The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Mr Sinister 1.0 update
Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme Emptyby JARRO77 Today at 12:27 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme Emptyby CARNAGE777 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» DemoGoblin for Easter Egg event 2024
Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 6:13 pm

» Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic
Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme Emptyby LasombraDemon May 26th 2024, 6:40 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arkady

Arkady

Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme Empty
PostSubject: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 16th 2014, 7:52 pm

I'd have to say as a comicbook nerd, and major Marvel fan, I am astounded by the quality and talent super hero genre has been getting in the past ten years
the stories are getting better, and the action is too, they've all become an adventure
rather than a hero vs villain movie

great casts of
Robert downey jr as Ironman
Samuel L Jackson as Nick fury
Christian Bale as Batman
Anthony Hopkins as Odin
Halle Berry as Storm
Liam Neeson as Ras Al Ghul
Edward Norton as Bruce Banner
Ian Mckellen as Magneto
Heath Ledger as The Joker
Robert Redford as Alexander Peirce
Patrick Stuart as Professor X
Gweneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
even Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw
and of course Hugh JACKman as Logan

some of the more famous "A-listers" to act in superhero films this past decade

I wanted to open a topic where we can list our favourite actors and their "up and coming roles yet to be"

A-listers YOU think would play as "DOCTOR STRANGE" or "the BLACK PANTHER" or "LOBO"
whoever, name a character, name the actor suited for it

I'll start, with this weeks mAJOR CRAZE on the internet forums,
who will play the good Doctor Stephen Strange?

currently there is 7 actors that marvel have been looking into
and I'll be picking Matthew McConaughey - Reason A-lister, Marvel need one to sell a character that's important as stephen strange, he is up there with the likes of Nick Fury, in the importance stakes, but here's the kicker, he Is the lead in his own movie, Fury has yet to do that
Plus even if you aren't a comicbook reader/nerd or know who doctor strange is, let alone what Dallas Buyers Club or MUD, or this is the best one TRUE DETECTIVE is you'll go out of your way to watch it, coz matthew McConaughey is drawing you in
(not sure if he'll want the part, but if your looking for a stable income for the next 5 years, and are pretty sick of doing artsy flicks that might win you a few accolades, with fk all pay, you might wanna jump aboard the MCU Train to Avengertown, I have to think that Jacquin Phoenix isn't as appealing to audiences as much as the rest of the 7 actors that are rumoured, but i'm also going with matthew coz he is a great actor, and has done a variety of roles, one of my favorites is  Van ZANT n Regin of Fire
tough son-of-a b!tch, and kick ass dragon slayer, that's the closest he has done to a fantasy role
he's done stripper, detective, vagrant, lawyers, adventurer, gambler with Aids, plenty of RomComs,  Dragon slayer, and now I'm hoping he'll sign up as a Sorceror

Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme AP9tmjP

Last edited by Arkady on October 18th 2014, 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 17th 2014, 8:25 am

i don't know if mcconaughy would do a role like that. i do know he'd be crazy expensive however, which is now part of the trouble with robert downey jr.

jake gyllenhal has been mentioned before. so has ewan mcgregor.
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 17th 2014, 5:34 pm

Also Oscar Isaac, Jared Leto, Ethan Hawke, and just a few days ago Ryan Gosling, had been also linked to the casting too

Ok well anyone have any other characters
Currently Marvel have a Netflix series for the Defenders
Daredevil already has been casted, but not the other three

Luke Cage?
Iron Fist?
Jessica Jones?
Which actors would best play them, that you know of
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 7:55 am

ethan hawke would be pretty good for dr. strange.

i know zero about casting for those 4 other than the old spice guy really wanted to be luke cage awhile back, lol
Back to top Go down
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 9:54 pm

Old spice guy, volz dude that's terry crews, he is majorily famous, have you watched expendables? Idocracy? (president comacho) Brooklyn 99, and he is cheeseburger!
first season of the newsroom, he can't just be the"old spice guy" hahaha

yeah I agree with Ethan Hawke, I can totally see him as the arrogant surgeon side of doctor strange as well as phoenix, and cumberbatch, but not as the superhero sorcerer supreme, I wouldn't believe they'd have their whole heart put into that role, when the line "hoary hoasts of hoggath" screams out from them

any thoughts on iron fist, is there a martial artist or actor that would be considered worthy of playing Danny?
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 19th 2014, 9:58 am

different old spice guy.

Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme Old-spice-guy_1864339c

to look up the image found his name, isaiah mustafa. when he was doing the commercials, he became a bit of a thing. bunch of different commercials, they became meme's, etc. that led to a few acting roles and an interview where he said he wanted to be luke cage. for some reason i remembered all that.

i had forgotten terry crews said that too. and ironically, he did old spice commercials too, lol

ryan gosling the only guy i can think of for iron fist.
Back to top Go down
Angelus_Silverhead

Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 20th 2014, 1:39 pm

Hmmm... so who can be Doctor Strange, as for me... Richard Madden can be great Dorctor Strange. I know, maybe he is a little bit younger than Dr. (however it is very hard to see in comics) but I think that he can be a great Sorceror Supreme. Of course, there are can be a problem, because I'm not sure if he can act very good, but I hope so.
Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme 138708
Back to top Go down
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 21st 2014, 9:04 am

I like Richard madden aka rob stark. Any relation to Tony stark?
great pick, I think he has the acting chops to be doctor strange
Back to top Go down
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 21st 2014, 3:36 pm

There's an interesting rumour of wakanda in age of ultron next year, plus rumours of black panther, being involved in a minor role (most probably introductory) in captain America 3 where the civil war plotline will be featuring Robert Downey Jr as the antagonist, chasing down Captain America
for his and other superheros signature to the registration act

I have looked at a few sites and heard rumors back and forth
and seen what the rumoured casting list for who could be acting as the elusive black panther,
names linked to the role
Chadwick Boseman, Omar Sy, John Boyega, Idris Elba, Edi Gataegi, Gbenga Akinnagbe
Taye Diggs, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbije, Aldis Hodge, and more recently Micheal Kenneth Williams, and Chitwetel Ejiofoyr
all these actors rumored to want the role, or more importantly are willing to see the movie happen,
any thoughts on who you think can portray the king of wakanda, the black panther?

or better yet who would you like to see play his father T'Chaka?
(my minds set up on Djimon Hansou, or Eamonn Walker)
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 22nd 2014, 9:37 am

richard madden would make an excellent dr. strange. nice call angelus Smile

the cap america 3 stuff sounds great. off topic, i'm kinda bitter chris evans and robert downey jr will soon be giving up their roles though Sad

for black panther, not taye diggs plz. don't care for his acting. and would they have a previously used marvel actor play the role?
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 28th 2014, 10:42 pm

benedict cumberbunch is dr. strange. and chadwick bozeman is black panther
Back to top Go down
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 29th 2014, 6:22 am

Still rumored regarding benedict cumberbatch, till the deal is finalized, but I'm sure your right

who do you think is a good casting choice for captain Marvel? (carol danvers)
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme EmptyOctober 29th 2014, 5:00 pm

oh i thought i saw that cumberbatch was a done deal.

for carol, can't remember how to spell her name, but katee sackoff? starbuck from battlestar galactica.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme   Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme Empty

Back to top Go down

Casting Talk - Sorcerer Supreme
Page 1 of 1