The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Skhsato123 Sprites
MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Emptyby skhsato123 Today at 5:13 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Emptyby BigPimp Today at 11:15 am

» Bridge Cliff Stage
MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Emptyby Charmugen Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Emptyby NightDevil123 Yesterday at 9:02 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D

Go down 
+9
Blagoy
tank402
bigboss9999
Max-Arturo
borg117
dev
Ax
Angelus_Silverhead
Tha Realest
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tha Realest

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 12:56 am

Hello all,i would like to share some videos of the mk4 2d project.This project had some delays but is back on track again.I hope you guys enjoy the videos

Project members

Tha Realest (Lead Editor/Design)
Borg117 (Lead Coder/Design)

As well as others such as Max Arturo and Markos of mkp and others(to many to mention at this time)

Back to top Go down
Angelus_Silverhead

Angelus_Silverhead

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 1:01 am

To be honest, it is amazing project.
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 1:25 am

Ah good to see you again old friend!
Back to top Go down
Tha Realest

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 1:49 am

Ax wrote:
Ah good to see you again old friend!

Ah yes AX,good to see you as well

I just wanted to add the game is currently on mugen 1.0 it should be on mugen 1.1(which i know is available)but is still to unstable 4 us to use at this time but will eventually have all the zoom in an out cam like mk4 3d had

This is the next char to be added to mk4 and the reason there was delays..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 2:34 am

At long last, Quan Chi!!!!

He has been like the most rare mugen MK character. It's good to see he is finally going to get done. He is hands down the best part of MK4.
Back to top Go down
Tha Realest

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 2:52 am

Ax wrote:
At long last, Quan Chi!!!!

He has been like the most rare mugen MK character. It's good to see he is finally going to get done. He is hands down the best part of MK4.

I will take that as you like what we did with the sprite lol.Yes Quan chi is the next char and will be in the next video.It took time to restore the sprites to an arcade quality,as they originally were(look on youtube making of mkmsz as reference).Unlike other projects,these are restored an not hand drawn fixed,we did add a tiny amount of detail but 95% of the sprites are untouched.

@Angelus_Silverhead,Thanks 4 your support Very Happy

Last edited by Tha Realest on May 13th 2013, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 3:35 am

Well the work paid off, it looks marvelous!

I'm glad more MK is coming to this forum, its been hard to bring MK here. Recently someone did a Liu Kang here. This however is just a glorious plus on top of that.

I've been working my butt off to bring other genres in that are non-comic related and like a miracle we get a creator here who wants to share progress on MK cheers

I like to think with a forum more or less called "multiverse" that we are allowed to cater to the Mk universe, especially now with those last crossovers from a few years back it seems like the time is right to reinforce that bond.

I'm happy you came, I hope you'll stay and bring more of it here.

The fan base is still weak right now in this place but with Mk stuff popping up now hopefully it will gain momentum and grow a little more.

Thank you for sharing this jewel! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dev

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 5:30 am

This looks AMAZING! Finally someone managed to do this. Keep it up, you're doing a great job.
Back to top Go down
borg117

borg117

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 2:10 pm

hi again guys. yeah, this appears the first place where i can openly admit that i was working on this project as a coder undercover. i learned a lot while making an engine for this game.
i hope you guys will enjoy what we are trying to accomplish.
Back to top Go down
Angelus_Silverhead

Angelus_Silverhead

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 2:11 pm

Guys, you are great. Mortal Kombat 4/Gold is fantastic game and this is deserve right to have mugen version.
Back to top Go down
borg117

borg117

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 2:31 pm

well, in my opinion they made up some things in a too comedic way in original MK4 game, and the graphic was just terrible compared to tekken 3 for example. lots of fans were wishing that Midway never abandoned the side-scrolling gameplay with digitized actors. what we try to answer is "If it was 2D back in those days - what would it look like?"
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 2:55 pm

borg117 wrote:
well, in my opinion they made up some things in a too comedic way in original MK4 game, and the graphic was just terrible compared to tekken 3 for example. lots of fans were wishing that Midway never abandoned the side-scrolling gameplay with digitized actors. what we try to answer is "If it was 2D back in those days - what would it look like?"

More comedic than MK3's Toasty & friendships?! tongue

Going back further MK1 Johnny did have his Van Damn move to? affraid

I think the series has always been a little comical, maybe it was just more apparent in the limited 3D realm at that time because it lost its realism and had in its place the new tech of that era, where 3D was just starting to be a brand new thing and 3D games had to lose detail and appear more cartoony polygons because the technology was still new and details like that were hard to manifest with those limitations. Probably?

Back to top Go down
Tha Realest

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 2:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is another char that will eventually be in the game.This is the old concept art of him,a better version will be in gamplay
Back to top Go down
borg117

borg117

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 3:08 pm

Ax wrote:
borg117 wrote:

More comedic than MK3's Toasty & friendships?! :tongue:

yes youre right at some point, but in mk3 you could choose not to perform friendship and be cruel. but in mk4 you always had to live throught these screams lol. im mk3 liu kang was funny, kabal was funny a bit, but in mk4 everyone sounded funny. its just too rough i guess.
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D EmptyMay 13th 2013, 3:12 pm

Yeah they spoke pretty funny at times when performing some moves.

Perhaps they thought the 3D make of this game was going to fail so they didn't care what they did Razz

I don't know, I'm just guessing? It is an odd choice to add to a MK game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D   MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D Empty

Back to top Go down

MORTAL KOMBAT 4 2D
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next