The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» I need help ripping a specific sprite art from Asura Buster
How to make a helper change their parent ? Emptyby SWAGaming98 Today at 4:23 am

» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
How to make a helper change their parent ? Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
How to make a helper change their parent ? Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
How to make a helper change their parent ? Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 1:20 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to make a helper change their parent ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

How to make a helper change their parent ? Empty
PostSubject: How to make a helper change their parent ?   How to make a helper change their parent ? EmptySeptember 21st 2017, 1:32 am

So what I did to the parent state is have the state detect a specific var change from the helper that it spawned.
The parent waits for var(5) to become 1 to trigger a ChangeState, and the helper sets var(5) to 1 when the helper hits the enemy (trigger = MoveHit).
But the parent state won't change even if var(5) is set to 1 by the helper.
I'll post the code if required.
How to make a helper change their parent ? 2649099129
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: How to make a helper change their parent ?   How to make a helper change their parent ? EmptySeptember 21st 2017, 11:37 am

You can't change a helper's parent, parent's the thing that created the helper (or root, i know they work in a similair way but i don't know what's the difference, so you should look it up), as simple as that.

What you want to do when you want to get a helper's variable is something like this
trigger1 = numhelper('put the id of the helper you want to use here'), var(5) = 1 (you can simplify it by not writing the "= 1" part)

This code will get variable 5 from THE helper, what you were trying to do was to get variable 5 from the character itself (in other words: you)
Back to top Go down
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: How to make a helper change their parent ?   How to make a helper change their parent ? EmptySeptember 21st 2017, 4:57 pm

Oh so that's the problem.

I'll try it later after school. Thanks man ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: How to make a helper change their parent ?   How to make a helper change their parent ? EmptySeptember 22nd 2017, 4:25 am

It works !

But actually I need to correct you on something.
It supposed to be helper(ID), not numhelper(ID) lol!

And somehow the helper's var won't change even after a VarSet, so I just use what the var are supposed to trigger as a trigger for the parent.

Thanks again ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: How to make a helper change their parent ?   How to make a helper change their parent ? EmptySeptember 22nd 2017, 6:19 am

Dammit, it's true, i use numhelper so much that i now call helper numhelper too

Anyhow, about changing a variable's value, i think you can only change it inside the state of the helper, but yeah, what you did should work perfectly too
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: How to make a helper change their parent ?   How to make a helper change their parent ? EmptySeptember 24th 2017, 8:54 am

It is a generally good MUGEN practice to make the 1st first TriggerAll or Trigger1 to be "NumHelper(###)", after this then safely can add the "Helper(###), blah blah blah" MUGEN Trigger Redirection...... geek
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a helper change their parent ?   How to make a helper change their parent ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make a helper change their parent ?
Page 1 of 1