The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Joker released - Page 2 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 6:03 pm

» Perfect DarkPhoenix - Atrocious Difficulty
Joker released - Page 2 Emptyby Oguyaka. Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» King Shark Base Idea
Joker released - Page 2 Emptyby skhsato123 Yesterday at 4:52 pm

» MMV CHRISTMAS EVENT - ORION ( Jack Kirby's Version) from DC COMICS
Joker released - Page 2 Emptyby skhsato123 Yesterday at 1:32 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Joker released

Go down 
+13
ZaLO
DANY (spider boy)
Toxin97
Red Hood
hans2124
JARRO77
Blagoy
YoungSamurai5
kyoman
volzzilla
Carnage2099
warecus
Ax
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ax

Ax

Joker released - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 22nd 2012, 4:32 am

YoungSamurai5 wrote:
let me start off by saying that this joker is very nice sprite wise, i like all the original ideas for the moves and hypers and what not. he is truly a pleasure to watch sprite wise. now down to buisness. i am no cybaster but i spotted a few things that may need to be addressed

-red skull and (especially thor out of respect) sprites need to be taken out. doesnt affect gameplay but i would be nice if you would take those out

-from what i looks like either you used auto-clsn or just re used the same clsn boxes from your red skull the clsn boxes are way out of place, there are some frames that dont even have clsn boxes. not saying they have to be perfect but it would be nice if at least all the frames had clsn boxes

-while your playing with him you can notice that his shadow sometimes flickers on and off probably due to lack of clsn boxes on some frames which i addressed in last bullet

-to fix your clone issue with that bomb special just change that changestate in state 2510 to a destroyself instead, that should fix your problem. also take the green hitbox off of it in the anim just in case p2 attacks the bomb it wont go into p1s get hit state

- super jump doesnt properly connect, might wanna check that out

this is all i found while skimming through him a bit, didnt really play any matches with him yet so there could be maybe a few other things. other than that though he is a pretty cool character just think he was rushed without being tested causing these problems, but i guess this is your way of having him tested since this is a beta im guessing. cool release non the less

Thanks

I am very sloppy, I will try to get into that habbit of removing the dead stuff out. Also i did reuse the clns stuff from the other edits, I only did little modifications, I know I gotta spend some time on that and redo them all.

The shadow flicker is intentional to simulate the arcade shadows in those BoR games, it's not popular with everyone, you can remove it though, I think it's in State -2 at the very bottom.

I used this to fix the bomb special, placed under [State 2510, 1]

[State 18190, RemoveExplod]
type = RemoveExplod
trigger1 = movecontact = 0
ID = 25

It seems to work ok I think?

Also the super jump takes some time to lift off cause joker has to jump on the pogo stick so you have to hold it until he moves out Laughing

If you punch while he is jumping on the pogo stick he will cancel his pogo jump to make that punch a success.

Thanks for the feedback, I can clean it up a little here and there from what I catch in this thread. tongue

Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 22nd 2012, 10:01 am

yea you seemed to have fixed that clone issue i see. the only thing thats wrong with it now is the clsns which you said you will fix later so its good for now lol.

the super jump, i see what you mean by you can cancel into the attack but it is hard at times. you just need a pause or or something like that, i look into it later but its good for now i guess ha

cool man glad you getting some of this stuff done and congrats on your joker man
Back to top Go down
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 22nd 2012, 10:28 am

is it suppose to look like this?

[State 2510, 1]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = time = 0
attr = S,SP
hitflag = MAFD
guardflag = MA
affectteam = E
priority = 2,Hit
sprpriority = 2
p1stateno = 2525
type = RemoveExplod
ID = 25

what am i doing wrong
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 22nd 2012, 12:44 pm

warecus wrote:
is it suppose to look like this?

