The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released Emptyby Doom Today at 6:18 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released

Go down 
+15
linkondanab
Adminbot
Anarky
flammableking
YoungSamurai5
Fc Maty
Arkady
wingnut
cravd
Red Hood
Ax
Predator
babuino23
danubissecreto
volzzilla
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released Empty
PostSubject: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 11th 2012, 3:35 pm

Neon Screenpack (1.0 only) by necro_rk
Edited by volzzilla into Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition

Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released 71zJZ

(Some info from readme)

What is changed from the original Neon screenpack?
==========
- Editing the main menu images
- Changing the custom font images to give it a comic mugen look (harder than it seemed)
- New images on the select screen to give the screenpack more of a comic look (which
included a ton of web research to look for images that could be edited correctly for usage)
- Blade theme soundtrack for the main menu music (Always thought that sounded great if
attached to Mugen)
- New comic sounding music for the select screen
- Use of necro_rk's lifebar fix-it patch
- Moving the starting cursor positions for p1 and p2 to a more centered location
- Inserting randomselect in all spots where you can put a character in the select.def
- Notating in the select.def the cells that should be left blank for randomselect
- Changing the winscreen sprite configuration to 9000,1 sprites as didnt like how 9000,2 looked
- Adjusted the positioning of the selected names on the select screen
- Attaching to Mugen 1.0 (one of the DL files, the other contains only necessary files)
- Re-organizing certain things for easier usage
- Adding a Readme for various info

Files
=====
There are two downloadable files, 1 with Mugen 1.0 attached, one with just the files needed
to alter your Mugen. This 'Readme' will be attached to both.

How to, With Mugen 1.0
=====
After downloading, all you have to do is move or copy your characters, stages, and sounds
(for the stages) to the appropriate folders (chars, stages, sound) Then configure the
select.def file located in the neon folder like you normally do. Thats it.

Includes kfm and his 2 stages by Elecbyte

How to, Without Mugen 1.0
=====
Few more steps here:
- When downloading, you'll have a neon folder and a new Mugen.cfg file (optional to use)
- Move the neon folder to the data folder of your Mugen
- Replace your current Mugen.cfg file with the one from the screenpack download
- Ready to go if you followed that step, if you don't want to use the new Mugen.cfg file, then......

- If you do not replace the Mugen.cfg file, then you'll have to do the following:
*Open your current Mugen.cfg file
*Look for where it says, 'motif = data/mugen1/system.def' (or whatever you have your motif set to)
*Put a semicolon ( ; ) in front of that line
*Beneath that line, add the following line: motif = data/neon/system.def
*You may have to scroll down further and check the GameHeight/GameWidth
*Neon screenpack works best at 640x480 in my opinion
*Change your Gameheight/GameWidth to 640 and 480 if you would like
*Your done, now go play!!!

Patch for more characters
=====
Both files will include a patch in case you want to change how many characters the screenpack
will hold from 224 (default size) to 896. A readme for how to do that connected to the files and folders
that are needed. The patch is zipped up and contained within the neon folder.

Downloadable files
============
With Mugen 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?2aap97uhxkpi0s5
No Mugen attached, just appropriate files: http://www.mediafire.com/?vq48d4vfbuhm3tn

Adding info forgotten from the readme concerning the select.def file: To add your stages and chars, need to do it a little differently than what you are used to when editing the select.def file in the data folder. That the wrong select.def when using this screenpack. Look for the select.def file that is located in the neon folder and edit it like you are used to.

Last edited by volzzilla on April 1st 2013, 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 11th 2012, 4:40 pm

video added
Back to top Go down
danubissecreto

danubissecreto

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 11th 2012, 5:07 pm

very good work volzzilla

Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released Danu1312
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 11th 2012, 9:48 pm

thanx danubis. i put in a good deal of effort to make that screenpack have that look and feel like it does now.
Back to top Go down
babuino23

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 11th 2012, 9:56 pm

sorry man, but i cant download :/
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 11th 2012, 10:15 pm

babuino23 wrote:
sorry man, but i cant download :/

sorry, i clicked the wrong thing in my folder permissions. should be fixed now.
Back to top Go down
Predator

Predator

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 12th 2012, 3:12 am

wow, you can simply by Marvel
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 12th 2012, 3:18 am

Download link up in the downloads page as well, thx for sharing Vollzzilla.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 12th 2012, 9:33 am

thanx everyone.

one thing i forgot to mention in first post and readme was the reason i did the 1.0 mugen attaching to it was noticing how it seemed a large portion of people who like comic content not yet upgrading from winmugen.
Back to top Go down
Red Hood

Red Hood

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 12th 2012, 12:19 pm

i will test this one this weekend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cravd

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 12th 2012, 1:52 pm

cheers cheers cheers
is great, I was about to seek a screen pack mugen 1.0 with more than 100 cells, thanks for this release with this V and N postpone the search.
Very Happy
es genial, estaba a punto de buscar un mugen 1.0 con screen pack de mas de 100 celdas, gracias por esta entrega V y N con esto pospondre la busqueda.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 12th 2012, 11:31 pm

cravd wrote:
cheers cheers cheers
is great, I was about to seek a screen pack mugen 1.0 with more than 100 cells, thanks for this release with this V and N postpone the search.
Very Happy
es genial, estaba a punto de buscar un mugen 1.0 con screen pack de mas de 100 celdas, gracias por esta entrega V y N con esto pospondre la busqueda.

thank you. you were part of my target audience, people that like comic content who are looking for a 1.0 screenpack.
Back to top Go down
wingnut

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 13th 2012, 1:15 pm

I have been looking for a new 1.0 screenpack, thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 13th 2012, 7:28 pm

i personally love to edit screenpacks to get them how i want them, but volz you already got it there, great work, i love it
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released EmptyNovember 15th 2012, 5:36 pm

so i got a pm telling me there is some talk regarding me and necro_rk so i thought i'd share this info that could be found in the readme.

Quote :
Back in 2011, when I was looking to upgrade to Mugen 1.0, I found this awesome screenpack
by necro_rk. That was really cool because I had become friends with him before that due to
his work with his Mugen news blog.

Later on, I asked his permission to use parts of the screenpack towards a full game project
screenpack and he said use whatever I wanted.

And while the full game project never happened, I had always thought I'd like the screenpack
more if it had more of a comic motif to it. So what went from private editing for my own
use, turned into editing towards a public release. I contacted necro_rk again about that
and he loved the idea, and here we are.

i had contact with him less than 72 hrs before the release. he got me the updated lifebars that had gone offline from his website.

thank you all for listening, and thank you to all of the people downloading Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released   Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released Empty

Back to top Go down

Neon Screenpack: Comic Edition released
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next