The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» I need help ripping a specific sprite art from Asura Buster
Ideas - Page 14 Emptyby SWAGaming98 Today at 4:23 am

» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
Ideas - Page 14 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Ideas - Page 14 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Ideas - Page 14 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 1:20 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ideas

Go down 
+26
Angelus_Silverhead
Doom
brucewayne74
gartanham
Raijjin
DC VS MARVEL
JARRO77
XmatixX
kain11
AvalokiteshvaraX
metamutant
Avaid
dev
O Ilusionista
alnyrd
Melter
RYUYAGAMI
volzzilla
wil.li.an
warecus
chancethegamer
crosspotts1.0
jspiderman171717
candido159
Shining
BigPimp
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
BigPimp

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 12:57 pm

hey guys, been quiet for awhile, but progress actually was steady going on
wanted to give alittle update and share why it takes so much time

at first i thought there is only few anims to add/replace, but watching and dissecting lethal syndicate video, and with constant great additions from Wil.li.an (it is very possible he is actually done more new frames than me at this point), this pretty much turned into a full character wip by Wil.li.an and me (Acey being the original author still)

very much all old frames were redone using Hayato, symbiote spider (thanks RGop, Empawk), other bases, i think pretty much only stance was left untouched
there were actually quite a bit of problems with old sprites, which i never noticed before:

Spoiler:

all punches kicks have different new animations (before goblin only had 4 punches, 3 kicks anims) old animations has new frames added, shading fixed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(dont want to show too much to not spoil Very Happy )

each old pumpkin/razor bat toss has been redone and for each distance or air/ground types there is a new unique animation

all animations that were shown in lethal syndicate videos were recreated, including effects, gadgets, intros, winposes:

with new cool things to look forward to:

another thing is that i was never fully happy with drdoom holster as a bag, it always looked not to comic accurate to me
so we decided to use Charlie nash pants pockets as the new bag, doesn't even need any resizing:

although that one has much more subtle look

so, there is actually much less of the old character left than i ever expected
people have been asking for update on progress, so here it is guys

as you can see there are still bags and belts are missing from most sprites, now it is my main focus, while Wil.li.an is finishing last animations he planned. so, it will still take some time, mostly because im not as active as before, but work is constantly going

gartanham, Melter, Mr.Ketchup, CAMARAO, metamutant, wil.li.an, felideo and like this post

Back to top Go down
kain11

kain11

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 1:19 pm

very nice work. looking good.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 2:04 pm

Ideas - Page 14 670481599
also, 1 more question guys
about hobgoblin special move 'pumpkin patch' (one, where he drops bomb on the floor and it explodes after few seconds)
is it actually useful or useless? anyone uses it? will anyone miss it if its gone?
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 2:26 pm

Extraordinary progress clap

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 3:13 pm

Awesome I think you should leave it in if it's not hurting anything
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 4:32 pm

crosspotts1.0 wrote:

well, i guess i should be more clear about why i asked about this special

this might be a bit controversial, but i think i should raise the topic

since hobgoblin is getting all new sprites (edited from green goblin), basically there will be no old sprites used from old HG version
and the coding of that old version is also sort of clunky. some people were mentioning how hobgoblin version of pumpkin toss does not feel good, and i sort of agree with them (also it doesn't really make sense for pumpkin to fly straight without gravity)

then, another thing is that some of the punches and winposes now involve razorbat gadget (and i dont want to commit to spriting unique anims to replace those for hobgoblin), so logically hobgoblin should also have razorbat special.... in general what im leading towards, is that there are 2 choices

1. is to have more unique gameplay for hobgoblin, similar to old one, with moves that not the best
-straight flying pumpkins
-pumpkin patch

2. have the best moves, but gameplay would be more similar to GG
-pumpkins have the same more realistic trajectory as GG (just with burning effect)
-same razorbat move as GG (i dont really know how to change their mechanic to be unique for HG) any ideas on this one maybe?

