The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Gartanham Multiverse Nerds mugem Videos showcase!!!
IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers Emptyby Shining Today at 2:34 am

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers Emptyby warecus Yesterday at 9:21 pm

» SEGA vs. Capcom Fighting Mega Stars Genesis (Full Game)
IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 12:56 am

» Classic VS : Athena
IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers Emptyby Shining May 10th 2024, 11:13 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers

Go down 
+3
xcheatdeath
LasombraDemon
volzzilla
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers Empty
PostSubject: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyMay 31st 2022, 8:19 am

LasombraDemon wrote:
volzzilla wrote:

couple dumb questions:
- is ikemen go different from ikemen?
- is it hard to convert mugen into ikemen?

----

i'm also moving to IKEMEN section.

Hey there!

IKEMEN Go is indeed a different version of IKEMEN. IKEMEN was programmed in S-Size, a language developed by Suehiro. Ikemen Go uses Golang. But more than that... IKEMEN Go is mostly plug and play. This is a more advanced engine version (currently at 0.98.2) that is very very compatible. 99% of the stuff I tried works out of the box. Yes, that includes screenpacks and lifebars, too.

It's exactly like a new mugen, with the added advantages of all the new features and way more stability.

You take your chars folder, your stages folder and your sounds folder, plug them in there, and they work. And you can also do this with addons.

this was such good info from @LasombraDemon i thought i'd turn it into its own topic.....

new dumb question, did 2 different people do all of this? it seems to me if ikemen go is better, it should be an update and take over all ikemen.

and thats pretty awesome about most mugen works on it. i've stuck to 1.0 all this time because i made a screenpack i like alot (and have been customizing it further, not released) that i wanted to keep using.

few more regular questions:
- if something doesnt plug in and work, is it hard to fix?
- so those zoom stages i've been avoiding all this time will plug in and zoom on my now converted 1.0 screenpack?
- ikemen go has multiplayer capabilities? asking because considered organizing something for all of MMV

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyMay 31st 2022, 10:26 am

Whoa! Big time honor to be able to help with the IKEMEN Go side of things.

Full disclosure, I've not used the original IKEMEN that much. And I've actually moved to IKEMEN Go from... WinMugen. Yeah, I never cared too much about changes introduced by 1.0 or 1.1b. Oldgamer can tell you more about the past of the engine, as he followed it more during 2018-2020 than I did.

AFAIK, the first IKEMEN versions were done in a language developed by Suehiro himself, SSZ. This is what other forks (like IKEMEN Plus) use today. But those versions of the engine aren't as focused on simplicity and retrocompatibility that much, in my opinion. Suehiro eventually moved to Golang. And then, Gacel and K4thos built on what others had done (Neat Unsou and about six devs more), and added easier retrocompatibility with MUGEN creations.

Since 2020 and 2021 the engine has seen a huge increase in retrocompatibility and popularity. When I noticed most stuff runs just fine (and I can say having seen and playtested other clone engines before), and that I finally had the feature I always wanted, I didn't hesitate any more.

Nowadays, it even supports almost all screenpacks and lifebars I plug into it (sans maybe those with mixed weird resolutions, from the WinMugen HR/HD hacks era). A couple years ago, it certainly didn't.

And to mention some new features:
-Online mode (which I don't really use lol).
-New triggers and SCTRLs that allow stuff like file writing. Also, multiple trigger redirection.
-New lifebar universal addition indicators for Guard Crush and Dizzy state.
-The RedirectID parameter alone deserves a whole mention here; it's a parameter that allows you to refer your SCTRL to *any* Player ID. No more hitting and having to put anyone in a customstate to manipulate them.
-The possibility of using a decent programming language for your creations. Yes, you can use functions and nested IFs, if you want.
-Maps, which are basically "named" variables. This enables us to write a lot of info... Into other peoples' characters, too, without breaking anything.
-Huge story mode possibilities with dialogue SCTRL and programmable LUA interactions. Yes you can easily make a dating Sim in the engine now.
-Formal support of tag mode (a full, proper support of this still requires some minor edition of each character, but doing it under this engine facilitates universality of changes).
-Ratio mode (a la CVS).
-Unlockables and other similar features.

