The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Captain Falcon Release
Mugen Archive is the worst site.... Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 5:52 am

» Link Release
Mugen Archive is the worst site.... Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 1:41 am

» Daredevil #71 - The Owl's Stronghold!
Mugen Archive is the worst site.... Emptyby Shining Today at 1:24 am

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Mugen Archive is the worst site.... Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 10:09 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mugen Archive is the worst site....

Go down 
+13
DukeNukem 2417
ghost_rider
Blade
yolomate
Mazemerald
Werewood
rj10018576
NamelessOnlinePlayer
shags2dope
Mistah Jorge
skhsato123
carpa5
logansam
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
logansam

Mugen Archive is the worst site.... Empty
PostSubject: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 11:08 am

Mugen is a hobby , When someone take my work without asking and host it and ask other people for money so they can maintain my stuff on their webspace, it defeats my purpose as a creator. For this reason I am hesitant to release any future work....

this site (blacklisted website) only wants to fill their Pockets with our work, so fuc...you  and no more creations from this creator... Mugen Archive is the worst site.... 4008376456 Mugen Archive is the worst site.... 4008376456

Mugen Archive is the worst site.... CfdtJ4M

Last edited by logansam on August 18th 2017, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carpa5

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 11:14 am

pacman
Back to top Go down
skhsato123

skhsato123

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 12:29 pm

Many times i think in making MMV closed for the mugen downloads only for the devoted and loyal people to mugen work but another thinking this makes mugen as a hobby free world loose its true purpose and meaning anyways this is what everyone can face in the wide international web
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 12:54 pm

Hey, i'm really sorry to hear that.
Personally i think it's not that bad, because some characters that have gone missing and i can get them there...

logansam wrote:
[...] take my work without asking and host it and ask other people for money so they can maintain my stuff on their webspace, it defeats my purpose as a creator. For this reason I am hesitant to release any future work....

this site (blacklisted website) only wants to fill their Pockets with our work, so fuc...you [...]
Wait... what the fuck?
Isn't this a crime?

I think it is... the fact that you made characters from franchises and now Mugen Archive is earning money with it? correct?

skhsato123 wrote:
Many times i think in making MMV closed for the mugen downloads only for the devoted and loyal people to mugen work but another thinking this makes mugen as a hobby free world loose its true purpose and meaning anyways this is what everyone can face in the wide international web
Yes, let's not forget that this is a comunity, the downloads section is meant to be shared to everyone.
But this... i think that this is serious, things like this should be solved, anyone agrees?
Back to top Go down
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 1:57 pm

sooo your quitting because of MA, i understand your anger but that is not the way to go about it. YOU have alot of fans who enjoy your work and allowing a group of ppl to take that away from you isnt gonna fix anything. I had my own issue with MA but at the same time i understand its just a part of the game. Fansubs and Parodies like DBZ abridged are free but there is somebody right now selling them to somebody.

It sucks but if those ppl stopped making content because a dishonest dickhead is making money off their hardwork the fans suffer...not the scammers. Just because you stop doesnt mean they wont keep going.. You should stay (IMO) because mugen is kinda on its last legs and we need all the quality creators we can find and you my friend are the cream of the crop
Back to top Go down
NamelessOnlinePlayer

NamelessOnlinePlayer

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 2:06 pm

I lament what happened here.
Archive is getting worse with time, and it's only alienating people in the other communities.
Heard those guys tried to get in contact with companies to get support, but people fear that it may backfire badly on everyone.
Sadly, there's not much we can do about it, only blacklisting that site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl_qw6J6u1OSvtQFmnEepJQ
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 2:31 pm

what companies?
Back to top Go down
NamelessOnlinePlayer

NamelessOnlinePlayer

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 2:48 pm

shags2dope wrote:
what companies?
Capcom.
Sorry for the wording, I was only referring to that one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl_qw6J6u1OSvtQFmnEepJQ
rj10018576

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 3:03 pm

At the end of the day 5 years from now most of you all will have left the mugen community and your releases will be exclusively in warehouse sites. Your legacies will be what you released and what you teased to release and didnt, like many mugen creators before you.

The reason the mugen community will never progress is because creators are too ocd about credit and too easily offended about stupid stuff like this. And their answer is to horde their work until the inevitable hd crash and we hear from their hearsay about how good of a character they never released and most will forget about. The comics mugen community has become a graveyard of false promises and unreleased wips, your contribution to this sad legacy is nothing of note. Its typical and why the comics mugen community is floundering and will eventually go extinct.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 3:07 pm

Well I am not against any MUGEN online databases, and it is fine for them to host my MUGEN stuff even without letting me know.  The biggest complaint to them from me is that, they tend to delete some very important files (i.e. MUGEN manual/readme and my MUGEN story) in my MUGEN uploads, to try to make the file download sizes smaller/make the files look better. Very Mad

About them trying to make $$$ out of MUGEN creators'/authors' hard works.......this kind of thing is happening to many other scenes like books/tv programs/movies/software/hardware/artworks/, not just the MUGEN scene.....and you cannot do anything about that because you are not able to prove you own the copyright of all the MUGEN files you have been making for the MUGEN engine(s) at all. No
Just look at my 2015-11 MUGEN case about me trying to pursue a claim with an online file storage provider Arrow :  http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t8290-i-have-a-quick-question-about-mediafire-copyright-and-mugen#102165

About that M.A., just don't go there and don't join them at all.  This is the only way to deal with them for now.....and quitting MUGEN due to M.A. is kind of not worth, as like if 1 M.A. dies then there can be 10+ similar M.A.'s to be built..........sigh..........Mugen Archive is the worst site.... Sign0012
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 3:13 pm

WHOA that was a little nasty towards the end but i agree with your main points. This site and IMT are prime examples if you go to the wip section is full of what could have been and its pretty depressing. Nav comes to mind in the second area where he has been working on tim drake FOREVER but says he wont release it till its perfect to the point nobody really cares or expects it to see the light of day.

I get wanting to release the best possible product but we cannot fight piracy (if music and movies cant mugen DAMN sure can't) If you enjoy creating characters why are you letting warehouse worry you. Warehouses were here when i first got into mugen. And some ppl dont like it but honestly they do serve a purpose once a creator (nt saying you) up and leaves the hobby and no longer pays for his website. His work is not GONE forever its up so fans can still play as these characters.

Just take the good with the bad
Back to top Go down
Mazemerald

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 3:20 pm

the people need to be very silly and stupid to pay for mugen stuff,because all our works are free.
sell mugen stuff is totally illegal because the original trademark is involved.

mugenmultiverse must to valorized because it´s the site more amable and shared that exist.

mugen free ever.......you don´t pay for it so you don´t cash in...
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 4:09 pm

pacman
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 16th 2017, 4:46 pm

pacman
Back to top Go down
ghost_rider

ghost_rider

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... EmptyAugust 18th 2017, 8:40 am

logansam wrote:
Mugen is a hobby , When someone take my work without asking and host it and ask other people for money so they can maintain my stuff on their webspace, it defeats my purpose as a creator. For this reason I am hesitant to release any future work....

this site (blacklisted website) only wants to fill their Pockets with our work, so fuc...you  and no more creations from this creator... Mugen Archive is the worst site.... 4008376456 Mugen Archive is the worst site.... 4008376456

LoganSam ... personally I admire your work a lot ... I think you are one of the best creators of mugen chars ... I would regret not seeing a char created by you ... Internet is like this ... if you hang something on The network, you expose them to use it ... but people use it as inspiration, not to belittle your work ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Archive is the worst site....   Mugen Archive is the worst site.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Mugen Archive is the worst site....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next