im kind of leaning towards 2nd option tbh
but that would mean HG would have half of his specials/hypers to be essentially the same as GG (just with 1 difference of pumpkins and glider dive having flaming effect)
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 4:52 pm

Go with what's ever is easiest at first and if you want to change it down the line with an update you can do that when you have more ideas

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Angelus_Silverhead

Angelus_Silverhead

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 5:40 pm

BigPimp wrote:

at first i thought there is only few anims to add/replace, but watching and dissecting lethal syndicate video, and with constant great additions from Wil.li.an (it is very possible he is actually done more new frames than me at this point), this pretty much turned into a full character wip by Wil.li.an and me (Acey being the original author still)

very much all old frames were redone using Hayato, symbiote spider (thanks RGop, Empawk), other bases, i think pretty much only stance was left untouched
there were actually quite a bit of problems with old sprites, which i never noticed before:

Spoiler:

all punches kicks have different new animations (before goblin only had 4 punches, 3 kicks anims) old animations has new frames added, shading fixed

each old pumpkin/razor bat toss has been redone and for each distance or air/ground types there is a new unique animation

all animations that were shown in lethal syndicate videos were recreated, including effects, gadgets, intros, winposes:

another thing is that i was never fully happy with drdoom holster as a bag, it always looked not to comic accurate to me
so we decided to use Charlie nash pants pockets as the new bag, doesn't even need any resizing:

although that one has much more subtle look

so, there is actually much less of the old character left than i ever expected
people have been asking for update on progress, so here it is guys

as you can see there are still bags and belts are missing from most sprites, now it is my main focus, while Wil.li.an is finishing last animations he planned. so, it will still take some time, mostly because im not as active as before, but work is constantly going

Pretty good Goblin's concepts.

BigPimp and wil.li.an like this post

Back to top Go down
metamutant

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 9:52 pm

Very impressive work from you and Wil.li.an. I think you should go with what you are leaning towards. It makes sense that some of Hobgoblin's moves would be similar to Green Goblin. Great idea to use Charlie's pant pocket as Goblin's bag. Everything you guys are doing continues to be outstanding and very high-quality work, so go with your gut.

BigPimp, wil.li.an and Vovanilkto like this post

Back to top Go down
jspiderman171717

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 28th 2023, 11:34 pm

BigPimp wrote:
crosspotts1.0 wrote:

well, i guess i should be more clear about why i asked about this special

this might be a bit controversial, but i think i should raise the topic

since hobgoblin is getting all new sprites (edited from green goblin), basically there will be no old sprites used from old HG version
and the coding of that old version is also sort of clunky. some people were mentioning how hobgoblin version of pumpkin toss does not feel good, and i sort of agree with them (also it doesn't really make sense for pumpkin to fly straight without gravity)

then, another thing is that some of the punches and winposes now involve razorbat gadget (and i dont want to commit to spriting unique anims to replace those for hobgoblin), so logically hobgoblin should also have razorbat special.... in general what im leading towards, is that there are 2 choices

1. is to have more unique gameplay for hobgoblin, similar to old one, with moves that not the best
-straight flying pumpkins
-pumpkin patch

2. have the best moves, but gameplay would be more similar to GG
-pumpkins have the same more realistic trajectory as GG (just with burning effect)
-same razorbat move as GG (i dont really know how to change their mechanic to be unique for HG) any ideas on this one maybe?

im kind of leaning towards 2nd option tbh
but that would mean HG would have half of his specials/hypers to be essentially the same as GG (just with 1 difference of pumpkins and glider dive having flaming effect)

Those sprites are amazing! They are really making it worth the wait.

Regarding the special moves I feel like Hobgoblin should definitely get all the new basic move sprites from the GG.

Now for the special moves I think in some cases they could be the same as GG but with some variations, think of it like Ryu and Ken:
Ryu's Hadouken is stronger
Ken's Shoryuken is better and with a fire effect.

I remember that in the final episodes of Spiderman TAS Hobgoblin would throw a baby doll instead of a bomb, the code and the realistic trajectory would be the same but it would have different sprites and it would be stronger/weaker than the movement of the green goblin.

