The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 Emptyby Doom Today at 6:18 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!

Go down 
+11
DukeNukem 2417
galactus
NinjaRyu
Fightfan
wingnut
Ryon
Mistah Jorge
Ax
Red Hood
volzzilla
Varia the Hunter
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NinjaRyu

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 13th 2013, 11:10 pm

amazing character yes 
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 13th 2013, 11:24 pm

Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 6:21 am

Samus has been updated! MAJOR thanks and credit to BaganSmashBros, he offered to fix the throw and add running sounds, and did so! He also took some creative liberties and added flashier, fancier beam effects and explosions, and a couple easter eggs. When you have the Super Metroid on your team as a CPU in a team match, there's the chance that the Metroid will merge with Samus, making her ultra powerful and giving her a new Super attack! Samus now also has a third win animation that is triggered by defeating Mother Brain. Samus feels much more complete now, thanks to him!
Enjoy the changes!

-> DOWNLOAD HERE <-
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 7:00 am

VERY EXCITING!!!!! Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 2800933067 

Now that's an update!
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 7:14 am

Indeed! ^^
Back to top Go down
Fightfan

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 24th 2013, 8:43 am

Great work. Maybe invite BaganSmashBros here too?
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyNovember 24th 2013, 11:22 am

UPDATE 11/24/2013

NOTE: Changes are based on feedback, and from my own opinion of what could make Samus feel better to use.

NEW
-Added classic spinning sounds when Samus somersaults in the air
-Samus moves faster and jumps a bit higher
-Some attacks have been sped up
-A few improved animations: "hop back" now has two new frames of movement, making it look much smoother. Aerial Ax Kick has the last two animation frames changed, and the overall positioning of the sprites has been altered, as well as the frames being sped up. It looks MUCH better than it used to.
-Health reduced to 1255 instead of 1800 due to feedback of it being to much (health is also a reference to how many missiles Samus can carry, "255" Wink)
-Extra sounds added where needed
-More refinements and fixed coding errors

-> DOWNLOAD 2.0 HERE <-

EDIT
Fightfan wrote:
Great work. Maybe invite BaganSmashBros here too?
Just did. Hopefully he'll join us. Smile
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 7th 2014, 8:06 am

Okay, I thought I'd let you all know that I'm actually adding more to Samus for a new update! I've added her Shinespark as a super jump attack. It goes directly upward, and is a bit risky, but it's a good counter when an enemy is above you. I've also added a couple new attacks as follow up combos. When you use her standard jab, pressing the Power Beam key immediately after will make Samus follow up with a point blank blast from her cannon that will knock the enemy down. You have to be close and there's a small window of time to perform the combo, but it is helpful and can get a little bit of extra damage.

Her other combo is her standard kick follow up. Pressing the jab key after kicking will make Samus do an overhand crush with her fist, driving the opponent to the ground. I'm possibly going to add at least one more combo with her spin kick, possibly a shoulder tackle follow up. If anyone has some other ideas, let me know. I'm also wanting to give her a crouching super that will help against small characters, and also just attacking against everyone else. The goal here is to make her more formidable in melee, as she gets outdone by faster, more combo-y characters. Her strong-suit will still be ranged fighting, but I'm hoping that I'll make her be able to defend herself better.

Lastly, this might be tricky and time consuming for me, but I'm really wanting to add the Lethal Strike from Other M as a crouching Super. It would involve her leaping at the enemy, grabbing them and pinning them down, then Charge Shotting them point blank. Think I should take a shot at it?

Oh, and before I forget: would anybody be willing to code a good AI for her? I have no experience or knowledge of how to do an AI, so I was hoping someone would be up to making one for her. It would be VERY much appreciated. My idea for how she would act would have her being quite aggressive and would utilize all of her arsenal effectively, assuming that's possible.
Back to top Go down
galactus

galactus

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 8th 2014, 11:01 am

Wow, the new moves sound great, Im looking forward to the updated Version
of Samus personally bounceSamus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 2800933067 Very Happy 

many thanks for the news and good Luck with Samus Varia31  Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 670481599 Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 705151839
Back to top Go down
DukeNukem 2417

DukeNukem 2417

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 18th 2014, 3:58 pm

Got another "This file is malicious, blah blah blah" type of alert trying to DL this Samus.

Why is it that every time I try to download from MUGEN Multiverse, I get told that the file is friggin' malware?!
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 19th 2014, 9:55 am

DukeNukem 2417 wrote:
Got another "This file is malicious, blah blah blah" type of alert trying to DL this Samus.  

Why is it that every time I try to download from MUGEN Multiverse, I get told that the file is friggin' malware?!
Seriously? I'm very sorry about that! If you'd like, I could email her current version to you instead for now.
Back to top Go down
DukeNukem 2417

DukeNukem 2417

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 19th 2014, 10:05 am

Varia31 wrote:
DukeNukem 2417 wrote:

Seriously? I'm very sorry about that! If you'd like, I could email her current version to you instead for now.

No worries. Turns out Google Chrome has trust issues with ZIP files. I tested the ZIP with VirusTotal, and it was clean.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2014, 11:36 am

Okay, good to hear. Smile
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 17th 2014, 7:13 am

Hey guys, new update. Samus has two new firing animations.

Wave Beam. It now fires twice, and has the ability to stun the enemy for a moment (it being electrical and all), allowing for follow-up attacks.
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 Mugen_samus___new_wave_beam_shot_animation_by_varia31-d76ug95

Plasma Beam. It fires only once, but it does a bit more damage than before, and knocks down enemies.
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 Mugen_samus___new_plasma_beam_shot_animation_by_varia31-d76ugds

Samus now has the Boost Ball as a crouching Super. It comes in handy, especially when comboing it with, say, the Wave Beam. It also gets you out of a corner easy if you're starting to get trapped. I've sped up her standard jab punch to be a bit more helpful, and for other beams, the basic Power Beam fires in a three-shot burst, and the Charge Beam has knockdown power. The standard Missiles fire faster, but have a quick reload animation akin to Other M between shots. It's to keep the missiles from being TOO spammy, since you can fire them fast enough already.

I'm hoping to incorporate her Grapple Beam as a special grab, or perhaps an aerial poke attack to stun. I want to give her a wall-jump too, so if someone could give me insight on how I should code that, that would be great! I'm gonna try to do her Lethal Strike as a second crouching Super. Hopefully I can pull it off...

If you have any input or ideas, please, speak up! This is going to be my last release for Samus before I move on to other (non-Mugen for now) projects. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 17th 2014, 10:16 am

Varia31 wrote:
If you have any input or ideas, please, speak up!
Well, other than Nova and Diffusion beams, how about either Dark Beam, Light Beam, Anihimilator Beam, Ice Beam if enemy is Metroid only, Hyper Mode (weapons is replaced with their phazon counterparts) when fighting Dark Samus, Zero Laser, Sense Move for 500 power, Overblast, Ice Missiles, Spider Ball, Wall Jumps, Gunship Bomb Drop hyper (like in MP3:C), Concentration hyper or Seeker Missiles hyper? I can help you code them and explain how they will work. Choose one of those ideas or 2-3 if you want, just not all of them.
Also, add my AI patch to the description of character on the 1st page to make it easier to find.
Back to top Go down
http://bagansmashbros.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next