The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released Emptyby Baelorn Today at 3:51 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released

Go down 
+11
YoungSamurai5
ThatIdahoGuy
Fightfan
kanodoom
XXDreamBrotherXX
logansam
galactus
wingnut
Varia the Hunter
Ax
Adminbot
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adminbot

Adminbot

Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released Empty
PostSubject: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 13th 2013, 7:43 pm

Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released Mugen008

There may be some who call it an update due to it a major graphical update of Ax's version, sprite edited by gartanham. But the sprites are so different with so much work put in, we're calling it an all new release. Thanks goes to Colosse for his attempts to help gartanham with the new coding needed for his changes.

There are still some rough edges, but we think you'll like her.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cw3b41lh16qj22i/samus+metroid.rar

Last edited by Adminbot on April 27th 2014, 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update link 4/27/2014)

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 13th 2013, 7:53 pm

She finally looks complete, thanks for the update guys, it feels pretty good for the creator to get the download for once and someone else having done all the work Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released 311127478 

I really appreciate this, it's like getting a gift for your birthday tears of joy 

Thanks for posting V, and thanks gartanham and Colosse for your awesome skills and for completing her cheers

Last edited by Ax on November 15th 2013, 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 13th 2013, 11:24 pm

Those sprites are epic. Wish I was half as good at making sprites. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
wingnut

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 14th 2013, 6:30 am

Totally looking better!!
Back to top Go down
galactus

galactus

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 14th 2013, 8:32 am

Wow, the sprites do look better, great update and release, well done
gartanham and Colosse clap Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released 670481599 

and many thanks very much appreciated as well cheers Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
logansam

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 14th 2013, 8:45 am

yes another nintendo charácter for my mugen collection,bravo....cheers 
Back to top Go down
XXDreamBrotherXX

XXDreamBrotherXX

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 14th 2013, 9:08 am

^One of my favourite Nintendo characters. Great update
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Fightfan

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 15th 2013, 7:11 am

Two great Samus Aran's, one great site
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 15th 2013, 7:27 am

@Varia31,

Samus in 2D doesn't work at all with SNES Donkey Kong & Banjo Kazzooie in our downloads over here. For sure Samus in 3D is just what we needed over here. Thank you for joining and sharing with us.

@kanodoom,

Well the others did all the work this time, I really wasn't interested in updating her anymore, excellent update once again fellas Wink
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 15th 2013, 3:19 pm

ThatIdahoGuy wrote:

-Why not make the charge shot a super move?
these are really fun to code
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 15th 2013, 3:22 pm

ThatIdahoGuy wrote:
Feedback (If I mention anything that hints at me wanting to edit this, ignore those bits):
-Still some missing required sprites, makes it hard for me to make her my own the way she is now.
-Could use some more basic punches and kicks. Not a huge fan of the limited amount of basics.
-I don't understand removing the traditional fighting game jump and making an attack button for jumping. Feels awkward.
-Hitsparks and sounds could use some work.
-Why not use the sounds from her SSB incarnations (Choice on that is yours)? Current voice just doesn't fit IMO.
-Why not make the charge shot a super move?

Just a little bit of what I've seen out of this. It's a little better, but not quite there yet.
Non-Metroid fans will not understand this.

There's a reason why Sam doesn't really throw a punch in almost all her games. Samus is a shooter, if she lacks basic attacks like punching and kicking is only because she specializes in shooting. There was an exception though in the super smash bros series.

Also if you play any of the Metroid games you'll find that she typically jumps with a button command rather than a directional touch, again the exception being super smash bros tongue , so the gameplay is mapped out to reflect a sidescrolling shooter more than a traditional 6 button fighter. The same was done for Mega Man X characters that fought in a similar style.

I found that the sidescrolling shooter style worked best for a shooter type character and is if not more effective in a fight against traditional 6 button fighters. Let me ask you this, have you ever seen or played a sidescrolling shooter fight? I guarantee it's more intense and more exciting experience. Fight spark mandrill without the ice shotgun in mmx1 and you'll have the best gaming fight of your life Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released 311127478 Or Ninja Zebesian Pirate in super metroid snes, or vs Phantoon in the same game. These sidescrolling shooters are exceptional because you're not only fighting but dodging and maneuvering while scheming through every scenario, you're always on your toes.

For her voice I picked a voice from the 80s/90s because the character appeared around that era. I absolutely despise Zero suit samus because she is nothing like the original designs that were totally 80s/90s inspired & loosely based on the movie Alien.

Spoiler:

As for her super moves, I had 3 in mind, 1 would be where she runs really fast, just like the way gartanham made it, but half way through using that momentum she jumps flipping and ball morphing to continue the attack in ball form, and then that would all end with a huge power bomb like in the series to finish it off. For the next super, a flame thrower stream as a nod to Alien and Metroid prime and finally her last super would be a typical long beam wave like mvc ryu.

So I guess I kinda have a version of the charged shot in there but a quicker and greater version?

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 15th 2013, 3:54 pm

Ax wrote:
@Varia31,

Samus in 2D doesn't work at all with SNES Donkey Kong & Banjo Kazzooie in our downloads over here. For sure Samus in 3D is just what we needed over here. Thank you for joining and sharing with us.
No problem. Glad to contribute. Smile

Ax wrote:
There's a reason why Sam doesn't really throw a punch in almost all her games. Samus is a shooter, if she lacks basic attacks like punching and kicking is only because she specializes in shooting. There was an exception though in the super smash bros series.
And, like it or not, Metroid Other M. lol She may be mainly a shooter, but she's also clearly freakin' strong and lethal when she does use melee. XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released EmptyNovember 15th 2013, 4:33 pm

I don't like it with a cherry on top X(

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released   Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released Empty

Back to top Go down

Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next