The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Having multiple versions of a character? Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Having multiple versions of a character? Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Having multiple versions of a character? Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Having multiple versions of a character? Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Having multiple versions of a character?

Go down 
+16
Helio
yolomate
Tsuyoi
Yunnin
LALO27
WADEPOOL
Chimoru
shastab24
xSHINIGAMIx
btony89
Arkady
Mistah Jorge
Werewood
the watcher
2dover3d
volzzilla
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

Having multiple versions of a character? Empty
PostSubject: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptyAugust 13th 2015, 11:37 pm

i know alot of people want to only have 1 version of a character. i never understood this. there are so many good versions of superman just as an example. why not get and keep all versions if they are different and fun?
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
2dover3d

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptyAugust 13th 2015, 11:51 pm

maybe character select screen slot limitation? sometimes if my select screen is limit, I tend to keep one version of the character. I normally like same character with different version, my huge amount of same character is Geese Howard. Use Ikemen as it feature unlimited select slot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the watcher

the watcher

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptyAugust 14th 2015, 2:12 am

i have a lot of mugen screenpacks,
for example : superman,
i have a
dcvsmarvel screenpack using superman by hannibal
dc screenpack using the one by logansam
dc new 52 screenpack using the one from hannibal updated with new 52 look
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptyAugust 15th 2015, 4:16 am

I guess this depends on ones' MUGEN taste and style of the MUGEN choices made.........like, when it comes to Spiderman, my favorite MUGEN choice is the one by SethZankuten because he has just everything a Spiderman ought to have enough to me, while I realize that there are still many other versions of Spiderman for MUGEN.  When it comes to Cyclops, I have many MUGEN versions of him, because almost each version offers very different look and game play.  Very Happy

At last, there are some only-one-exclusive-no-other-choices MUGEN stuff like a MVC Dhalsim, it appears that only Aku Ma/Manowar's version is available, if my MUGEN memory serves...... Neutral  
Oh also my MUGEN stuff too, most of it has no other MUGEN version(s) because no other MUGEN makers seem to care to try to mugenize my chosen choices LOL........ lol!
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 3:28 pm

but why not have them all in one screenpack?
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 4:34 pm

To me i think there should only have one version of a character, heck even if it's the same character with diferent modes (as long if that character has a version  has two modes in the same .def file and we could choose those modes be selecting certain palletes, like jmorphan's chun-li), that's my mugen taste.
But, if some friend of mine plays mugen and wants to play against me with the same character but with a diferent version then it's fine by me i would download his vesion just to play with me some vs games or co op.
However, if some people prefer to have multiple versions of a character then who the hell am i to tell them to do otherwise
Back to top Go down
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 4:54 pm

I like just having one, then move on, if I like something from two different versions of the same,
I'll just code it in, but that's just me, and as for multiple versions, I believe it depends on your screenpack and what your game is aimed for, personally I love marvel, so I'll have everything marvel involved, but not duplicate characters, others probably want every 1000 slot screenpack filled up
and don't care if there's multiple versions. As they aren't fussy, I'm just fussy
Back to top Go down
btony89

btony89

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

i like to have just one character, but sometimes i like 2 versions of the same char, depending how this play or how this looks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0y46-XHBIoPw2vo3yDmO2w
xSHINIGAMIx

xSHINIGAMIx

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 9:22 pm

Just one normally. I don't see the point in having too many characters, especially since I am a person to only really like MvC played characters.
Back to top Go down
http://poliwager.net/adopt/profile.php?user=XShinigamiX
shastab24

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 10:25 pm

I like having one version, but I need to get multiple versions before I figure out which is best. The problem is when you find two versions that have the same level of strengths.
Back to top Go down
Chimoru

Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 10:35 pm

I might keep a secondary version if it's different enough (Example: 90s Cyclops & Astonishing Cyclops) but I'm not keeping multiple versions of the one 90s Cyclops.  I don't take anything New52 because I don't like the New52 and for things like Street Fighter, I try not to have multiple versions of the characters either, just a set of similar ones. (Alpha and SF3 mainly with maybe a CVS or two)  No older SF1 or SF2 I also don't mix Hi-Res sprited characters with Low-res.
Back to top Go down
WADEPOOL

WADEPOOL

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 20th 2015, 7:26 am

well,sometimes i kinda make my own char slot ideas...the reason why 1 version only because...sometimes its a good char sometimes cheap sometimes bad...bad to fight with
Sorry For My Bad English facepalms
Back to top Go down
LALO27

LALO27

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 20th 2015, 9:00 am

the watcher wrote:
i have a lot of mugen screenpacks,
for example : superman,
i have a
dcvsmarvel screenpack using superman by hannibal
dc screenpack using the one by logansam
dc new 52 screenpack using the one from hannibal updated with new 52 look

man you can please share with me that superman from hannibal updated whit new 52 look please?
Back to top Go down
Yunnin

Yunnin

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 20th 2015, 10:18 am

Well, I don't see problems in that, sometimes I even "swap" one of these extra chars with somebody's else name, using/modifying extra pallets to make it sure they'll look like that character.

Using this as a excuse, i got 12 spidermans...........
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? EmptySeptember 20th 2015, 11:50 am

I keep one version of a character by aesthetics and organization. But I agree, of course have more versions of character that a like, but I choose one to let space for other characters. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having multiple versions of a character?   Having multiple versions of a character? Empty

Back to top Go down

Having multiple versions of a character?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next