The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 6:03 pm

» Perfect DarkPhoenix - Atrocious Difficulty
Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans Emptyby Oguyaka. Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» King Shark Base Idea
Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans Emptyby skhsato123 Yesterday at 4:52 pm

» MMV CHRISTMAS EVENT - ORION ( Jack Kirby's Version) from DC COMICS
Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans Emptyby skhsato123 Yesterday at 1:32 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans

Go down 
+10
carpa5
Doom
chancethegamer
metamutant
warriorz
Shining
MERK_U
gartanham
crosspotts1.0
BigPimp
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigPimp

Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans Empty
PostSubject: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 4:34 am

Hey everyone, just realised i never uploaded updated Shocker version separately
he was a beta, i think he can be promoted to 1.0 now
some things have been added, others replaced, some were taken out, but i think this is better version overall
its the same version included in Spider-man mugen, putting it here as a separate download maybe just to replace it on the download page, etc:

Code:
www.mediafire.com/file/3w9f50l1ckw29lr/Shocker.rar/file

but the point of the topic is more about future plans for him
wil.li.an new portrait he made for shocker
at first i wanted to edit portrait to fit the character (they look pretty different), but then i thought, why not update the character to fit the portrait?
i had plans to do it long before my disappearance, but since i lost my backups to the character sprites, i dropped that idea
but its still pretty double, longer, but double:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

dark pants and white eyes will be an optional palette feature, the main point is more neat half-transparent net on him, not just solid-colored
so, the question is, do you guys think is it worth it? and if it is, which net is better, 1. or 2.?

also that optional modern (dark pants, white eyes) palette would have a spectacular spider-man voiceclips, as well as unique intros made by Arkady (it was the plan originally, but we just wanted to release it and we put everything into 1 mode, making it alittle bit of a mess, thats why some of those old things are removed from this 1.0 update, for now)

ps. in any case, first of all i wanted to update Deathstrike and Sinister from betas to 1.0, so this is long-term plans for shocker

Last edited by BigPimp on January 25th 2022, 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

gartanham, Mr.Ketchup, candido159, chancethegamer and AvalokiteshvaraX like this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 4:58 am

I would just keep the original with color separation to have the new aperence I don't think the netting is worth it
Back to top Go down
gartanham

gartanham

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 4:59 am

for sure number one, I always liked your Shocker, but I used another version for the sake of a more modern look with trousers, so glad you intend to update this version. cheers

Last edited by gartanham on May 22nd 2022, 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total

naruto likes this post

Back to top Go down
MERK_U

MERK_U

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 6:31 am

Just a personal preference.. I like the original a lot more. It def give's off more TAS vibes.

As for the portrait's I think the eye's on the second one have more resemblance to TAS.

Last edited by ME72K_U on January 22nd 2022, 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 7:05 am

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
I would just keep the original with color separation to have the new aperence I don't think the netting is worth it

I also think the color separation could be enough because in old version you can distinguish the net also during the game and during shocker movements
But the shocker with 1st net is awesome and well sprited
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 8:12 am

well, to be honest with you guys, im also kinda torn between old and new one...
i remember back in the day most of the people said old one looked somewhat messy, and new one looked neat, so it was pretty much just my preference vs everyone else's

i personally also like the old one, because it resembles TAS look much more
but new one looks modern, and makes sprites look higher quality (2. at least)

if i had my backups it couldve been literally done in a day, so i wouldve just made 2 versions and let everyone choose between them, but now, yeah... im not sure it is worth it myself

and i originally tried to edit wil.li.an portrait, since it is unquestionably better in quality than the old one, to match the character, but couldnt do it without ruining it (eyes and net are the most distinct higher quality part and they dont really match the old character design, but by replacing them it becomes almost the same portrait, as the old one)

i guess i would have to put it off, for now and take my time to deathstrike and sinister
deathstrike has been polished and fixed over the years, so she is just missing a throw to be updated to 1.0
but sinister has plenty to do still to come out of beta
thanks for feedback, guys

Mr.Ketchup and candido159 like this post

Back to top Go down
warriorz

warriorz

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 8:42 am

i prefer number 1.. more realistic.. but try to make a good separation colour so we can have also old one suit
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 8:58 am

i think color separation actually already done by someone.. just for the old version
maybe ill just port those color separated sprites to new version at some point, it shouldnt take long
Back to top Go down
metamutant

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 10:11 am

All of your stuff is very cool, buddy. Definitely looking forward to Lady Deathstrike and Mr. Sinister updates. Catzilla did an edit on Shocker (from SSOnic's edit) to give him pants, maybe it could be of use.

here's the link
-http://www.mediafire.com/file/4wyt1uwi91tkr0i/Shocker_by_Catzilla.rar/file

gartanham, BigPimp and MatreroG like this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 11:26 am

thank you metamutant
if someone want to edit it i have whirlwind palettes Wink

Back to top Go down
chancethegamer

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 2:48 pm

I like the original better but of the updates, I’d pick 1 over 2
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 4:46 pm

Original ... cheers
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
carpa5

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 6:39 pm

Shining wrote:
thank you metamutant

please send me the face and the palletes lol
Back to top Go down
carpa5

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 22nd 2022, 7:52 pm

[quote="carpa5"]
Shining wrote:
thank you metamutant

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans EmptyJanuary 23rd 2022, 4:44 am

sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans   Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans Empty

Back to top Go down

Shocker 1.0 upload, Shocker 2.0 and other plans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next