The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) Emptyby Baelorn Today at 3:51 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mega_Man

Mega_Man

Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)   Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) EmptyApril 17th 2016, 6:02 pm

I can't believe nobody has done this before but a Smash Bros template must be made. If you don't know, Super Smash Bros' gameplay is far from a generic flat background fighting game. in Smash bros, there are no complex button input. The only commands you have are "Forward/Back/Down/Up + regular/special button or Shoulder L or Shoulder R for guarding and throwing" and that's all summed up in one range of quotations. There are also other gimmicks but it's overall not as complex as a usual fighting game and is easier to learn.

Since I am unable to make videos ATM, here is a download of what I did so far. In NO WAY am I trying to make KFM viabally good. In fact, he's crap and really frustrating to use since he has no projectile or gimmicky attacks and he's really slow. This is as basic as I can get and I will not make him any more advanced. He's a template, not a full blown character. This template is based on Smash 4. It's highly unrecommended to make a character out of this.

As for help, I just need additional help for those who can fill in the missing attacks and optional techniques like pivoting.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n6v1heh8g4wrses/Smash_Bros_Template.zip

So far I have done:

Neutral Tilt

Forward Tilt

Down Tilt

Forward Smash

Down Smash

Throwing

pummeling

Guarding

Short hop

Get up attack

Down Special

Up Special

Not sure if I will be adding a base AI to this or not. Smash character AI is already hard on it's own to do anyways.

Back attacks will never happen as well as being able to turn manually because MUGEN AIs guess where their opponent is and their guess is the usual, right in front of them. They will even stop and randomly attack when they are at 0 pixels in the X range of their opponents.

There is some bugs I don't know how to fix like the drill jump (hold up). The bug is also preventing me from giving the character an up tilt.
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)   Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) EmptyApril 17th 2016, 6:44 pm

I am not coder, nor have I played the game. But it sounds like an excellent idea. I hope you receive support from other members. yes
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Mega_Man

Mega_Man

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)   Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) EmptyApril 17th 2016, 7:33 pm

Hopefully someday there would be a full game with platforms now that I am going for a Super Smash Bros (platformer fighting game) style template.
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)   Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) EmptyApril 17th 2016, 7:55 pm

I think that when I see the stage of my friend ELECTRO: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) 3876111886
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t7874-ult-crystal-cavern-yoshi-s-island

By the way ... you can also try to do with OpenBOR. Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) 311127478
Back to top Go down
Mega_Man

Mega_Man

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)   Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) EmptyApril 17th 2016, 10:40 pm

Real platforms. Like ones that you can jump on and stand on. The stage has no real platforms unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)   Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) EmptyApril 18th 2016, 6:08 am

Mega_Man wrote:
Real platforms. Like ones that you can jump on and stand on. The stage has no real platforms unfortunately.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mega_Man

Mega_Man

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)   Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) EmptyApril 20th 2016, 5:14 am

Oh! Last video I saw of it, the KFMs couldn't jump on the platforms. But it looks really cool. I remember him saying that he tried a platforming stage bur MUGEN kept on forcing his characters down back to the ground. Guess he finally found a way to work it out.
Back to top Go down
Shinkemaster

Shinkemaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)   Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) EmptyApril 20th 2016, 4:58 pm

It's really fantastic, it could lead to another level.
It has some bug, but it can be fixed with time and a little help.
if you do not mind, I'll see a little bit the system.

Any questions'll send you a "PM"
Back to top Go down
http://shinkenmaster.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)   Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Template! (Help needed)
Page 1 of 1