The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
MMV's official view on commision work Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
MMV's official view on commision work Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
MMV's official view on commision work Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
MMV's official view on commision work Emptyby Shining May 18th 2024, 7:23 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

MMV's official view on commision work

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ModeratorBot

ModeratorBot

MMV's official view on commision work Empty
PostSubject: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 5th 2023, 12:53 pm

1) Can sell a service but not a character. As in you can take commissions for coding for someone, spriting for someone, etc. This is providing a service. But when that creation is kept private, it can creep into the territory of selling a licensed creation that whoever (Marvel, Capcom, etc) may hold a copyright for.

This is what has kept Mugen out of the sights of corporations suing, not selling intellectual properties they hold copyrights on. Mugen has been classified as Fan-Art by these companies all this time because copyrighted intellectual properties were not being sold to make money by people not owning the copyrights. So please make sure whatever creation is released to the public, so as the temptation to then sell that creation to a 3rd property will not happen in the future. Selling that creation to someone else (example, saying "I will take the same price the person who paid the commission initially to give you the private creation". That is not selling a service now, it is selling an intellectual property that is copyrighted and does not belong to you.)

2) Use tact when it comes to offering said commission service.

3) Anyone who is proven to not be forthcoming when it comes to fulfilling commissions will not be allowed to solicit their services on MMV. Example, chuchoryu's paypal and any comments made about taking commissions will always be edited until he fulfills work. Another example, Katana Hero will not be allowed to ask for something to be made through commissioning because he has been proven not to pay in the end.

4) MMV staff and website will not be the commission police. If something happens, it is on you to sort it out, do not use our forum or our staff as a means to sort out anything. At most, you can private message an administrator to make sure whoever not fulfilling their end will have their ability to solicit commissions removed.

objection

Last edited by volzzilla on June 6th 2023, 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Mugen classified as Fan-Art by companies phrasing)
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 5th 2023, 2:16 pm

Clear
Back to top Go down
kain11

kain11

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 5th 2023, 5:51 pm

sorry i a bit lost on the commission thing. are you saying no more? i don t agree to have it. cause this is a site we all help each other. by having artist getting commission. will make more people not care any more. members will leave. and no more work or ideas will be made. i understand things about how long things take, but to charge for work is wrong. we all are here for the same reason. artist then develop egos for the same things that we work for. it would be wrong for commission for many reasons. even now i see work bring turn away, when help is needed. i write this to understand what your saying. like they say money is the root of all evils. lol i don t have money to offer, so does this mean my projects never get developed? just saying. plz help me understand what can be done. thank you
Back to top Go down
gartanham

gartanham

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 5th 2023, 6:29 pm

affraid good evening everyone...
come on... i was summoned to edit some sprites by a colleague, he pays me for it,
so the sprites would be his for his personal project,
he doesn't want to share this anytime soon or even if he never wants to, that so would it be wrong before the community? scratch
Back to top Go down
kain11

kain11

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 5th 2023, 9:32 pm

so does this mean cause i can t pay for it. none of my work will ever get done? not right at all
Back to top Go down
ModeratorBot

ModeratorBot

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 6th 2023, 9:20 am

gartanham wrote:
affraid good evening everyone...
come on... i was summoned to edit some sprites by a colleague, he pays me for it,
so the sprites would be his for his personal project,
he doesn't want to share this anytime soon or even if he never wants to, that so would it be wrong before the community? scratch

If this mystery person later on sells this personal project to other people, they are selling a character which is copyrighted. You are fine because you sold a service. But in this case, if this mystery person sells this work to others, then they are making money off of someone elses (whatever corporation/company) copyright.

kain11 wrote:
so does this mean cause i can t pay for it. none of my work will ever get done? not right at all

No where in the first post was it said all works are to be connected to commissions.
Back to top Go down
Angelus_Silverhead

Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 6th 2023, 9:37 am

Hmmm.... It depends to everyone. Somebody propose money for their help. I guess, it depends of people desire.
Back to top Go down
kain11

kain11

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 6th 2023, 10:38 am

that the wrong way of thinking, you just made it sound like that there is no disire because there no money in it. so it would not matter to make it. so what are we all doing here then! doesn t sound like we are going to grow as a group then, cause it just got cut off from future projects and would make us as bad all the other groups out there. the whole idea about helping one another is not true. ? and nothing will ever come from hopes to see new characters being made. also will start in house fighting. less disire to make new ones. there is many reasons why it s wrong. i understand people want things and some want to pay. but don t treat people like they have to play. not everyone can pay. by doing that it makes people feel that they are part of the group. for a group to grow we need to members, not feel like out cast. i know some will think just cause they don t say that your not make feel that. but members will feel that. look at the real world, how this world has gone to crap. we should learn from that. just saying!
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 6th 2023, 11:05 am

MMV's official view on commision work 670481599
Kain , try to involve someone to help you to make your characters

I never worked in mugen from money and i hate It , i have your same point of view ...mugen Is hobby
I must have a great motivation to see a character(stage,screenpack)in mugen before work on It

You should work on motivation to find helpers...i can t work without motivation In a character

Unfortunatly and often , in all world , motivation Is created from money

Moderatorbot are explaining something new around comissions
Back to top Go down
ModeratorBot

ModeratorBot

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work EmptyJune 7th 2023, 8:09 am

Kain, you are adding alot of implications that just are not involved in what was said in the first post.

We are trying to:

- Remind people to not sell copyrighted material as it goes against companies long view of Mugen as Fan-Art, while separating that from selling a service

- Explaining that anyone who has welch'd on commissions (both fulfilling & paying for) will not be allowed to solicit for commissions

- Our staff and forum will no longer be used for the commission police

===

Please re-read through the first post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMV's official view on commision work   MMV's official view on commision work Empty

Back to top Go down

MMV's official view on commision work
Page 1 of 1