As for a pumpkin patch, I think it could be kept, although changing the focus a bit: there is a character from Fatal Fury called White, who has a movement where he lines a cloud of smoke with the face of a baby doll (I can't believe I wrote this 2 times lol).

The new version of the movement could work like this: HB would let the pumpkin launch as in the original movement, it would explode after a few seconds, letting out the animation of FF White's gas that I mentioned causing it to cause a dizzy effect on the opponent.

I hope everything I wrote makes sense and so I can help a Little. Ideas - Page 14 670481599

BigPimp and wil.li.an like this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 29th 2023, 5:31 am

@Angelus
Thanks man. At this point all animations are pretty much done, only the bags/belts for GG and capes/boots for HG remain

@Jspiderman
Yeah man, we are thinking in the same direction, regarding Ken/Ryu. So let's say his pumpkin bombs have burning effect, so they are tad bit stronger by having slight health drain for a second burning the opponent. Then, his razor bats should be a tad bit weaker. How to do it? Remove/add additional teeth to them? Maybe that's a good idea actually. And maybe adjust speed tradeoff for power for both

Regarding pumpkin patch being a gas bomb, that's also exactly what I thought about. Now I have a reference char, I will check it out, thanks. Just the doll head I'm not really keen on. It's not something that is signature goblin gadget, but he could have that as a random 10% chance drop, just to have that reference though

I'm also a mortal combat fan, so for some reason I have sector/cyrax in my head, when thinking about those two
HG pumpkin patch is kind of similar to cyrax bomb, maybe cyrax net would be also a good addition.. but maybe I'm reaching

Btw, the grappling line special will be removed from both characters since it's just kinda weird and awkward imo
And will be replaced by another glider gadgets instead
Animation will be kept for GG hyper though
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 29th 2023, 6:05 am

ok, maybe thats settles it, looks ok to me:

and have like a second bleed out health drain effect

metamutant likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mr.Ketchup

Mr.Ketchup

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 29th 2023, 6:40 am

The animations are so smooth it's crazy, I LOVE the work.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
jspiderman171717

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 29th 2023, 9:15 am

BigPimp wrote:
@Angelus
Thanks man. At this point all animations are pretty much done, only the bags/belts for GG and capes/boots for HG remain

@Jspiderman
Yeah man, we are thinking in the same direction, regarding Ken/Ryu. So let's say his pumpkin bombs have burning effect, so they are tad bit stronger by having slight health drain for a second burning the opponent. Then, his razor bats should be a tad bit weaker. How to do it? Remove/add additional teeth to them? Maybe that's a good idea actually. And maybe adjust speed tradeoff for power for both

Regarding pumpkin patch being a gas bomb, that's also exactly what I thought about. Now I have a reference char, I will check it out, thanks. Just the doll head I'm not really keen on. It's not something that is signature goblin gadget, but he could have that as a random 10% chance drop, just to have that reference though

I'm also a mortal combat fan, so for some reason I have sector/cyrax in my head, when thinking about those two
HG pumpkin patch is kind of similar to cyrax bomb, maybe cyrax net would be also a good addition.. but maybe I'm reaching

Btw, the grappling line special will be removed from both characters since it's just kinda weird and awkward imo
And will be replaced by another glider gadgets instead
Animation will be kept for GG hyper though

Well friend, it seems now you have things solved!

That toothless razorbat sprite looks great, maybe to differentiate it a bit more you could change it's color and that would be it!

Another idea I wanted to share (if it's not too late for that) Rolento from Street Fighter has a winpose where he drops a grenade and explodes towards the defeated character, maybe you could do something similar with hobgoblin so he has winposes other than GG

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
gartanham

gartanham

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 EmptyJuly 29th 2023, 1:45 pm

BigPimp wrote:

affraid I see here a wonderful work, very professional, I loved the animation burning the opponent, this partnership promises, I can't wait! cheers

BigPimp, wil.li.an and Splash like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next