The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) Emptyby Baelorn Today at 5:25 am

» Bridge Cliff Stage
Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) Emptyby Charmugen Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) Emptyby NightDevil123 Yesterday at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 6:35 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) Empty
PostSubject: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyJanuary 30th 2016, 10:44 pm

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/snak80lknnqxj6h/Nightmare.rar?dl=0
Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) Xbvw017
Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) KSrMxgK
Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) U5zQIDl
No video because i can't access Youtube for now. Character has big sff file, but it won't generate enough effects to lag.

Nightmare from Metroid Fusion and Metroid Other M is back to haunt your dreams...except not really. This is a boss character with 3 phases. Its weak point is its mask. During 1st phase (1st image), it can use only Plasma Beam and Body Slam and Gravity Manipulator. Once 1/3 of its health is gone, it will go to 2nd phase (2nd image), activate its Gravity Manipulator (making you move slower, jump lower and fall faster) and gain access to Molecular Disruptor and Plasma Beam Delta. Once it is at 1/3 of its healthbar, it will go to 3rd phase (3rd image), losing Body Slam, but Gravity Manipulator is a lot stronger (your jump and movement speed are even lower, you fall faster and you slowly lose health), Molecular Disruptor is a bit stronger and it can use Plasma Beam Omega. To make sure that you can defeat it, timer is stopped.
Endoedgar's Samus is recommended for this boss along with other mobile characters like her. You won't go far if your character can't jump high enough and has no anti-air attacks because Nightmare just won't stay on the ground unless it attacks and gravity increase is very noticeable.

Moveset:
A - Plasma Beam Alpha (Phase 1, 500 power), Plasma Beam Delta (Phase 2, 500 power), Plasma Beam Omega (Phase 3, 500 power). Can be avoided by jumping over Nightmare since iy can't move while beams are fired.
B - Molecular Disruptor (Phase 2 and 3). Projectiles can be destroyed.
C - Artifical Black Hole (Phase 3, 3000 power). Instantly kills, so, move away from it until its gone (that can be done simply by walking back since you won't guard when he uses it). Black hole explodes at the end, so, make sure to block it.
X - Body Slam (Phase 1 and 2). Can be avoided by jumping back/forawrd at right time, but don't do that too early or he will turn around.

Stuff to do:
-Proper AI (currently uses MUGEN's default AI because i can't code AI for such bosses and while it can get things done, its not what it should be)
-Convert sprites to 1.0 and properly crop them (this won't help much, but still)
-Make Gravity Manipulator affect projectiles with hurtboxes
-Fix that glitch that causes Nightmare to disappear for one frame after intro and other glitches that will be found if there are any
-Find out who made coding i used for super armor and poison glitch (i just found that somewhere and used latter one for gravity manipulation)
Back to top Go down
http://bagansmashbros.deviantart.com/
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyJanuary 31st 2016, 3:53 am

Wholly Molly, you have been working soooooooooooooo fast! Exclamation

Not long ago your MUGEN WIP of this cool Metroid boss was seen.....now a MUGEN release officially by the very you! Exclamation

Finally MUGEN people can now have a chance to deal with this creepy Metroid boss in MUGEN! Exclamation

Thank you very much Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 705151839  and downloading now............ Arrow
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyJanuary 31st 2016, 10:25 pm

very interesting stuff bagansmashbros Very Happy just now addd to the forum index news block. thank you for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyFebruary 5th 2016, 3:38 pm

My MUGEN OMK Virgilia vs Metroid Nightmare YouTube video here:

Magic vs Hi-Tech!

Man........let you tell you how many trails I have done in order to win this creepy monster like that............totally 12 trials!!!!!  And I cheated it by using a non-zoomable MUGEN1.1 stage (in my 1st-to-5th trails I used the "XX'GEOTHERMAL'ESCAPE'XX.def" MUGEN1.1 zoomable stage........but it was just too hard to get close to Metroid Nightmare............. Embarassed

Very pleasant MUGEN experience with this Metroid Nightmare!  Thank you so much BaganSmashBros! Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 670481599
Back to top Go down
btony89

btony89

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyFebruary 5th 2016, 3:50 pm

borewood2013 wrote:

Magic vs Hi-Tech!

Man........let you tell you how many trails I have done in order to win this creepy monster like that............totally 12 trials!!!!!  And I cheated it by using a non-zoomable MUGEN1.1 stage (in my 1st-to-5th trails I used the "XX'GEOTHERMAL'ESCAPE'XX.def" MUGEN1.1 zoomable stage........but it was just too hard to get close to Metroid Nightmare............. Embarassed

Very pleasant MUGEN experience with this Metroid Nightmare!  Thank you so much BaganSmashBros! Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 670481599

nice video borewood, an excellent demostration of this great boss. Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0y46-XHBIoPw2vo3yDmO2w
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyFebruary 5th 2016, 3:55 pm

btony89 wrote:
borewood2013 wrote:

.........YouTube............

