The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon

Go down 
+2
SIRALEXBABY
thatguy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thatguy

thatguy

Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon Empty
PostSubject: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyFebruary 1st 2018, 1:15 am

This is the start to my IKEMEN select screen. I have gone through and made sure every character has an animated stance, and a small portrait taken from their in game sprites. I think this just makes your select screen look cleaner than having mismatched portraits all over the place.

Custom Stuff Added:
- I replaced almost half the small portraits with custom ones. (I took a stance sprite and cut 25*25 portrait of their head).
- I animated 4 character's stances as they didn't have them. (Just a simple franken-sprite moving body parts around to animate the stance)
- I added Electro's interactive stages and interactivity to the characters.
- For a few of my favorite characters in the roster I have also added new custom win poses, stances, intros, helpers, fatalities, etc. In those few select characters I have also fixed code, CLSN, sprite alignment, etc.

I may show off more videos of the screenpack including going through the other sections of IKEMEN such as bonus games, boss rush, free battle, etc. Ikemen can also pull multiple stages, and back ground music for each character. Each character can have their own personal order within the game (ex Luke skywalker always fights certain star wars characters in sequence and Darth Vader is the end boss), as well as a global order for the characters in playing arcade mode. IKEMEN is way more powerful than MUGEN, and I'm honestly shocked that more people haven't moved to it. It is like MUGEN on steroids.  

P.S. Sorry for the off-center video. I tried to crop it after the fact, but it made the video pixelate badly.

Part 2:

Here is another video, showing off some of the other modes. Training mode uses the training character. There's an extras section that has free battle (player1 vs computer), boss rush (fight pre-determined boss characters only done in the select.def),  VS 100 Kumite, Bonus games,  Replay, and Demo mode. I have not shown all modes in this video.

Last edited by thatguy on October 21st 2018, 7:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
SIRALEXBABY

SIRALEXBABY

PostSubject: GREAT JOB...   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyFebruary 1st 2018, 3:48 am

thatguy wrote:

This is the start to my IKEMEN select screen. I have gone through and made sure every character has an animated stance, and a small portrait taken from their in game sprites. I think this just makes your select screen look cleaner than having mismatched portraits all over the place.

Custom Stuff Added:
- I replaced almost half the small portraits with custom ones. (I took a stance sprite and cut 25*25 portrait of their head).
- I animated 4 character's stances as they didn't have them. (Just a simple franken-sprite moving body parts around to animate the stance)
- I added Electro's interactive stages and interactivity to the characters.
- For a few of my favorite characters in the roster I have also added new custom win poses, stances, intros, helpers, fatalities, etc. In those few select characters I have also fixed code, CLSN, sprite alignment, etc.

I may show off more videos of the screenpack including going through the other sections of IKEMEN such as bonus games, boss rush, free battle, etc. Ikemen can also pull multiple stages, and back ground music for each character. Each character can have their own personal order within the game (ex Luke skywalker always fights certain star wars characters in sequence and Darth Vader is the end boss), as well as a global order for the characters in playing arcade mode. IKEMEN is way more powerful than MUGEN, and I'm honestly shocked that more people haven't moved to it. It is like MUGEN on steroids.  

P.S. Sorry for the off-center video. I tried to crop it after the fact, but it made the video pixelate badly.
..I LOVE THE ANIMATED STANCES ON THE SELECT SCREEN..I THINK I WILL TRY THESE IKEMEN FOR MY NEXT PROJECT SP..BECAUSE I LIKE HOW YOU CAN ANIMATE THE CHAR ON THE SELECT SCREEN..NEED ADVICE thatguy..CAN YOU PLS PM..ON HOW YOU DID THAT TO ANIMATE THE CHAR..THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU..AND HOW TO DO MORE THAN 12 CHAR ANIMATED ON SELECT SCREEN..
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyFebruary 1st 2018, 7:13 pm

The great thing about Ikemen plus is that it will automatically load your characters for you. It will load most winmugen and 1.0/1.1 characters without error. It will load their stance automatically, but sometimes will error out loading certain characters. Ikemen also includes the scrolling so you can scroll through more than the 12 characters that show at the time.

Ikemen plus is available here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-plus-181972.0.html

Try it out, and add your characters/stages as you normally do.

Errors can always be fixed, but it depends on the error received what the solution will be. It really helps to know mugen coding for fixing specific characters to work on ikemen. Time permitting I am always willing to assist.

P.S. Ikemen plus is currently being updated to add even more features.
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyFebruary 2nd 2018, 4:25 am

I don't know how you do it, but man, the possibilities you can do with the roster are beyond of what i thought
So is ikemen more perhaps more developed select-screen-wise than normal mugens?
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyFebruary 2nd 2018, 9:12 pm

In Ikemen plus all you have to do is add your characters, and stages in the select.def just like you would for mugen. Ikemen loads sprite 9000.0 for small portrait, and the stance animation for the large portrait and the VS screen. It does this automatically.

