The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Yolomate : Episode VIII - The Last palettes
MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Emptyby Prof Seb Today at 5:30 am

» Eve Stellar Blade
MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:11 pm

» Soul Calibur Edits
MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Emptyby CARNAGE777 Yesterday at 8:36 pm

» Some Capcom vs SNK and MvC2 sprite sheets
MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Emptyby Shining June 24th 2024, 11:10 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ax

Ax

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Empty
PostSubject: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptyJanuary 4th 2014, 6:42 pm

HISTORY, PROGRESS, TEAM, AND PLANS

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM A8JXZ
https://i.imgur.com/A8JXZ.png

Okay, this is the official announcement of the project, however, this is just a formal introduction. This game was orignally started a long time ago on various forums. Originally it was planned to be a revival of MK in the MFG forums, since MK mugen had a lot of bad rep over there, projects weren't taken seriously or were generally not liked at all.

Initially Kaandorpius signed on and got the project started with me based on his game ideas.

Old game
MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Movs
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img141/7847/movs.png

The project quickly gained popularity and many people were involved in making it happen. However, the project changed many times as well did the vision for it. Some members quit while others ceased to contribute and the project got cut down to just a few of us whose contributions were kept and used.

Quote :
Ok, quick update on the project situation, before I said I was alone now, well not entirely, there were some that contributed in many important ways so this is for them and to clear things up.

[size=36pt]Official MK-AfterRealm INFO[/size]

[size=16pt]
TEAM MEMBERS
-------------..................Various
Kaandorpius..............Game Base & Style template
Sh1nRa358...............Bloody LifeBar Coding & Run Meter (off hand advice also)
[/size]
[size=8pt]Additional info:[/size]
Spoiler:

If your name was not found then you and your work in this game was dropped or you requested yourself to leave the project at some point in this projects various forums.

Additionally the projects goal has been dropped due to too many conflicting ideas and goals. At this moment I am working alone but the team above has been true and worthy  Wink

Dropped ideas  02 

Spoiler:

In game screenshots

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM I8o33mL
https://i.imgur.com/i8o33mL.png

Last edited by Ax on January 14th 2014, 8:57 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptyJanuary 7th 2014, 6:53 pm

Now for

THE CONTROLS & GAMEPLAY

The fighting is a mixture of Killer Instincts 6 button combo style and Mortal Kombat's standardized basics and custom hit reactions.

So in Mortal Kombat After-Realm the player can only do special attacks while running. This was something adopted from Killer Instincts. The way you can run and special attack is by holding back and then holding forward + an attack button.

00 , 04 +  punch  or kick  This kind of gameplay style in killer instincts made it the user friendly combo king among all fighters whereby repeating the action with different attack buttons you could continue the combo into 6 hits, 8 hits, 12 hits, or more, encouraging the "Killer Combo" banner to appear.

In the sand dunes stage you'll see the combo in practice at the end of the first match. 17 hit KOMBO!!!!  MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM 311127478 

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x199xf5_mortal-kombat-after-realm-mugen-wip-stages_videogames

The klassic Mortal Kombat 3 attacks are still present in Mortal Kombat After-Realm. What was unique about MK in comparison to other fighters was the fact that each character could do more in depth attacks such as sweeping, round house kicks, and full range uppercuts. Typical fighters only allow kicks and punches which are too limited and 1 dimensional. MK was an attempt to go for realism in martial arts, actual bleeding, and realistic deaths, as well as portraying the fighters as real people by using photorealistic recording cameras to capture real people doing attacks, and then converting that to digital sprites.

However, in Mortal Kombat After-Realm some changes were made to accommodate the mix between MK3 and KI. The block button was removed and replaced with Killer Instinct's hold back. The former block button was replaced to increase Mk3's 2-range punches and kicks into Killer Instinct's 3-range punch and kicks. So instead of low kick and high kick, it was changed to do Killer Instincts quick, medium, and fierce. Though re-translated to Mortal Kombats form of kicking low, medium, and high, with low being added as the new kick to make it 3-range.

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM NHHzqyXMORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM 60G6mkWMORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM BI7K2qT
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptyJanuary 7th 2014, 7:46 pm

SPECIAL FEATURES

For MORTAL kOMBAT AFTER-REALM the hitsparks have been mixed to not only include blood but also a movie style dust illusion made popular in Jackie Chan films. Upon impact a spot of dust will appear to show where an opponent gets hit.

When the Opponent falls to the ground, a large dust poof occurs to show ground impact, as well as a camera to exaggerate the force. An idea originally done by other MK mugen games.

