The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal Emptyby O Ilusionista Today at 10:19 am

» Rogue By Acey Palette issue
Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal Emptyby LightingRed99 Today at 5:46 am

» Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage Stages by Arachno-Man
Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal Emptyby Charmugen Today at 3:34 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Word Association Game <--
Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:01 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal   Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal EmptyJanuary 26th 2015, 1:33 pm

making a proposal that i would like some feedback on.

would like to implement a thing where anyone new that joins up, does not start with 50 points but instead will start off with whatever is the lowest total at the time.

this would also work in conjunction with big bets. lets say someone has 300 points and they bet all 300 and then lose. instead of going back to zero, they'll start up at the same place any new members would.

something like this will maybe help bring in more new people at any time, as well as maybe give more of a parachute towards people thinking of giving up if they lost big.

i'd like to implement this, but would like to hear thoughts first.
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal   Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal EmptyJanuary 26th 2015, 2:35 pm

In case some new MMV members and some old MMV members are not aware of the MFL, can it be like, using some sort of forum admin function, to send an invitation PM to those who have not yet joined MFL?

>> does not start with 50 points but instead will start off with whatever is the lowest total at the time
I think it shall be fair for new joined MFL gambler to have a constant amount of bet units.  Of course all existing MFL gamblers' totals can be accumulated.  This way the new joiners might develop some drive/urge to try to catch up with the others.

>> instead of going back to zero, they'll start up at the same place any new members would.
How about some kind of "bet units borrowing policy"?  Like, if all my bet units were wasted, I could contact the "banker" to lend some bet units to me.  If I won the next match then I would have to pay like 50% of my earned bet units to the "banker".  I think this way might add some more real-life element to MFL.......?  I don't know but shall it be also good for MFL gamblers to be able to borrow bet units with each other......?

>> something like this will maybe help bring in more new people at any time,
Oh I think of some kind of expansion here:
- since MUGEN Watch Mode also has the Simul and Turns, in additional to just the Single, it might provide many betting combinations.  Perhaps for each combination there can be different betting rule.
- how about team-up betting?  Like, You and I can team up and bet on a match and we can share the profits and losses.  This way it might be able to strengthen some member-to-member bonding.  Oh some cool MFL betting team names can be considered too!
- what about a final match MUGEN character winner betting?  Like, we can even actually bet which MUGEN character is the champion too!  But it must be done before all MUGEN matches take place......
- and what if even a MFL gambler can bet on something more than MUGEN characters?  Like, the "hey it is my lucky MUGEN lifebars/stage that gui0007 was using!".......?
- I guess gamblers want to prove their insight is right.........and of course some kind of rewards......beside the virtual bet units/points, what do you think some real deal for rewards?  Like, a special forum avatar?

Just a bunch of input that pops up in my head.  If any doesn't make sense to you and goes against your plan, then please feel free to ignore that. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal   Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal EmptyJanuary 26th 2015, 11:23 pm

- there will be other match types in the future. when league fights commence, it will be based upon 1v1, 2v2, and 4 fighter turn based
- while all your ideas are great, they may be a little over complicated
- what i'm proposing will make it so onlookers who are not involved will not feel too overwhelmed to try and get involved. they might think, "if i start at 50 points, and the leader already has 500, why bother"
- the proposal also allows for anyone who may make a huge bet and then lose be able to come back from it easier as opposed to just quitting
Back to top Go down
SIRALEXBABY

SIRALEXBABY

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal   Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 12:52 am

WHAT'S UP volzzilla...HOPE ALL IS GOOD...I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW MANY POINTS I GOT AND WHO IS THE TOP DOG UP ON HERE????????THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal   Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 4:19 am

@volzzilla:
>> they might think, "if i start at 50 points, and the leader already has 500, why bother"
Oh your logic was/is right.............
So, it sounds like a unlimited betting system......no one needs to worry about how much they lose as they are able to "restart" with some certain percentage of the bet totals of all?

@SIRALEXBABY:
>> HOW MANY POINTS I GOT AND WHO IS THE TOP DOG UP ON HERE???
volzzilla has made and constantly updated the MFL leaderboard here:
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t4934-mugen-fantasy-league-betting-leaderboard
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
gui0007

gui0007

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal   Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal EmptyJanuary 27th 2015, 12:27 pm

volzzilla wrote:
something like this will maybe help bring in more new people at any time, as well as maybe give more of a parachute towards people thinking of giving up if they lost big.

Indeed Vol, and your idea sounds really good. Smile

Also i made the video about the MFL draft and betting leaderboard so far.
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t4971-general-topic-for-mugen-fantasy-league-draft-order-tournament
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGUTAA/
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal   Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal EmptyJanuary 29th 2015, 6:20 pm

Sounds good to me Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal 670481599
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal   Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal EmptyJanuary 29th 2015, 11:19 pm

proposal has passed, will adjust things from now on to where all new people that sign up will begin at the level of the lowest point total.

also, anyone who zeroes out their balance, they too will begin at whoever has the lowest total (or in their case, next lowest)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal   Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal Empty

Back to top Go down

Feedback needed on a Mugen Fantasy League Proposal
Page 1 of 1