[State 2510, 1]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = time = 0
attr = S,SP
hitflag = MAFD
guardflag = MA
affectteam = E
priority = 2,Hit
sprpriority = 2
p1stateno = 2525
type = RemoveExplod
ID = 25

what am i doing wrong

i got

Quote :
[StateDef 2510]
type = S
MoveType= A
physics = N
ctrl = 0
anim = 1011
VelSet = 4,0
sprpriority = -1

[State 2510, 0]
type = VelAdd
trigger1 = (Time >= 4) && (Pos Y <= 0)
x = .35

[State 2510, 0a]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = IsHelper
value = SCA

[State 2510, 1]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = time = 0
attr = S,SP
hitflag = MAFD
guardflag = MA
;affectteam = E
priority = 2,Hit
sprpriority = 2
p1stateno = 2525

type = RemoveExplod
ID = 25

; Grenade: exploding state
[StateDef 2525]
type = S
MoveType= A
physics = N
ctrl = 0
;anim = 2521
VelSet = 0,0
sprpriority = 4

[State 2525, 0]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = IsHelper
flag = noshadow

[State 2525, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = Time = 0
value = S60,1
volume = 100

[State 2525, HitDef]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = Time = 0
attr = S,SP
hitflag = MAFD
guardflag = MA
animtype = Up
sparkno = 8570
guard.sparkno = 0
sparkxy = 0,0
;affectteam = B
priority = 2,Hit
sprpriority = 2
damage = 100,30
pausetime = 1,8
ground.type = Low
ground.slidetime = 2
ground.hittime = 5
ground.velocity = 3, -4
air.velocity = -4, -5
fall = 1
fall.recover = 0
down.bounce = 1
kill = 1
;palfx.time = 20
;palfx.add = 64,32,0
;palfx.mul = 512,384,256
p2stateno = 7697

[State 0, Explod]
type = Explod
trigger1 = movecontact
ctrl = 0
anim = 8570
VelSet = 0,0
sprpriority = 4

[State 2525, 1]
type = EnvShake
trigger1 = (!Time)
time = 30
freq = 50
ampl = -5
phase = 90

[State 2525, 0]
type = DestroySelf
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0

you can try pasting that or redownloading it from the downloads page
Back to top Go down
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 22nd 2012, 1:08 pm

perfecto gracias
Back to top Go down
Blagoy

Blagoy

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 22nd 2012, 2:35 pm

Great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 22nd 2012, 4:01 pm

I updated the download with some fixes that mfg suggested.

Just some missing clns boxes and some sprites replaced in the throw, but it's generally the same.

Back to top Go down
JARRO77

JARRO77

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 24th 2012, 1:56 am

awesome char!!! i don't understand only 1 think why the hyper moves are all with 3000 of power???? why you don't change the hyper in only 1000 power, i think its better Smile
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 24th 2012, 5:19 am

JARRO77 wrote:
awesome char!!! i don't understand only 1 think why the hyper moves are all with 3000 of power???? why you don't change the hyper in only 1000 power, i think its better Smile

I think that getting a hyper so soon takes away from the battle, so I increased them all to at least 3000 to perform. I've played many creations and some only use hyper attacks and never really fight after they use their first one. When they use their hyper they quickly regain their power back from the damage their last hyper caused, so it is a continuous loop of nothing but hyper attack trading. The player misses out on the fighting, the skills and technique entirely after the first 6 seconds Crying or Very sad

So for my personal preference I made it harder to get, to allow for a better fight.

However you can alter it yourself, open up .cmd and search for

triggerall = power >= 3000

and change that number to

triggerall = power >= 1000

and you'll have it the back to the normal way. Though you should try having all your characters work at 3000, they'll be longer and more intense battles IMO. scratch
Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 24th 2012, 11:47 am

i dont think that is necessarily the case, it all depends on how you code your characters ai, ive seen some characters whos ai is so intense even without the hypers being impelemented all the time. but to each is own i guess.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyOctober 25th 2012, 12:01 pm

i'm thinking maybe it might be better for the released version to have standerdized hyper gain, and maybe you adjust your personal copy to what you like better?
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
hans2124

hans2124

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2012, 5:56 pm

Hello, I really like the Joker, but because I can not change the color palette to char? scratch

Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2012, 6:13 pm

hans2124 wrote:
Hello, I really like the Joker, but because I can not change the color palette to char? scratch

he only has one pal
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyNovember 3rd 2012, 10:19 am

make sure you watch the end of the black widow video. joker glitched out a little at the end.
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Red Hood

Red Hood

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2012, 1:58 pm

SOMEONE CAN SEND him to me?
"sendspace is at full capacity"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joker released   Joker released - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joker released
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next