The lifebars themselves bleed whenever someone is hit, it is an expression of how your lifebar bleeds your blood as it drains. This was inspired by a MK parody on the simpsons where body parts constantly fell from the sky as 2 shokan warriors were fighting.

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Z

The blood itself comes from various sources, both Mk and non-Mk, they have been recolored to be vibrant instead of the realistic dark color to be more noticeable in a fight. Some 3D elements came from MK4 which was implemented by another mk mugen game where blood would splatter on screen and fly towards the viewer's "screen" after an uppercut or very strong kick.

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM IWe4d1Y

Some new hit reactions were added in from Killer Instincts. The spinning midair reaction (Killer Instincts 2) while falling and the gut pain reaction (Killer Instincts 1).

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM 1kIAHXwMORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM YlTThcv

New lifebars were created within the characters themselves. The Mk symbol glows (once it was programmed to rotate LOL) and the bars themselves glow when someone is hit.

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM 75007945

The lifebars blood meter was modeled after a MK blood texture used in a Font letter. It was reworked and shaped to be a bar and later photoediting fxs were added to get a certain shape and shine. The power meter acts as a run meter, once depleted a character must wait for it to refill until he can run again for more combo-ing.

The announcer of the game is Tim Curry in his movie role, "Legend" 80s era where he played an Irish Devil like creature as the film's antagonist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3J91bPrW9A

He is also the voice of the Game's Boss, Belokk.

The K.O. sound-Ques were adopted from he movie Blood Sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIC30sahflU

The darkening fxs are loosely based on Killer Instincts Danger state.
Back to top Go down
OGSymbiote

OGSymbiote

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptyJanuary 7th 2014, 8:08 pm

very interesting Ax...as usal...i'd like to see whee you go with this
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptyJanuary 12th 2014, 7:05 pm

OGSymbiote wrote:
very interesting Ax...as usal...i'd like to see whee you go with this

Well everything is pretty much there, it just needs to be put together.

This project is 6 years old now and it has been developed on about 9 different forums w/feedback and alterations to what it is today.  

Having said all that I think the project is pretty much ready to be finished now.  MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM 311127478 

After this I will be able to concentrate on the other 10 projects I got going on  jokers laugh 
And then finally I'll be able to retire  Laughing
yeah right...I'm hopeless LOL
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptyJanuary 14th 2014, 8:53 pm

ROSTER

updated roster as of January 14th, 2014

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM ZlRvHqt
https://i.imgur.com/zlRvHqt.png

Okay so I really wanted the roster to be small but I just couldn't leave out some excellent designs.

Although not all are included, it is more satisfying than before.

In this roster Sonya is brought back to break the all male roster theme. Shao Kahn has been put back and perhaps he can be retooled to be a pre-Belokk fight. Maybe work in that whole taking possession thing in the story. Goro has been added back since he is too popular to leave out and Zaddak (Monkey guy) has been given an update to include hooved feet and a Dino tail.

So now 5 vs 5, with boss and sub-boss. Maybe Goro as a prize to be won for beating the game?

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Boss: Belokk
        Sub-Boss: Zaddak

Sonya Blade Vs Kano
Jonny Cage Vs Shao Kahn
    Scorpion Vs Quan Chi
   Sub-Zero Vs Shang Tsung
       Reptile Vs Shinnok

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Back to top Go down
mistermach

mistermach

PostSubject: mk9 scorpion in mk3 style animation stance   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 12:19 pm

that animation its for this mugen project ax if you want to accept this private message

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Mk9_sc11
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 12:39 pm

mistermach wrote:
that animation its for this mugen project ax if you want to accept this private message

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Mk9_sc11

It looks nice but my project is already finished in design. It's very simple, I try not to alter too much the original design. I appreciate the help but Scorpion's stance is fine as is.

I like less detail to in my wips, it is easier to complete.
Back to top Go down
mistermach

mistermach

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptyJanuary 15th 2014, 12:44 pm

aha i understood ok
Back to top Go down
GarrettCreations

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptySeptember 11th 2014, 4:59 pm

Could you pleeease put this up for download? I want it really badly! bub
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptySeptember 12th 2014, 12:33 am

I am surprised you like this game. There aren't many7 fans of this type anymore.

Well this game isn't released yet but the screenpack and 3 characters are released seperately all ready. Just go to the downloads. There are stages ready to.
Back to top Go down
GarrettCreations

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM EmptySeptember 12th 2014, 3:50 pm

How could I not like it? It's a combo of two of my favorite series, KI and MK! Anyways, I'll do that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM   MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM Empty

Back to top Go down

MORTAL KOMBAT: AFTER-REALM
Page 1 of 1