The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions Emptyby Baelorn Today at 11:45 am

» Bridge Cliff Stage
Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions Emptyby MERK_U Today at 11:10 am

» Skhsato123 Sprites
Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions Emptyby Raijjin Today at 6:42 am

» B-kun's 8-Bits Series Big Update!! (14 chars)
Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions Emptyby Shining Today at 3:08 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions

Go down 
+5
YoungSamurai5
Ax
iron-angelus
cravd
Rjiggler
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rjiggler

Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 1:32 am

Call me ungrateful, but looking at the Marvel selection (namely Spider-Man's villains), one of his majors has only been done once-- using Spider-Man as a base-- and it feels like a weak contribution.  Don't get me wrong-- Acey's work is solid, but his take on Norman as the Goblin seems weak, rushed, or both.  The Green Goblin is a villain to be feared and remembered, and while he doesn't have the same priority the symbiotes do on this site, he certainly needs attention and a reboot.  Various things need to be addressed, so I'll do what I can to suggest methods to make it happen.

-The Goblin serum didn't leave Norman Osborn shrimpy; it made him muscular, especially in comparison with Peter Parker.  Using Spider-Man as a base, even for his stance, seems like a poor decision considering their visual disparity.  I chose Strider as a base for several reasons, namely Strider's use of speed and in-your-face attacks (with potential of frames for grenade throws).  He also has a more muscular build than Spider-Man and is a stance generally unused by most custom/frankensteined characters.  A fresh stance to lighten things up.

-The Glider poses more of an obstruction than a benefit in GG as a mugen character.  Granted, a couple hypers or combos that summon it either for sweeps, bombing runs, or fire support would be absolutely awesome, but having to factor it into all of his movement and fall animations, and whatever else, it just makes it sloppy.    It's best kept out of sight until it has the opportunity to come in for a cinematic effect.

-I kept Strider's pants not only for ease in recoloring and animating, but it tends to look a degree more intimidating and bulky than the standard speedo and boots GG is usually donning.  I also realize right now that I neglected to add the shoulder scales/chainmail, but that's really an effect to add later, if at all considering how much trouble it'd be for animating.

-I understand how much of a hypocrite I sound like by just posting one sprite and asking for a character, but if you can get behind the idea I'm proposing, you'll understand that I'm pretty solid with proposed concepts but horrible with coming through on them, as my ancient and long-forgotten Riddick project stands to prove.  Believe me, I don't like hearing people coming on and making excessive demands to be fulfilled by others, but I'd rather voice the idea and get the ball rolling than leave the whole thing alone forever.

Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions Mugen_10

Last edited by Rjiggler on March 23rd 2013, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cravd

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 11:41 am

Smile
the concept seems to be good for the Green Goblin, and began with an edition of it could take time to make the rest of them if desired by the Green Goblin as desired and thus say that seeing your sample issue is quite acceptable and some would help encode only a matter to continue their work encourage all started with a dream soon to be come true, personally I give encouragement to continue with this his green elf proytecto if necesitace help please in asking that many will be willing aen support as far as it relates.
in other words if you need a green elf get off the slider and hit and kick the Rear of spiderman.

parece ser bueno su concepto para el duende verde, ya comenzo con una edicion de el podria tomarse su tiempo en hacer el resto de ellas si asi lo desea haciendo el duende verde a su gusto y con ello digo que al ver su edicion de muestra es bastante aceptable y no faltara quien ayude a codificar solo es cuestion que siga su trabajo animo todos empezamos con un sueño que pronto se veria hecho realidad, en lo personal le doy animos a seguir con este su proytecto del duende verde y si necesitace ayuda no dude en pedirla que muchos estaremos dispuestos aen apoyar en lo que a eso se refiera.
en otras palabras si hace falta un duende verde que se baje del deslizador y golpee y patee el tracero de spiderman. Basketball
Back to top Go down
iron-angelus

iron-angelus

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 11:49 am

@Rjiggler I think pretty much like you, so let's do this, you make the 300/400 sprites that needs a solid char and then I offer to code him.

Last edited by iron-angelus on December 4th 2012, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.4shared.com/folder/PqTJbRqW/_online.html
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 11:49 am

wut
Back to top Go down
cravd

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 11:53 am

well this last not understand ...

bueno esto ultimo no lo entiendo... Sad
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 12:16 pm

@IronAngelus, it's unlikely. I'm so caught up in looking for paying work and keeping things in life moving that this frame is the first time I've done pixel work in years. I can help it along, but like I said, I'm definitely not the guy to rely on when it comes to executing the plan. Just coming up with one. I'll do what I can, though.
Back to top Go down
iron-angelus

iron-angelus

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 12:49 pm

Of course you don't, I made that post on purpose. The thing is you can't make a post like this if you don't know how difficult and how much time take make a char, because they are a lot of chars that all of us want to see mugenized, almost without effort I think in 10 (and only for Marvel/dc universe) so this forum would be full of "Plans to make a good char".
I tell you this because is like a "mugen rule" you can't make a request to someone to make a new char for you.

If you have to say your opinion this thread is for you: http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t225-who-should-be-mugenized

Sorry for the lesson tone lol!
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 1:07 pm

No, I'm well-aware of all of this. Also that posting a request in a request thread (with minimal expectation) is generally ideal protocol. Granted, I'll post all of this information in that thread, but I am just... SUPER happy you could go out of your way to be condescending without adding new information to the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 1:13 pm

I personally don't mind a request, perhaps if I weren't working on something and was looking for something to do I could see something like this and take up the job, but that's just me I guess.

It's nice to see GG a little differently but I would prefer a base that does most of the work for you. Changing pants into legs is a terrible process. Personally I gave up on that type of work. It's best to find another base that is practically 99% GG to get a new GG out of that.

I like your thinking of a GG on foot, this is a fighter we're talking about after all. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 2:30 pm

Yeah, I just recolored the pants. The extra bulk looks more intimidating than a straight speedo-tunic anyway.
Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 4:20 pm

cool concept rjigg
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 5:11 pm

Looking at the face, I need to make some adjustments to the nose, mouth, and maybe shading alterations to the hood. Also should make a variety of scale plates for the shoulders so that they can be added into different frames without frustration.

I have a bunch of Strider's dash, jump, and attack frames open, and I'm going to try and get some more in tonight and see what I can put up here by tomorrow.

BTW, I discovered that Louis Armstrong makes really calming music for this detail work. Side note. Lot of ideas going through my head for hypers, intros, victory poses and taunts.
Back to top Go down
iron-angelus

iron-angelus

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 10:58 pm

Sorry man, I didn't want to piss you off or start a new drama, I can't fight with a man who likes cheers Louis Armstrong cheers . Good luck with your wip or whatever are you doing.
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 12:03 pm

Yeah, man, I'm sorry to be a snot. Really didn't want anything either, I'm just posing concepts.

Sprites to come, little delayed on account of alcohol
Back to top Go down
JARRO77

JARRO77

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions EmptyDecember 6th 2012, 1:13 pm

i like your green goblin man, good job Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions   Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions Empty

Back to top Go down

Green Goblin Reboot / Concept Open Discussions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next