The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Classic VS : Athena
Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI Emptyby ELECTRO Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI Emptyby marvel Yesterday at 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

» I never shared adult content, please remove this topic
Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI Emptyby pseudoingles May 14th 2024, 4:26 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI

Go down 
AuthorMessage
News And MediaBOT

Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI Empty
PostSubject: Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI   Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI EmptyJuly 26th 2023, 10:40 pm

Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI Jon-snow-from-game-of-thrones-and-george-r-r-martin

From: https://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-grrm-final-books-fan-ai-completion/

As the wait for the next Game of Thrones book continues, one fan has finished the books with the help of AI. The book series that inspired Game of Thrones, George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, has enjoyed five mainline entries, yet two remain to be released before it can be completed. The most recent book in the mainline saga is A Dance With Dragons, which was released in 2011. The upcoming The Winds of Winter, on the other hand, remains in progress for 12 years and counting.

IGN reports that Liam Swayne of GitHub has used Artificial Intelligence to conclude the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The write-up includes The Winds of Winter and the seventh and final book, A Dream of Spring. Swayne used ChatGPT to outline the two books, then compelled the AI to finish each chapter, using Martin's writing style. ChatGPT neglected to kill off any major characters, which is what Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire are known for, but it does otherwise manage an otherwise faithful conclusion for the series. Despite using AI, Swayne responded to the usage and critiques about the technology. Read what he had to say below:

Quote :
Large language models can be very scary, but this project makes me more optimistic about the future of writers and AI. This project demonstrates that large language models like ChatGPT can take hundreds of pages of text into account when making a narrative decision, which could help writers quickly fix plot holes. It also shows that AI can only do what has been done many times before. This project has given me confidence that AI won't be replacing unique literary works any time soon. I believe the AI had trouble writing character deaths specifically because most writers (and consequently, most of the training data) are hesitant to kill off major characters. This is part of what separates George R. R. Martin from other writers: his stories make unconventional, surprising decisions. At this point, AI can only do what is most commonly done, which means it struggles to create stories that aren't by the books. To my surprise, I'm more confident than before starting this project that writers making creative and unexpected decisions are not replaceable.

While it remains unclear how the book series will conclude, the ending of Game of Thrones show was controversial. Season 8 sped through the Night King's attack on Winterfell, Daenerys' fall from grace, and King Bran's official coronation at a breathtaking pace. The HBO show's quick-paced conclusion could be a sharp contrast to A Song of Ice and Fire, given that the ending has been highly anticipated since A Game of Thrones was released in 1996, over a quarter of a century ago.

Martin has been reticent to provide many updates about the development of The Winds of Winter, although he mentioned in a recent blog that it is being worked on. Word of A Dream of Spring has been even more fleeting, and several chapters of The Winds of Winter were already completed at the time of A Dance With Dragons' release. In the meantime, Martin published several books within the universe, including Fire and Blood, which has become the model for HBO's House of the Dragon.

The Winds of Winter is expected to be Martin's longest Game of Thrones book yet, but that doesn't make it any less painful for audiences. After so many years of waiting for word of an official release, it isn't surprising that some have turned to AI for a conclusion. The ethics of using AI to finish a series remains murky, but Swayne insists that ChatGPT isn't ready to properly conclude the books yet. There could likely be a race between George R. R. Martin, HBO, and AI to see who can create the better conclusion for the Game of Thrones books.

Download: https://github.com/LiamSwayne/AI-Song-Of-Ice-And-Fire
Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI
Page 1 of 1