The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... Emptyby Shining Today at 12:51 am

» Classic VS : Athena
When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... Emptyby ELECTRO May 15th 2024, 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... Emptyby marvel May 15th 2024, 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you....

Go down 
3 posters

When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you do?
continue my MUGEN WIP no matter what!
When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... I_vote_lcap88%When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... I_vote_rcap
 88% [ 7 ]
put my MUGEN WIP to a pause, wait till someone else's is done then try it out and decide to continue or not...
When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... I_vote_lcap12%When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
cancel my MUGEN WIP in no time!
When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... I_vote_lcap0%When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
none of the above - please state your own choice
When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... I_vote_lcap0%When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Werewood

Werewood

When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... Empty
PostSubject: When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you....   When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... EmptyDecember 30th 2015, 3:03 am

When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you do? Question

--------------------

My choice is "put my MUGEN WIP to a pause, wait till someone else's is done then try it out and decide to continue or not..."

For example, my 2013 MUGEN WIP list had the human team of Dark Awake / Chaos Breaker - The King Has No Name (PS3):
my old DA/CB MUGEN WIP...:
Later on I found that ikaruga did a Ramda and I tried his version and it was quite good.  So I paused this of my MUGEN WIPs and waited to see if ikaruga would try to mugenize the rest -- CurseHead and Sandra.
Now that ikaruga has finished and released all three (2) human team members and his mugenization results are very good (I know he would do a better MUGEN job than I could do) so I decided to discontinue my Ramda/CurseHead/Sandra MUGEN WIP.

By the way if you want to try ikaruga's excellent Dark Awake / Chaos Breaker MUGEN characters then please visit his MUGEN page:
http://ikrgmugen.web.fc2.com/cbk.html
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
metamutant

When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you....   When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... EmptyDecember 30th 2015, 4:08 am

It really all depends on how much one wants to finish creating that character. B/c one main thing about mugen is that wips gets cancelled all the time. So that other person might not ever finish, or might finish a beta and never update again.

Therefore, I say finish your wip and have fun doing so, if you have the motivation. B/c you never know what may happen with someone's wip, and you might surprise yourself or get help to make a great character.

Wips are unpredictable and often time take years before they are completed.
Back to top Go down
Playing Enemy

Playing Enemy

PostSubject: Re: When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you....   When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... EmptyDecember 30th 2015, 5:20 am

Just because someone else may be doing the same character as you, who the heck cares? The whole point of mugen, or at least a major part of it is to be able to create your own version of something. If someone didn't believe that, then they should have no more than one Ryu and Kyo in their mugen roster at once, since they only support having one style of a character. Why do you think having character variations was such an awesome feature of MKX? Two people can both pick Scorpion, and it would seem like they didn't when you watch them fight each other. If you were to stop making a character just because someone else is making them too, it would only be because you would be scared of having your work or yourself be viewed as inferior in some way. Mugen is for fun and should stay that way. It may be for competitive fighting games, but Mugen itself isn't intended to be a competition. Just keep making whatever it is you're making, do your best, ask for support if you need it, and watch the magic happen. It would only be bad if two people were making the same character, at the same time, with the same bases, doing the same moves, same gameplay to the letter, and so on. Then yes, that would suck, and be pointless, and would inevitably have the 2 projects compared to one another due to the sheer similarity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you....   When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you.... Empty

Back to top Go down

When you find your MUGEN WIP and someone else's MUGEN WIP crossing the same path, what will you....
Page 1 of 1