Magic vs Hi-Tech!

nice video borewood, an excellent demostration of this great boss. Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 670481599

Thanks, and I am interested in how many trails you will be doing in order to win Metroid Nightmare Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 705151839
Back to top Go down
btony89

btony89

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyFebruary 5th 2016, 3:58 pm

borewood2013 wrote:
btony89 wrote:
borewood2013 wrote:

.........YouTube............

Magic vs Hi-Tech!

Thanks, and I am interested in how many trails you will be doing in order to win Metroid Nightmare Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 705151839

well, i haven't got time to play, but i will be sure to try it, i hope i can get at least one round with vergil. Smile

ps:loving your videos, im starting to download some of your chars, they are very interesting. Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0y46-XHBIoPw2vo3yDmO2w
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyFebruary 6th 2016, 8:37 am

@btony89:
>> ps:loving your videos, im starting to download some of your chars, they are very interesting. Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 670481599
Yes, all BaganSmashBros' MUGEN stuff more than just interesting -- his is epic! Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) 670481599

@BaganSmashBros:
>> Proper AI (currently uses MUGEN's default AI....
It took me 12 trials to be able to win Metroid Nightmare so I am afraid to imagine if you are going to add some MUGEN A.I. to it then I may need to take 120 trials...... scared
>> Fix that glitch that causes Nightmare to disappear for one frame after intro....
I am suspecting this might be the cause:
- A human player can hold forward/backward during the in-game intro so when it is over Nightware enters StateDef 20
- The MUGEN A.I. somehow can ChangeState to StateDef 20 after the in-game intro state, just like the way a human player can do above
* please see my MUGEN GIF (sorry the GIF is big and it might take some time to load) showing me controlling Nightmare in the above human player way, as I am holding foward:
Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) LQZXOqR
******* please see the MUGEN GIF down-left corner MUGEN debug mode messages that show NIGHTMARE_METROID 57 (1) State No change *******
I found a fix can be done to the StateDef 20, which I think is useless to Nightmare right?:
- add a ChangeState to StateDef 20:
Code:
[State 20, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = 1
value = 0
ctrl = 0
- also just in case StateDef 20 can still be entered by Nightmare some how, NULL both ChangeAnims:
Code:
[State 20, 3]
type = Null;ChangeAnim
triggerall = vel x > 0
trigger1 = Anim != 20 && Anim != 5
trigger2 = Anim = 5 && AnimTime = 0
value = 20

[State 20, 4]
type = Null;ChangeAnim
triggerall = vel x < 0
trigger1 = Anim != 21 && Anim != 5
trigger2 = Anim = 5 && AnimTime = 0
value = 21
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyFebruary 11th 2016, 5:47 am

borewood2013 wrote:

Magic vs Hi-Tech!

Nice video. Was hoping to see the black hole attack, but oh well.
borewood2013 wrote:
stuff
Interesting. I'll see if it fixed the problem. Nightmare shouldn't even go to state 20 since he is rarely standing on the ground in terms of coding. And maybe it won't take as many tries with AI if it will move as far as it should and when it should move while not abusing certain attacks.

And thanks to others.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyFebruary 12th 2016, 5:01 am

>> black hole attack
Oh I don't know but.....in all my 12 trials Nightmare boss didn't do any black hole attack..........was it due to something to do with its MUGEN A.I.? Question

>> Nightmare shouldn't even go to state 20 since he is rarely standing on the ground in terms of coding
Well, even a human player like me could replicate the Statedef 20 walk state case........so I think the MUGEN A.I. is able to do so too as MUGEN A.I. can usually perform something unexpectedly (i.e. walk in the air while human player shouldn't be able to do so...)... eyes rolling
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyFebruary 12th 2016, 8:59 am

borewood2013 wrote:
>> black hole attack
Oh I don't know but.....in all my 12 trials Nightmare boss didn't do any black hole attack..........was it due to something to do with its MUGEN A.I.? Question
Most likely. That requires full power bar and lasers waste some of it, so, maybe thats why.
Quote :
>> Nightmare shouldn't even go to state 20 since he is rarely standing on the ground in terms of coding
Well, even a human player like me could replicate the Statedef 20 walk state case........so I think the MUGEN A.I. is able to do so too as MUGEN A.I. can usually perform something unexpectedly (i.e. walk in the air while human player shouldn't be able to do so...)... eyes rolling
Then i'll just set all states that aren't supposed to be used to go back to state 0.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) EmptyFebruary 14th 2016, 10:27 am

>> Then i'll just set all states that aren't supposed to be used to go back to state 0.
Hmmmmmm........I don't know, but, I think in addition to that, it can be further assured to make both human player and MUGEN A.I. not being able to walk in any cases:

Perhaps try to add a AssertSpecial MUGEN state controller with flag = nowalk to all the MUGEN negative (-1 & -2 & -3) states:

Code:
[State -1, AssertSpecial]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = nowalk
ignorehitpause = 1
persistent = 1

[State -2, AssertSpecial]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = nowalk
ignorehitpause = 1
persistent = 1

[State -3, AssertSpecial]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = nowalk
ignorehitpause = 1
persistent = 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)   Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16) Empty

Back to top Go down

Metroid Fusion/Other M Nightmare boss (last update: 31/01/16)
Page 1 of 1