The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
SNES Project W.I.P Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
SNES Project W.I.P Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
SNES Project W.I.P Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

» Rogue By Acey Palette issue
SNES Project W.I.P Emptyby LightingRed99 Yesterday at 5:46 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

SNES Project W.I.P

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JaySamra

JaySamra

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 8:57 am

Alright, so here's the thing.

I'm making six characters that were made for games in the super nintendo.
*Note* I'm picking characters from beat em up or fighting games. Spawn will be an exception.
*Note* Arcade ports do not count as those are original arcade games and not original SNES games.

So the characters are Guy, Batman (Task Force), Haggar (FF3), Kenshiro, Spawn, Gambit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This just might go well.
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 3rd 2014, 12:46 am

Sounds interesting. SNES was my favorite console during the whole Sega Genesis war. You have a lot of stuff to work with. Good choice!
Back to top Go down
JaySamra

JaySamra

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 3rd 2014, 7:43 am

The only problem I see is that Gambits sprites are limited, meaning that there isn't that much to work with. So, he's going to be the hard part.

For Guy , I was able to do the stance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Along with a few more of the basics.
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 3rd 2014, 3:23 pm

Well you know you can frankensprite 1 sprite into approximately 3 new sprites with a little imagination. I'm sure you'll be able to do something with what you have. When I need more sprites/frames, I make small edits of the sprites I all ready have and when I need new sprites, I just combine the top half of one and the bottom half of another and then you have an entirely new attack or position of an attack.

You can triple whatever sprites you have or at least double! Good luck in this.

BTW Your Guy stance looks good. I assume you will be using the snes sounds?

If I can give you a little advice on that, be sure to add extra sounds for anything, such as walking step sounds, a jumping take off sound, just anything extra and it will be a big difference between a basic character and a detailed character.

Back to top Go down
JaySamra

JaySamra

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 3rd 2014, 3:58 pm

Sounds are something that I can't find. I Tried the sounds resource, but it didn't have the sounds I needed.

Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 3rd 2014, 4:01 pm

I see a old char of Batman(Task Force), this same????????????
Back to top Go down
JaySamra

JaySamra

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 3rd 2014, 4:08 pm

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 3rd 2014, 4:39 pm

I am thinking find other mugen snes characters and borrow their sound rips and make a collection. There is bound to be a lot of Japanese conversions of old snes characters out there. Just dump their sound files and see what works and fits your character. Even simple punching sounds will enrich your wips.
Back to top Go down
JaySamra

JaySamra

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 4th 2014, 10:08 am

Sounds? Check!
Sprites? Check!
Crouch attacks? Not Check!

Problem: When I go for the crouch light punch attack, he just does his standing punch.
Solution: I don't know.
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 4th 2014, 12:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6cvu38mtp9p4kjd/BRUCE_.7z

JaySamra wrote:
What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
JaySamra

JaySamra

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 4th 2014, 12:18 pm

Ohhhh, I see. The one you showed me used sprites for the Sega Genesis version of Task Force. Mine is using the Super Nintendo version.
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 5th 2014, 10:45 am

lol! lol! lol! ok much better!!
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyNovember 5th 2014, 11:15 am

From my experience, non-fighting game character sprites mostly lack of crouching and guarding/blocking and most "MUGEN required crouching and get-thrown sprites".  In this case sometimes I use Franken-spriting way to make some absent crouching sprites.  For some absent get-thrown sprites, sometimes I use some tools like RotSprite to make some "Head pointed down, body vertical" or "Thrown, body tiled forward" sprites.

Franken-spriting:
http://scrollboss.illmosis.net/tutorial_frankenspriting.php

RotSprite:
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t968-rotating-and-scaling-sprites-the-easy-way

For SNES sounds, first, please check whether the source games have built-in sound test (some must be accessed by cheat codes, go to GameFAQs for more).

Sometimes I use some SPC players to get sounds from some SNES games.
This web site offers many SNES SPC sound files as well as the SPC players:
http://www.zophar.net/music/spc.html
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/music.html
Most are just music, sometimes if you are lucky then you might be able to find some sound effects near the end of the music.
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
JaySamra

JaySamra

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyApril 1st 2015, 2:08 pm

I'm back with an update, and I've added something not many MUGEN chars have...Auto Combos!
Back to top Go down
JaySamra

JaySamra

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: SOUNDS!!!   SNES Project W.I.P EmptyApril 12th 2015, 3:34 pm

I couldn't find any sounds for Guy, Kenshiro, or anyone else from any site, or the links provided. Luckily, I found another way to get sounds. I disabled Snes9x's sound channels except for Channel 1, which was the sound effects. I was able to record the sounds with Bandicam and put it in the characters. Problem Solved SNES Project W.I.P 670481599
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SNES Project W.I.P Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Project W.I.P   SNES Project W.I.P Empty

Back to top Go down

SNES Project W.I.P
Page 1 of 1