The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Little Mac Release Ippo Update
Help with Custom Mugen Game Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 6:09 pm

» Link Release
Help with Custom Mugen Game Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 5:59 pm

» Captain Falcon Release
Help with Custom Mugen Game Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 5:56 pm

» Soul Calibur Edits
Help with Custom Mugen Game Emptyby CARNAGE777 Today at 5:40 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Help with Custom Mugen Game

Go down 
+3
Red Hood
Ax
vor76
7 posters
AuthorMessage
vor76

vor76

Help with Custom Mugen Game Empty
PostSubject: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptyJuly 16th 2013, 6:03 am

Not sure if I have posted in right section but i was wondering if anyone could help me a problem i am having.

I am currently making a mugen game for two children which is based solely on Marvel and DC comic book characters and i noticed that several charaters have multiple personnas e.g.

Norman Osborn = Green Goblin + Iron Patriot

Is there a way of setting my green goblin as the primary character and when the player presses start (or something else) the secondary character appears.

I beleive the tekken series used this for bear and panda

If anyone can help I would me extremely greatful
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptyJuly 20th 2013, 5:14 am

I think they would have to be coded together into one character and then that option can be worked in there with coding.

Back to top Go down
Red Hood

Red Hood

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptyJuly 20th 2013, 9:00 am

Ax wrote:
I think they would have to be coded together into one character and then that option can be worked in there with coding.

this Help with Custom Mugen Game 3419901605 
Back to top Go down
vor76

vor76

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptySeptember 1st 2013, 6:45 pm

Thanks guys how difficult is it to do this?
Back to top Go down
E.nigma

E.nigma

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptySeptember 2nd 2013, 1:46 am

way too much difficult and time consuming for me
Back to top Go down
borg117

borg117

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptySeptember 3rd 2013, 2:23 pm

smart palette could do that, but it must be super-smart for that - so the character changes features depending on the palette. i mean inner lines and contours, not just color.
2nd option is makind character2 a "costume" of character1. however coding this flawless is nearly impossible for a standalone mugen character. moves that force p2 into p1 animation (mainly, throws and grabs) will always force character1 to blink. even making him invulnerable to throws would not give a 100% guarantee. other than that, it just makes the animations shift their numbers depending on the palette or any other option.
the 3rd option is making 2 sprites on same page, 2 in one. the 2nd must Always be *some pixels* (fixed amount, the higher the better) above first. this requires both characters to have the exact same amount of sprites beacause they will share ALL animations. then, you make the 2nd one appear by using the Offset controller, forcing the sprites to shift down for *some pixels* (see above). that would be the best solution for standalone chars, meeting limitations listed above.
hope it helps
Back to top Go down
vor76

vor76

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptySeptember 3rd 2013, 3:55 pm

borg117 wrote:
smart palette could do that, but it must be super-smart for that - so the character changes features depending on the palette. i mean inner lines and contours, not just color.
2nd option is makind character2 a "costume" of character1. however coding this flawless is nearly impossible for a standalone mugen character. moves that force p2 into p1 animation (mainly, throws and grabs) will always force character1 to blink. even making him invulnerable to throws would not give a 100% guarantee. other than that, it just makes the animations shift their numbers depending on the palette or any other option.
the 3rd option is making 2 sprites on same page, 2 in one. the 2nd must Always be *some pixels* (fixed amount, the higher the better) above first. this requires both characters to have the exact same amount of sprites beacause they will share ALL animations. then, you make the 2nd one appear by using the Offset controller, forcing the sprites to shift down for *some pixels* (see above). that would be the best solution for standalone chars, meeting limitations listed above.
hope it helps
Thanks alot the above info is a massive help sadly i beleive that all three options maybe beyond my levels of coding/spriting but I am very greatful for the info
Back to top Go down
vor76

vor76

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptySeptember 3rd 2013, 3:57 pm

I was hoping that there might of beenn a way of doing this with the select.def file but im guessing that can not be done
Back to top Go down
bolt crank

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptySeptember 3rd 2013, 4:45 pm

in my custom Mugen Marvel Super Heroes Game (were i put all char that i found around) i use this strategy, the character that have two or more variant (ex. Spiderman, Symbiote Spiderman, Capitan Universe... or Hulk, Savage Hulk ... or Ironman MSHvsSF, Ironman by Zvitor) were put to the border of screen selection (that not have all the character's cell , but only the cell i choose to show), so if i move one step more on right,felt top,down (refer to there position) i have the "alternate version"

I have often to remap character in file system.def and dimension of character's cell in select.def
but without any experience in mugen programming i can have some good result....

Back to top Go down
vor76

vor76

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptySeptember 4th 2013, 12:53 pm

Thanks bolt crank I will use that method if i can not do this any other way Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
bolt crank

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptySeptember 4th 2013, 1:35 pm

bolt crank wrote:

I have often to remap character in file system.def and dimension of character's cell in select.def
but without any experience in mugen programming i can have some good result....
OPS.. i was meant
"I have often to remap character in file select.def and dimension of character's cell in system.def "

Happy to be usefull Laughing 
good work
Back to top Go down
XXDreamBrotherXX

XXDreamBrotherXX

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game EmptySeptember 4th 2013, 6:47 pm

I believe AvX Colossus is capable of doing this. Possibly take a look at his code to see how
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Custom Mugen Game   Help with Custom Mugen Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with Custom Mugen Game
Page 1 of 1