The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? Emptyby Shining Today at 12:51 am

» Classic VS : Athena
SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? Emptyby ELECTRO May 15th 2024, 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? Emptyby marvel May 15th 2024, 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???

Go down 
+5
tank402
OGSymbiote
mugenaddict34
Beto
Ax
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ax

Ax

SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? Empty
PostSubject: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 3rd 2013, 5:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
https://i.imgur.com/cmLDyJC.gif
 Almost Ready 
 Completed 

I've been trying for years to do a Silver Surfer and I beleive I finally got the right look....maybe  silent

I am thinking of doing a sprite patch to TOPS silver surfer. I really think TOPS surfer is the best and it has the perfect code, voice, fxs, etc. I just could never get over the fact that he was so small :S

So I would like to do this mini project. The release may not happen here though, I'll have to get some answers first.

Also I am not sure if this design works? I may or may not add details to it either. It's not an official thing but I am just putting it out. Maybe someone can improve this or give me some ideas.

Last edited by Ax on December 12th 2013, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beto

Beto

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 3rd 2013, 6:03 pm

We already have three surfers, one of the sprites are done over iceman I think I agree with a patched to change the sprites because he is such a good surfer.
Back to top Go down
http://legendaryheroesmugen.blogspot.com.br
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 3rd 2013, 6:11 pm

Right now the biggest problem is the palette. I'ma try silver samurai or xmencota storm?

I think it might be too light or too dark? It's kinda weird? I don't think he'll happen this year either Razz LOL
Back to top Go down
Beto

Beto

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 3rd 2013, 6:12 pm

Can not wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://legendaryheroesmugen.blogspot.com.br
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 3rd 2013, 6:19 pm

Well tried Storm's palette

and just an extra mix of all of em for no reason at all LOL

Back to top Go down
mugenaddict34

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 4th 2013, 5:44 pm

Nice! It ressembles a lot to a sprite edit I did for him, using Urien sprites as his base too. Here it is:

Your colouring is better, indeed Wink I used grey tones but couldn't achieve the metallic effect Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 4th 2013, 6:11 pm

mugenaddict34 wrote:
Nice! It ressembles a lot to a sprite edit I did for him, using Urien sprites as his base too. Here it is:

Your colouring is better, indeed Wink I used grey tones but couldn't achieve the metallic effect Rolling Eyes

SFIII Urien is so hard to work with, I hate editing his palettes.

For the colors on surfer I was trying to get the animated series look. It's not easy, I made a few more edits of the colors. It's going to be a difficult edit.
Back to top Go down
OGSymbiote

OGSymbiote

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 4th 2013, 11:09 pm

Ax great idea but u need to shade in the underwear to make it match the rest of the body

and urien is not hard to color...his pal is non existent when I use him as base...I don't even bother with his pal...I just color over then make a custom pal for my character

see...

by the way this is a sneek peak at cap atom progress Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 4th 2013, 11:47 pm

OGSymbiote wrote:
Ax great idea but u need to shade in the underwear to make it match the rest of the body

and urien is not hard to color...his pal is non existent when I use him as base...I don't even bother with his pal...I just color over then make a custom pal for my character

see...

by the way this is a sneek peak at cap atom progress Very Happy

Oh man I wish you wouldn't have shown me that, now I feel like I'm doing the same wip pale

To make it more animated series I recently did a more light blue palette and with the head base looking the same it just looks like the same character now No

Spoiler:

D'oh!!!!

Rolling Eyes Well now I don't know where to go from here. If I do continue and release it the similarities will be uncanny imo. I could have a silver surfer but in the back of my mind I'll be saying to myself...It's Captain Atom Mad ....DANG!!!

It's like TOPS surfer being too similar to Iceman, right back to where I started all over again LOL

Well maybe I'll just put this one off even further and maybe someday I'll run into a different base that will work.

Captain Atom is awesome btw, looks like your best work yet! Congrats cheers
Back to top Go down
OGSymbiote

OGSymbiote

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 5th 2013, 2:54 am

dude you don't have to stop working on him....urien is just one of my bases...remember im using blagoy's major force to make captain atom and he's made up of different bases from tiger, urien and alex...plus im using Dudley as well so all my sprites wont be all urien...

...keep at it man...I want to see your sprites over his code cuz I agree that he is too small and looks too much like iceman

and thanks for the comment
Back to top Go down
mugenaddict34

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 5th 2013, 12:25 pm

Ax, don't worry. There are a lot of mugen chars WIP and some others already released that use Urien as a base so the point is not the base you use, only the outcome result. Maybe and it's just an idea you could resize him a bit to make him less bulky. Go on with your project, look for original moves or mix Urien with another base that could fit. Yes, you can cheers
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 5th 2013, 1:01 pm

Well I suppose I could continue it but damn they look like identical twins silent , its just gonna be so weird to see them one day together in mugen and think that one is just a smart palette of the other or vice versa :S

I wish there were more naked bases like SFIII's Urien, it's ridiculous that we can only either use him or Iceman Rolling Eyes

Well I'll try to do more but the self-motivation is gonna be hard to come by. study
Back to top Go down
mugenaddict34

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 5th 2013, 4:09 pm

Quote :
I wish there were more naked bases like SFIII's Urien, it's ridiculous that we can only either use him or Iceman

Yes, you're true. The only ones half naked fight kick boxing and are always covering his faces or have rare poses...and for that reason are pretty useless to edit or mix as bases for a new char. And also they wear that sport pants, that need to be erased. We need a Tarzan or a Conan hehehe.

Luckily we don't have to pay copyright rights to capcom tongue Urien must be the most edited character ever.
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 12th 2013, 7:58 am

Well I really have no idea what I should do next so I guess I'll work on this for a while.

Back to top Go down
tank402

tank402

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? EmptyMay 12th 2013, 9:07 am

Axe to solve your urien twin with major force issue,just use the coding to change his width down to 0.7 & height to 0.9
Uriens alot bulkier that the silver surfer,i had that issue with loki when i was using that base.set a surfer sprite next to loganirs thor and youll see.lol your surfer will look like hes on steroids if you dont change width in coding. That way it wont look like a pal swap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youropiniononlymatterstoyou.biteme
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???   SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch??? Empty

Back to top Go down

SILVER SURFER WIP - Possible Patch???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next