When you load with any new character(s) it will ask if you want to convert them, choose "Yes, do it now." That process will automatically convert your character (extract the sprites) for faster loading.

Of course all mugen characters are not Ikemen ready, so you can run into errors. With some mugen know how these have been easily fixable so far for me.

It already has all of the modes I showed, but in the bonus section I have added tons of bonus games. By default it comes with catwalk and duckhunt built in.

In the select.def it has the instructions on how to add bonus games, bosses, multiple stages per character, multiple background music per stage. Another cool feature is on top of the regular order for arcade mode, each character can have their own order as well (ex. Luke Skywalker always fights darth maul as his sub-boss, and Darth Vader as his end boss, Megaman always fights Dr Wily as his end boss, etc). You can mix and match all these features to make a pretty cool game that is completely different depending on what character you choose.

If you get stuck let me know.
Back to top Go down
SIRALEXBABY

SIRALEXBABY

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyFebruary 3rd 2018, 5:18 am

HOW DO I GET A CHARACTER READY FOR IKEMEN????I NEVER USED IT BUT ..I AM GOING TO START...AS SOON AS I LEARN HOW TO ANIMATE THE CHARCTERS ON THE SELECT SCREEN..AND IS THERE A LIMIT TO HAVE MANY CHARCTERS CAN BE ANIMATED ON SELECT SCREEN???THANKS AGAIN AND GOD BLESS YOU...
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyFebruary 3rd 2018, 10:15 am

@SIRALEXBABY You add the character in select.def just like mugen. It will automatically use the character's stance animation for the select screen. Ikemen plus will show 2 rows of 5 characters on the select screen, and scroll through 8 more rows. Ikemen plus does all this for you by default, plus all the other options, menus, modes, etc.

If you want to add more than the 5 characters per row, 2 visible rows, and 8 scrolling rows:
Go into the install folder. Ikemen/script folder and open select.lua file with notepad.
Edit this line "8setSelColRow" without the quotes for how many scrolling rows you want.

I have only created custom stances for characters that did not have an animated stance to begin with in my select screen (just because it looked bad for only some characters to be animated and other not animated). I also changed most small portraits of my select screen (personal preference). I also added bonus stages to my Ikemen.
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 3:43 am

OK here's another video. I've added more characters, plus showing a WIP I just started. Jago by Shin Mako & Gartanham. I've always liked the character, but never cared for the black lines. I am taking the black lines out, but in doing so I've broken the palettes. I may release a sprite patch when this is complete if there is enough interest. I am not editing anything other than removing the black lines.

All credits for this character go to the original creators Shin Mako & Gartanham.

Here's how it looks

Old:
Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon 4j6uef

New:
Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon 315lh55

Here is the new video:
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Marvel & DC Superheroes vs Super Smash Bros.    Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyJuly 3rd 2018, 11:59 pm

Marvel & DC Superheroes vs Super Smash Bros.

What if Nintendo made Marvel vs DC game?

It would look like this:

Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon Vgcpy
Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon E6ef6f
Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon Fkwbaf

It would look and play like this:

Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyJuly 4th 2018, 5:59 pm

I like Ikemen ... Smile
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyJuly 4th 2018, 8:08 pm

@Doom

Yes I am still awaiting full mugen 1.1 support for Ikemen Go plus (apparently will be ready soon). There was a new update just over a month ago that I haven't tested yet. It is available at K4thos' github:

https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus

The new video and screenshots are of the Super Smash Bros Mugen 1.1 MOD

Creator's Website (Japanese):
http://www.geocities.jp/ky_shanxi/

I just started modding characters to work with Super Smash Bros. Mugen 1.1 MOD. I think some really powerful AI characters would look really good with it (especially really long air combos). It works similar to Smash Bros, where you can knock opponents off screen.
It is one of the coolest MODs for mugen I have tried (and I have tried virtually every one created).

For some future videos I might add more characters to Almost 3D mugen MOD (works like a side-scroller with a jump button, and use up/down/left/right to move around the floor), and post a video of that, and I think I have another really cool MOD as well to make a video for (can't remember the name or content).
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyJuly 4th 2018, 9:12 pm

I used that Ubu for my Ra's al Ghul Batman enemy!! and yep nice see all!!cute and incredible! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Superman Beyond and Sonya Mortal Kombat with Palette Selector (X-Costume)   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyJuly 22nd 2018, 7:09 pm

Here is a video of Superman Beyond & Sonya Mugen characters updated with X-Costume. Still have to work on the code for Cape vs no Cape for Superman.

All credits to the original authors:

Sonya by CARNAGE777 Updated By LESSARD
Superman Beyond by Angelus_Silverhead and JARRO77
X-Costume by PlayerOne

Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyJuly 22nd 2018, 8:45 pm

Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Navana

Navana

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon EmptyJuly 23rd 2018, 2:15 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon   Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon Empty

Back to top Go down

Thatguy's videos - Custom Small Portrait Lifebar Addon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next