The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release

Go down 
+25
DeleFresh
Hypersonic
MakeMineMarvel
patz2509
teknoid
walruslui
RobiWanKen0bi
Fede X
Mazemerald
sleta
vor76
Dynatron
Ven@m
rc72076
Predator
skhsato123
kiracapricorn
carpa5
animaraz
Werewood
kokehackz
Doom
malevka1
btony89
Arkady
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Arkady

Arkady

Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 4:16 pm

Nice review there, thanks for taking the time to point out what will need fixing
regarding hitboxes though, i notice you mention them a lot in your reviews in around the site
but they don't have to be a certain way, as long as they cover the character, not all characters are created equal, calling it flawed, means you probably are just voicing preference
regarding giantmans lack of hit box, i think i actually forgot to add them in, as i did tinker with anims there
and winpose screen is actually suited for avx screenpack (again my fault for not putting it into default pos)

discs were made to suspend the opponent (like a shock or freeze) so you can get close to them
Back to top Go down
Dynatron

Dynatron

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 5:00 pm

Arkady wrote:
Nice review there, thanks for taking the time to point out what will need fixing

I'm glad you liked it. c:

Arkady wrote:

regarding hitboxes though, i notice you mention them a lot in your reviews in around the site
but they don't have to be a certain way, as long as they cover the character, not all characters are created equal, calling it flawed, means you probably are just voicing preference

The thing about multiple hitboxes is that it takes much longer to do than keeping the hitboxes simple, plus you could use two where someone else uses forty and you'd still get the same effect. While it's nowhere near game breaking, adding in multiple hitboxes is ultimately unnecessary, inefficient and simply wastes the coder's time. Think of it as washing your clothes the old fashioned way vs doing it with a washing machine. With both methods you get the same results, but you'd rather use the washing machine because it does everything the old fashioned way does and takes a lot less time and energy. Plus, multiple hitboxes can slow down older, weaker computers.

Arkady wrote:

regarding giantmans lack of hit box, i think i actually forgot to add them in, as i did tinker with anims there
and winpose screen is actually suited for avx screenpack (again my fault for not putting it into default pos)

Oh really? Well, I feel that the Giantman moves should have some Startup Invulnerability since they were pretty difficult to use in the original. If you go with this plan, be sure to add in a nothitby.

Arkady wrote:

discs were made to suspend the opponent (like a shock or freeze) so you can get close to them

It seems to go on for too long though, and if you're already close, you should at least have some options to combo into it. Maybe you could add some sort of stomp move that only works when the opponent is shrunk or make the crouching kicks hit?
Back to top Go down
sleta

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 5:45 pm

hope it will be a giant man version!^^
Back to top Go down
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 6:02 pm

sleta wrote:
hope it will be a giant man version!^^

on his own?? bit boring I would think, I seem to remember someone had a yellowjacket character that was a apocalypse edit
maybe that will be what your looking for

@christian
that was the plan, get more feedback and more fixes for another release one day down the line

regarding hit boxes again ( I know your theory behind the washing machine) but if the template is ready made and already has hitboxes and such in place , then simply not even creating a clns at all, is the far more easier washing method by far, and really how poor do you need to be to not have an upgraded computer nowadays, I don't agree that more hit boxes are flawed, I know creators that completely fill every nock and crany of a sprite, hundreds of clns for one animation, I like to do 3-4 generally will be the max
if I only need 1-2 then I will, but if i'm making a character like this antman was, and I've used a template with the same exact basic attacks, then hitboxes are already made, and i've already cut my time in half
I suggest in future not to bother giving feedback regarding hitboxes not been made correctly, coz your example was based on preference, feedback on wrong or missing clns yes, but not quantity
(sorry that's just my take on that hitbox issue)

