The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
Etrigan The Demon by Wucash Emptyby Tiger-Boy Today at 1:51 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Etrigan The Demon by Wucash Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Etrigan The Demon by Wucash Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Etrigan The Demon by Wucash Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Etrigan The Demon by Wucash

Go down 
+2
YoungSamurai5
Ax
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ax

Ax

Etrigan The Demon by Wucash Empty
PostSubject: Etrigan The Demon by Wucash   Etrigan The Demon by Wucash EmptySeptember 27th 2012, 8:38 pm

Etrigan The Demon

Etrigan The Demon by Wucash 8QGW4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etrigan_the_Demon

Etrigan The Demon for mugen is created by Wucash and is available on ScruffyDragon.com as a downloadable character.

http://www.scruffydragon.com/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5

CHARACTER REVIEW

Positive Points

The sprites are of excellent quality, he has an abundance of attacks, specials, and hypers. Etrigan uses magic based attacks. His most notable attacks are a fire ball shot from his mouth, a fire dash attack, and he has the ability to warp through a teleportation move to surprise your opponents. The most amazing of his special attacks is an aerial fireball throw, he throws 1 after another in a 2 hit animation, throwing 1 fireball from each of his hands. His grapple attack are good standard attacks, 1 is a multiple kick strike and the other is a beast like throw attack which suits him very well.

His voice-work is very original and suits the character well. Etrigan can transform into a giant monster with excellent attacks as well. He mostly attacks with claw swipes and has some unique slash effects. Etrigan also has one of the best outros, Etrigan will gloat over a K.O.'d opponent on the ground and pin him down with his foot over the opponent's body while making a sarcastic/rhetorical question.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Negative Points

There are some issues with Etrigan, his mouth fireball has outstanding speed and robs a bit of the attacks beauty. he also lacks some basic sound movements that could have been stretched with some additional detail for that final touch, one example is his falling on the ground sound, it is unchanged from kfm's sound archieve. He has some grappling attack issues, the fight can stall with the opponent in mid air during a k.o. grapple situation. A lot fo the moves he has are mostly all firebased, so some of the moves become redundant and tiresome. Etrigan does a firedash attack that seems out of place in that his body sticks outside of the flames coverage so it tends to look awkward.

One of his hypers fires a ground projectile fire skull, it doesn't fit too well with the art style and its transparency really doesn't make it any better. He will at some point suffer from a serious bug where neither player or opponent can use any attacks, they will only have the ability to move around each other. Lastly the amalgam hyper attack is generally a bad maneuver, it has a nice idea and the start of it is a great spectacle to watch but it does not seem to mesh well at all with the rest of the fight.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Judgement & Final Thoughts"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Etrigan is a fine character to keep working on, but he is still not ready. There is great potential in this sprite work and a few move ideas. There is some creative things about him and there are some things that hold it back. A change of pace is needed in the special attacks department, Etrigan needs to expand his moves outside of fire based attacks. I would recommend this character as a roster fill in and as the best one out there for now but I wouldn't have him in my daily game play Mugen.

SCREENSHOTS

Etrigan The Demon by Wucash XZsae[/center]

Last edited by Ax on October 21st 2012, 11:21 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
YoungSamurai5

YoungSamurai5

PostSubject: Re: Etrigan The Demon by Wucash   Etrigan The Demon by Wucash EmptySeptember 27th 2012, 9:37 pm

wow a character review very nice touch
Back to top Go down
riklaionel

riklaionel

PostSubject: Re: Etrigan The Demon by Wucash   Etrigan The Demon by Wucash EmptySeptember 28th 2012, 12:14 am

i like the way this is going, awesome review Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dev

PostSubject: Re: Etrigan The Demon by Wucash   Etrigan The Demon by Wucash EmptySeptember 28th 2012, 4:20 am

this is one of the best well-made chars ever.
Back to top Go down
Blagoy

Blagoy

PostSubject: Re: Etrigan The Demon by Wucash   Etrigan The Demon by Wucash EmptyOctober 13th 2012, 5:06 pm

This is my fav dc character after all Batmans Very Happy
I give him 9 some bugs need to bi fix
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Etrigan The Demon by Wucash   Etrigan The Demon by Wucash EmptyOctober 18th 2012, 7:54 pm

As I reviewed the first character in this new section I put together 10 categories that will allow for a review rating.

I made it very lenient towards creators to easily get a high score. Almost any character can get a 10 - perfect.

1.attempt - every character gets a standard grade for even trying to make a new character or an edit that makes it unique/adds something.

2.sprites - The sprites have to at least have enough colors like capcom vs and not look faded. Also the body can't be distorted or have mismatching bases that don't work.

3.creative - Was anything done different than a typical fighter? Like are there moves that aren't all projectiles, but that really surprise and attack unexpectedly.

4.enjoyable - A general question, did you enjoy playing it? Nothing else is factored in this, even if it's buggy or incomplete, did you have fun in the experience at all?

5.controls - This one is very easy to pass, if you don't have any problems doing an attack/special/hyper/ or basic movement, then you pass.

6.sounds - Quality isn't the issue, although it should be, what's determined here is if it has a voice,movement sounds,special fxs, that are different from KFM's library. Just the bare minimum is required.

7.complete - It needs to have the minimum Vs series moves. Required movements and attacks, 3 or more specials, 3 or more hypers. That's all.

8.A.I. - If it has the ability to use most of its specials and hypers, then it gets the point.

9.Bugs - Any bug that affects gameplay, such as a clone popping out, animation gets stuck in a loop, players/cpu disabled attacks, mugen crashes, mugen won't start, attack does not damage, etc.

10.preference - personal opinions about the character. Does it have a place in your mugen after it was reviewed? Was there something else that made it feel out of place, like a minor choice of voice acting that didn't fit the character's personality, or maybe an animation that really bugged you and had no place in the character? Just the small things that made you not want the character, despite how good it was, something ruined it for you.

Actually I am not sure how he ended up with 5???

Maybe I should change that score, he actually does work pretty well.

Yeah ok, he deserves a 9

thanks for the concern, something must have gotten mixed up before? Mad
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Etrigan The Demon by Wucash   Etrigan The Demon by Wucash EmptyOctober 19th 2012, 2:00 pm

Well then the strict rating would be a 5/10 if we're going to look at the small stuff.

It's debatable weather his moves are actually creative, a lot of his hypers are basically the same fire attack but from a different angle. Like 6 of his moves are fire breathing attacks. They probably didn't need to be included since he all ready has so many hypers in addition.

I reconsidered that though after factoring in his hypers that performed non fire breathing attacks, which easily got overlooked considering there were just so many fire breaths.

The rest was reexamined after determining that the character is fun to play if we perform less of the same fire breathing attacks, and more of the physical moves instead.

Of course the preference was an issue as well in that there was just simply too much added on. Though I reconsidered that from a new perspective in that I could avoid doing the stuff that wasn't necessary, though I can't speak for the A.I. that uses every attack one after another.

At some point Etrigan and his opponent "Etrigan" just used 1 hyper after another and wouldn't stop. He didn't even fight using his basic attacks, which was a shame since he has some great slash attacks. The skill of having a fight is taken out when a hyper dominates your fights and refills instantly to be used again.

And the judgment on the sounds was a mistake on my part. I didn't realize that some creations are built to work on a screen pack's sound system so Etrigan wasn't really missing anything since he works on the scruffydragon game.

And then the bugs which we agree on.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Etrigan The Demon by Wucash   Etrigan The Demon by Wucash Empty

Back to top Go down

Etrigan The Demon by Wucash
Page 1 of 1