The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Any fans of the original IT? Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 10:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Any fans of the original IT? Emptyby Shining Today at 2:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Any fans of the original IT? Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 8:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Any fans of the original IT? Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 5:42 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Any fans of the original IT?

Go down 
4 posters

Which Version Of IT Was The Best?
The Original Mini-Series
Any fans of the original IT? I_vote_lcap33%Any fans of the original IT? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
The 2017 Film
Any fans of the original IT? I_vote_lcap33%Any fans of the original IT? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
The Novel
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
arose87

arose87

Any fans of the original IT? Empty
PostSubject: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 1:25 am

I take a look back at the original tv mini-series for Stephen King's IT to see if still holds up or has our nostalgia blinded us. Check it out and leave a comment letting me know what you guys think!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU1ni5_tkpo&t=2s

Last edited by arose87 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 7:00 am

Well, I am not a big fan of clown horror but I think the original IT has successfully turned a happy/peaceful clown to a new horror icon since those times, and this idea seems to have been used in later horror movies/video games. Any fans of the original IT? Desism10

I haven't watched the new IT yet...........perhaps after watching the new IT I come again to tell you which series I would like better........ Wink

And, may I know which is your most favorite Stephen King movies please? Question
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t10526-which-is-your-most-favorite-stephen-king-movies
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
arose87

arose87

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 9:43 pm

You should really check out the new film I thought it was great
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 10:37 pm

for me its bad adaptation for a bad book...King write right some ideas and another... eyes rolling alcohol you know?

I agree with Nostalgic Critic see:

Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 10:38 pm

and for me the real JOHN WAYNE GUCY is more....terrorific!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy
Back to top Go down
Edroth

Edroth

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Pennywise isn't a clown, it's a cosmic ancient being, older than the Universe itself. The King's book is like smoking weed, pretty weird and absurd. Curry's portrayal isn't so much accurate, but pretty decent. Skarsgaard's Pennywise have a cool suit, medieval dark. I don't like so much King's horror (prefer Lovecraft) but the idea of an superior being who search for people's deepest fears is not so bad.
Back to top Go down
Edroth

Edroth

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 11:37 pm

yolomate wrote:
and for me the real JOHN WAYNE GUCY is more....terrorific!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy

Good! I know about Pogo, he's real, so, obviously, more terrorific. But some bullets deep in his brain isn't a hard work.
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 2:20 pm

EDWARDUSK wrote:
Pennywise isn't a clown, it's a cosmic ancient being, older than the Universe itself. The King's book is like smoking weed, pretty weird and absurd. Curry's portrayal isn't so much accurate, but pretty decent. Skarsgaard's Pennywise have a cool suit, medieval dark. I don't like so much King's horror (prefer Lovecraft) but the idea of an superior being who search for people's deepest fears is not so bad.
I know the story and read the book in 1989 Edwardusk friend, for me is a great cliché of King the book and the tv movie is...AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Any fans of the original IT? 1340147569 Any fans of the original IT? 1340147569
and yep Lovercraft is much better!! Any fans of the original IT? 670481599
Back to top Go down
arose87

arose87

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Never really got into lovecraft what would you suggest
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 6:19 pm

the book: Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H.P. Lovecraft: 

• DagonThe Statement of Randolph CarterThe Doom that Came to SarnathThe Cats of UltharThe Nameless CityHerbert West–ReanimatorThe Music of Erich ZannThe Lurking FearThe HoundThe Rats in the WallsUnder the PyramidsThe UnnamableIn the VaultThe OutsiderThe Horror at Red HookThe Colour Out of SpacePickman's ModelThe Call of CthulhuCool AirThe Shunned HouseThe Silver KeyThe Dunwich HorrorThe Whisperer in DarknessThe Strange High House in the MistThe Dreams in the Witch HouseFrom BeyondThrough the Gates of the Silver KeyAt the Mountains of MadnessThe Shadow Over InnsmouthThe Shadow Out of TimeThe Haunter of the DarkThe Thing on the DoorstepThe Case of Charles Dexter Ward, The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath.

Back to top Go down
arose87

arose87

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Thanks I'll check it out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of the original IT?   Any fans of the original IT? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any fans of the original IT?
Page 1 of 1