another thing mugeneers might have noticed in my creations is about combos inabilities as in I cannot link this to that, and such
firstly I don't make the characters to do combos, or have spectacular AI, I make them to exist, they punch kick, block walk, jump, they perform tricks and blow you up with hypers, they exist, people are free to create patches to improve combos and AI, palletes you name it mugen is set up for custom-ablility  
infinites is another thing too, if you want to be play cheap, then fight cheap, AI tends to randomise moves
and I always suggest using mugen 1.0, winmugen is outdated  and using new characters for it can cause issues, and its main one is usually AI so please if there is linking issues with MP and HK and I can't get my super jump to link with this hyper or whatever, that's not really something I can tweak to fix, I simply create the moves and existence, if a move isn't performing properly yes then i'm that, but if combos are not doing this or that ?????????
Back to top Go down
Mazemerald

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 6:39 pm

Really great!

it´s a true luck has you arkady in mugen,your enthusiasm keeps the marvel heroes live.
Back to top Go down
Fede X

Fede X

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 7:08 pm

thanks for this character so incredible
Back to top Go down
sleta

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 7:12 pm

noo not a giant man version apocalypse xD but kinda the version of Ant man when he turn giant like that i mean ^^
Back to top Go down
RobiWanKen0bi

RobiWanKen0bi

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 7:38 pm

You really dedicated a lot of your time in the character details. Well done! cheers
Back to top Go down
walruslui

walruslui

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 7:54 pm

Cool release, nice ideas.

@CWC on the bright side you can count on me to fix those iffy hitboxes and iron him out thoroughly Razz
Back to top Go down
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 8:21 pm

walruslui wrote:
Cool release, nice ideas.

@CWC on the bright side you can count on me to fix those iffy hitboxes and iron him out thoroughly Razz

patch away my friend patch away
Back to top Go down
teknoid

teknoid

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 9:04 pm

Awesome!

Thanks, Arkady. Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 670481599
Back to top Go down
patz2509

patz2509

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2015, 10:07 pm

Hello Ark !! You made me remember the time when several artists and exelents spriters wanted to do this character and for many complications like... make Antman or make another version as Giant man , because it was very difficult to do, or both at the same time; and it seemed an impossible mission ... but you did it, affraid (I know that this is one of your most beloved babies), bounce you do both on the same character merging both ideas were in great , sorry to say this now, but it seems no much notice of this, Ark Congratulations , by also thank you for keep your word when you said that there would be updates since the first version had been just a beta and many more things to come, this update remain well

Thank you very much friend bub bub and I just wanted to ask you something or perhaps make the obsevacion ( did not want to offend you or anything like that) but has thought about changing some hits or animations to basics to differentiate more the base ?
Back to top Go down
MakeMineMarvel

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 7:46 am

g8 job
Back to top Go down
Hypersonic

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 6:01 pm

I was really hoping you would have replaced my horrible Ant Man voice lol
Back to top Go down
DeleFresh

DeleFresh

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 6:46 pm

Thanks Arkady, he is much improved.  

There's a lot to like about him - some interesting ideas with his shrinking.  His new super moves are well done as well as his new Sneak mode.  Keeps him different that the Atom.  

Just wondering though if (whoever is going to tackle updates) might consider some marker on the character when he is shrunk so you know where he is?  I know he appears when he attacks briefly but you can really lose him when in Sneak mode.

Also agree he should have some kind of auto-guard when in giant mode start up.  I do think it should be slow to start but he should have some kind of advantage in that state.

Also wondering if there is a preference that the Jumping Strong Punch and Kick knockdown?  I've seen that in a few characters and I never got the point of it as the ability to do combos from a jump attack is lost. I'm sure I'm missing something on that though.

Otherwise he is very cool, and looking forward to updates.  Excellent showcase of an event so far!

Thanks for the fun!

Edit: Also wondering if this Sneak mode attack could be switched from 00 punch/kick to 04 punch/kick. Its just a little to tough to attack in the air/ground when backing away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release    Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ant-Man by Arkady Re-Release
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next