The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Achilleon

PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) Empty
PostSubject: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)   PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 11:25 am

Hello everyone!

I am a simple UE4 Dev that is currently working on a Template where people can create their own fighting games as easy as possible by using Unreal 4. Though I have worked on 3D before, at the moment I am focused on the 2D part. I am an old Mugen dev (like, 10 years ago and so) and I decided to move to Unreal 4.

My current goal is to prepare a very detailed Template that people can create their own Fighting Game upon and it should not only have all Mugen features, but it's functions mimiced too, so a Mugen Dev can feel at home as much as possible.. For that I am creating the solutions for various things, such as input, combo creation, ability, collision, shadow, animation systems.

There are ofcourse various small Engines for creating 2D fighting games, though I feel they are all limited and not open source to edit for your needs. Unlike those Engines, my template will be fully editable from head to toe, and you will be able to see what I have done inside to achieve what I have done so far. Since it's still Unreal 4 Engine deep inside, the limitations are no longer there! Plus, I am using Unreal's Blueprint module, aka visual scripting. As long as you know a little bit of how coding works, you will be able to understand what's going on. And I will have detailed explanation of every visual node and what they are doing, so you won't wonder "why is that there and why is this missing". ^_^

Once you understand the system, you will be able to change it with whatever way you prefer. You don't like the way I did the Input System? Change it! You don't like the way characters push/pull each other? Make your own! Add something that is not there? Go ahead! ^_^

The videos you will see below are just the babysteps. More will come later, including talent system, rpg elements, clothing system. The list goes on, and you will have all the power within your hands to edit/delete/add new along the way of creation!

Video 1: Early Demonstration

Video 2: Stage Twisting

Video 3: Beginning of Fighting System

Thank you for your time and reading! Hoping to see if there is any interest. ^_^
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)   PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) EmptyDecember 3rd 2015, 11:05 pm

first and most importantly, welcome to the mmv community Very Happy

next, while your project sounds interesting, it is still a bit confusing. the jist i get is a whole new engine that works similarly to Mugen?
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
blacktiefamily

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)   PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) EmptyDecember 4th 2015, 12:44 am

looks promising!
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)   PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) EmptyDecember 4th 2015, 1:59 am

>> I am an old Mugen dev...
Oh so you are one of the Elecbyte authors!? Exclamation Question

Awesome job very much so far so good! Exclamation 

I convert stuff to the current MUGEN1.0 (not-so-complicated characters and some simple stages for MUGEN), so I wonder the new way to convert stuff to your new UE4->2D_FTG engine, will it work like still using state controllers and triggers and such, or something more simple or advanced? Question

Please keep us updated with your cool work and welcome to MMV!  PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) 705151839
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Achilleon

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)   PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) EmptyDecember 4th 2015, 12:13 pm

volzzilla wrote:
first and most importantly, welcome to the mmv community Very Happy

next, while your project sounds interesting, it is still a bit confusing. the jist i get is a whole new engine that works similarly to Mugen?

Hello. I fully understand the sudden "what the hell is going on here?" feeling you feel. What I want to say is, it will work like Mugen though without limitations of it. Or the content it lacks that you wanted to have. Hidden characters, Weapon, Clothing, Talent System, Moral Choices, different stages, single player campaign combined, having literally created moves for beginning, mid fight, end etc.

The limits will be endless, everything will be editable. ^_^

blacktiefamily wrote:
looks promising!

Cheers!

borewood2013 wrote:
>> I am an old Mugen dev...
Oh so you are one of the Elecbyte authors!? Exclamation Question

Awesome job very much so far so good! Exclamation 

I convert stuff to the current MUGEN1.0 (not-so-complicated characters and some simple stages for MUGEN), so I wonder the new way to convert stuff to your new UE4->2D_FTG engine, will it work like still using state controllers and triggers and such, or something more simple or advanced? Question

Please keep us updated with your cool work and welcome to MMV!  PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) 705151839

No I am not one unfortunately.! ^_^

Though it may be scary to hear at first, there is nothing that can convert your mugen characters directly from MUGEN to UNREAL. They are both different Engines, with the latter that can have  your imagination go wild. =) As I mentioned above, you will be able to add, remove stuff as you prefer. And I will be there to handle the hardest core parts so you don't need to worry about many things.

And thank you for the welcome everyone! I hope to show sooner or later!
Back to top Go down
X

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)   PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) EmptyDecember 4th 2015, 4:24 pm

Wow this sounds awesome. I really like the mode change and stage twisting. cheers
Can't wait to see what new stuff you bring PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) 2800933067 and Good Luck on your project. PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) 670481599
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)   PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine) Empty

Back to top Go down

PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)
Page 1 of 1