The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 6:03 pm

» Perfect DarkPhoenix - Atrocious Difficulty
How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Emptyby Oguyaka. Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» King Shark Base Idea
How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Emptyby skhsato123 Yesterday at 4:52 pm

» MMV CHRISTMAS EVENT - ORION ( Jack Kirby's Version) from DC COMICS
How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Emptyby skhsato123 Yesterday at 1:32 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)

Go down 
+2
Shining
thatguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thatguy

thatguy

How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Empty
PostSubject: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 12th 2021, 6:06 pm

The Palette fix is about 4 main things

1. All character sprites have to share the same palette

2. You must have a sprite 0.0

3. SFF must be in this order (top is first, bottom is last)
9000.0 (Doesn't need to share character palette) [can either be here at the end of the character sprites]
9000.1 (Doesn't need to share character palette) [can either be here at the end of the character sprites]
all other character sprites (sharing the same palette)
any other sprites (can have any palette not shared with character sprites)

4. When saving SFF do not allow it to auto-organize the file (this can change where the sprites are placed, and cause the break of the palette)

By this you can see that the palette fix may be different for each broken character.

Commonly I am fixing number 1 above. I find that a lot of spriters will get half way through spriting the character, and change the palette they are using (same colors, just different placement on the palette).
This causes the "break" in the palettes as they only work to change colors when the colors are placed in the same spots on the palette)

That all being said Fighter Factory has some tools built in that make changing the palette within the SFF file easy, but has to be done for each character sprite that does not match the character palette.
This can be easy if there are only a few sprites not matching the palette, but then there ones that can be harder with 50% or more of the sprites that need to be fixed.

Here are a couple quick ways to fix this right within mugen.

Part 1 shows how to set the palette back to default for the sprite if they are already sharing the palette but simply a different palette using "Apply the current palette to the specified sprites"

Part 1

Part 2 shows how to set the palette back to default if the sprites are not sharing the same palette using "Advanced Palette Editor"

Part 2

As you can see by "Part 2" example the sprites are also not sharing the same transparency color either.
You can load a sprite in the right hand pane of the advanced palette editor and copy over the default transparency color before "adapting the image to match the color of sprites"

Part 3 shows how to add different colors to an existing palette using "Advanced Palette Editor"

You need to have saved a sprite from the SFF with the correct color in it to use to copy the color from in Advanced Palette Editor.

Part 3

As you can see you can quickly fix most common issues caused during creation all within Fighter Factory.

Fighter Factory 3 and Studio were used for the videos.

Last edited by thatguy on February 13th 2021, 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added sticky)

BigPimp, MatreroG and alnyrd like this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 13th 2021, 1:43 am

Thanks for help!
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 13th 2021, 4:29 am

thats a great tutorial, thanks man
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 13th 2021, 9:43 am

ok I did all that with Wonder Twins chars and ... nothing does not change the palettes, only the first one remains, the others do not change when combining the buttons ...
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 13th 2021, 10:14 am

yolomate wrote:
ok I did all that with Wonder Twins chars and ... nothing does not change the palettes, only the first one remains, the others do not change when combining the buttons ...

thatguy wrote:

You mean like this (never mind the crappy palette):

How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Mugen000
How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Mugen001

This took less than 5 seconds to fix following the instructions provided above.
I quoted myself with how I fixed it (above).

Issue:
It was only missing sprite number 0.0

Fix:
Make a copy of sprite 1.0
Rename the copy to sprite 0.0
Save the SFF
Character is fixed.

yolomate likes this post

Back to top Go down
DC VS MARVEL

DC VS MARVEL

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 13th 2021, 10:40 am

Nice if someone wanna learn.
But doesnt work to chars that sprites are with different pals each.I dont know how to explain better.(Forgive me)
I wanna say that some chars need to fix and add pals each sprites seperate.As i did at 2-3 chars for my roster.Because some have defferent base pal.
Other then this... it is big help for someone to learn.
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 13th 2021, 11:37 am

DC VS MARVEL wrote:
Nice if someone wanna learn.
But doesnt work to chars that sprites are with different pals each.I dont know how to explain better.(Forgive me)
I wanna say that some chars need to fix and add pals each sprites seperate.As i did at 2-3 chars for my roster.Because some have defferent base pal.
Other then this... it is big help for someone to learn.

That is in the tutorial... I also go one further to that (will add a 3rd video for it soon) and show how to add different colors to the palette if they are missing (example in my quote was because of a different transparency color).

thatguy wrote:

Part 2 shows how to set the palette back to default if the sprites are not sharing the same palette using "Advanced Palette Editor"

Part 2

As you can see by "Part 2" example the sprites are also not sharing the same transparency color either.
You can load a sprite in the right hand pane of the advanced palette editor and copy over the default transparency color before "adapting the image to match the color of sprites"

I have only found 1 or 2 characters in all the years that I have had to fully rip all the sprites out, and using gimp manually replace colors to get the palettes to match. I thought it was too few and far between to even mention here.
Back to top Go down
DC VS MARVEL

DC VS MARVEL

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 13th 2021, 12:14 pm

I agree with you...but i guess i did find also those 2 chars or other 2.But other then this 2 chars... 98% ur tutorial it what member need to fix pals
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 13th 2021, 12:31 pm

DC VS MARVEL wrote:
I agree with you...but i guess i did find also those 2 chars or other 2.But other then this 2 chars...  98% ur tutorial it what member need to fix pals

Part 3 video is up explaining the last part of the tutorial as well now (for those trickier characters). Cheers
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyFebruary 13th 2021, 12:37 pm

thatguy wrote:
yolomate wrote:

thatguy wrote:

You mean like this (never mind the crappy palette):

How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Mugen000
How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Mugen001

This took less than 5 seconds to fix following the instructions provided above.
I quoted myself with how I fixed it (above).

Issue:
It was only missing sprite number 0.0

Fix:
Make a copy of sprite 1.0
Rename the copy to sprite 0.0
Save the SFF
Character is fixed.
100000000000000000 thank you!!! I never see the detail sprite 0.0!!!!fixed and new pals now! How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) 670481599
Back to top Go down
brucewayne74

brucewayne74

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) EmptyOctober 26th 2023, 1:10 pm

It Is interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)   How to fix broken character SFF file (updated) Empty

Back to top Go down

How to fix broken character SFF file (updated)
Page 1 of 1