote:

Perhaps they thought the 3D make of this game was going to fail so they didn't care what they did Razz

To me mk wasnt like that at 1st,it use to be like playing an old martial arts movie,after mk3 came out then it got silly with over the top comical stuff,i hated mk3 for that you fight like hell to win a match so you could do some amazing finisher all you were left with was lame comedy,i didnt like that,the comedy should be dark,like jax ripping arms off is funny but devastating at the same time kinda thing,not like kabal pumping up a head an floating off screen.rest assured this game will not have things like that crap

Yeah that stuff did go beyond what you would expect. I heard from their behind the scenes of MK3 that they wanted to go a step further and make impossible stuff happen like Jax turning into a giant and stepping on you. Their attitude was like "how do we go top ourselves"

Understandably though it was too much in many instances. MK4 2D is going to be a great game, the realism is top notch it it seems to have a good balance of maturity.

@Max-Arturo,

Yes I remember that project, a great accomplishment for mugen in its time. Great to have you here Cool
Back to top Go down
Tha Realest

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 13th 2013, 7:27 pm

Ax wrote:
Tha Realest wrote:
Ax wrote:

Yeah that stuff did go beyond what you would expect. I heard from their behind the scenes of MK3 that they wanted to go a step further and make impossible stuff happen like Jax turning into a giant and stepping on you. Their attitude was like "how do we go top ourselves"

Understandably though it was too much in many instances. MK4 2D is going to be a great game, the realism is top notch it it seems to have a good balance of maturity.

@Max-Arturo,

Yes I remember that project, a great accomplishment for mugen in its time. Great to have you here Cool

Yeah it made no sense at all,logically jax should just been able to grow at the start of a fight an kill you instantly,or like the floating arms that didnt fall from the side,they got lazy and pressure from the esrb prolly made them go that route,hurt the whole franchise in my opinion.Well details like the arms on the sides or a million arms on an explosion have been fixed,fatalities i made a real effort to make them awesome an original,as well as bring back old favorites
Back to top Go down
Max-Arturo

Max-Arturo

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 13th 2013, 8:56 pm

Hello everybody.

@Ax Thank you for these words.

Well in MK4 the game itself was a comeback to the dark root established in MK2, the music also MK4 have some of the best music in the mk games in my opinion alongside mk2 and mkmsb.

For the reality in the fatalities, well that was a good point from mk team part, MK3 fatalities just is a WTF, blowing worlds, Jaxilla, wooden decapitated bodyparts, fliying arms, thousands of bones from a single character and don´t forget the colored animalities.

I know the whole history of the esrb, but please, all mk3 fatalities were just a jokes, even for kids.

MK4 was a promise, but unfortunadely the nostalgia factor turn against the game, Jarek a ripoff of Kano, Shinnok, OMG, what they done with him, in mkmsb he was a awesome boss more powerfull than Shao Kahn, but in MK4 he was a troll-elf like ork with shang tsungs abilities without powers, but with decent fatalities, I guess that mk4 was made in short time and that was an error from midway now netherealm studios.

Well mk4 still a promise, everything is possible.

Good bye and good luck.
Back to top Go down
bigboss9999

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 14th 2013, 1:50 pm

very good project Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tha Realest

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2013, 2:34 pm

Thanks everyone,here is a concept sprite block,mind you most of theses will be different in gameplay,but gives you an idea on what the chars will look like

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Angelus_Silverhead

Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2013, 3:03 pm

Hmm... I think, Liu Kang and Raiden needs their heads from MK4.
Back to top Go down
Angelus_Silverhead

Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2013, 3:04 pm

And I love this Sub-Zer's look.
Back to top Go down
Tha Realest

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2013, 6:14 pm

As i said they are concepts,old ones in fact. the final sprites are different in ways,better in my opinion.It to give you guys something to look at while you wait.
Back to top Go down
tank402

tank402

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2013, 8:41 pm

I was hoping for deception styled ninjas Sad

Still great sprites tho. Maybe darken the under costume of scorpion,it looks really blue and wierd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youropiniononlymatterstoyou.biteme
Tha Realest

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2013, 9:53 pm

tank402 wrote:
I was hoping for deception styled ninjas Sad

Still great sprites tho. Maybe darken the under costume of scorpion,it looks really blue and wierd.

Well there will be special costumes possibly,mind you idk if the deception costumes will be done that might be 4 another game

and scorpion in gameplay is better then that costume lol Razz watch a video an see Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 24th 2013, 9:30 am

For alternate costumes maybe yo could try r get someone to do smart palettes. At least the illusion of new and different costumes can be created.

Though just a thought. Question
Back to top Go down
borg117

borg117

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 26th 2013, 1:33 pm

we already have some kind of smart palettes, like scorpion has a "classic" palette where his suit is not blue and his eyes are not glowing. i guess the most applicable to smart palettes will be noob saibot. so we are ok with smart palettes, just not going crazy.
alternative costumes are more like 2-in-1 characters
Back to top Go down
Blagoy

Blagoy

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 EmptyMay 26th 2013, 3:39 pm

LOL Max-Arturo here LOL
I am manic fan on mkp team so bad that still 5.1 are not release we can wait 2-3 years more Very Happy . Just a one question what happen with MKA Chameleon .
The project look cool i like a lot Reptile and Kai good luck .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next