Now, to answer your questions:
-Most nonworking MUGEN stuff in IKEMEN Go is usually easy-to-fix, if you know where to look. I haven't had to delete *anything* from my collection because of incompatibilities (and I'm a 20 year veteran of the scene who had his 30GB of MUGEN stuff... In 2008). Certain MKP stages use parameters that still kind of bother the engine, and some details are still being worked on the input parser which is much more precise (and thus, inaccurate) than MUGEN's. Actual bug replication is one of the most complex things to solve.
-Online multiplayer works fine enough for a whole group like UMT to have ran many online tournaments. It doesn't have rollback... Yet. But it's not out of the question.

And I haven't even touched the features in development. Like platforms for stages. Or the LUA modules like the ones my buddy Wreq is doing.

gartanham and MatreroG like this post

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJune 4th 2022, 1:22 pm

new question.

been considering figuring our mugen for android. will ikemen do the same transition?
Back to top Go down
xcheatdeath

xcheatdeath

PostSubject: temp   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJune 4th 2022, 1:40 pm

ikemen is built using GO language and is open source so it would probably be easier to port to android than mugen
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO3uZxjXndgEy9GfC2Jc2qQ
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJune 4th 2022, 2:17 pm

Maybe it can become a beats of rage alternative to or am I way off but a smash brothers might work later on I hope
Back to top Go down
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJune 9th 2022, 4:00 pm

Taybear wrote:
ikemen is built using GO language and is open source so it would probably be easier to port to android than mugen
Yes. This, a billion times.

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
Maybe it can become a beats of rage alternative to or am I way off but a smash brothers might work later on I hope
My Ring Out system is already pretty compatible with future ideas of Smash Bros styles. Also, OpenBoR is already a thing... And there's this:
WIP by CrystallizedSun

Also, I wanted to bring attention to the huge task being done by the devs here.

IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers 110
IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers 210
IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers 310

So when you hear people say the development is bad, or the engine is "not optimized" or whatever, know that the amount of work and love put into this is HUGE.

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
Katana Hero

Katana Hero

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJuly 26th 2022, 9:54 pm

how to change Continue Screen Music anyway?
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJuly 27th 2022, 10:04 am

Chuchoryu Evil wrote:
how to change Continue Screen Music anyway?

i am an admin on MMV. you are being asked to change your screen name. please tell me the new name.

Back to top Go down
Katana Hero

Katana Hero

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJuly 27th 2022, 3:14 pm

oh i was talking about music you know you lost a match in arcade mode the music starts
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJuly 27th 2022, 3:35 pm

The ADMINISTRATOR is requesting that you choose a new username. You can't use Chuchoryu Evil. You should say choose other, like Shiri, Josuke, Chinese ... Those are just examples... What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Katana Hero

Katana Hero

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJuly 27th 2022, 4:21 pm

how to change nickname?
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJuly 27th 2022, 4:49 pm

Chuchoryu Evil wrote:
how to change nickname?

https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/t268-want-your-name-changed
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Katana Hero

Katana Hero

PostSubject: change continue Screen Music    IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyJuly 27th 2022, 5:16 pm

Katana Hero wrote:
oh i was talking about music you know you lost a match in arcade mode the music starts
Ny new nickname is Katana Hero and here is my question How to change Continue screenn music anyway does everyone know?
Back to top Go down
animaraz

animaraz

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptySeptember 18th 2022, 2:17 pm

¿Que requerimientos pide la computadora para el Ikkemen Go? ¿Es un programa muy pesado a comparación de mugen 1.1?
Back to top Go down
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers EmptyNovember 29th 2022, 5:42 am

Katana Hero wrote:
Katana Hero wrote:
Ny new nickname is Katana Hero and here is my question How to change Continue screenn music anyway does everyone know?
Look for a line parameter in system.def:
";Music to play at continue screen.
continue.bgm = "

animaraz wrote:
¿Que requerimientos pide la computadora para el Ikkemen Go? ¿Es un programa muy pesado a comparación de mugen 1.1?
No, para nada. El tema es que todavía requiere OpenGL, es lo único que a veces es un problema.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers   IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers Empty

Back to top Go down

IKEMEN and IKEMEN GO questions and answers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next