The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character Emptyby Doom Today at 6:18 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character Empty
PostSubject: TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character   TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character EmptyApril 8th 2013, 5:38 pm

Today I was asked by the Mugen Multiverse admin to create a tutorial on how to make a winmugen patch for a 1.0 only character. So please don't think your requests fall on deaf ears. Today I will go into what it takes to make the character run correctly in winmugen. The only way to have the character still turn out the way the original author intended is to learn how to code and fix everything properly.

DISCLAIMER/WARNING
First and foremost ALWAYS make a backup copy of the character you are about to edit. Some characters have too many 1.0 only codes for them to work properly so can not be converted (Acey's Rogue for example). If you modify a character to run in winmugen you may disable some features, moves, gameplay aspects, etc that the original creator had put in the character. It is mostly trial and error until it will run. You will have to figure out for yourself... is it worth disabling certain features (if you don't know how to fix it correctly) to be able to play with that character... if the answer is yes then disable the code and continue.

On to the tutorial:
1. Make a backup copy of the characters files, and a readme or changelog of your progress
2. Open the character's .DEF file
3. Edit "mugenversion = 1.0" to "mugenversion = 04,14,2002"
4. Save and close the character's .DEF file
5. Find and fix errors
a.- To find the errors try running the character in winmugen
b.- Read the error and/or take a screenshot
c.- Find the code in the character's .CNS files and comment it out or re-code it to winmugen standards
d.- Repeat a-c until the character runs
6. Remove any 1.0 specific codes (most will already be fixed by this point)
a.- To find out more on 1.0 specific code please read here: http://elecbyte.com/mugendocs/upgrading.html
b.- Find the code in the character's .CNS files and comment it out or re-code it to winmugen standards
c.- Repeat a-c until the character runs
7. If in any of the above you found AILevel code this means you have disabled the character's AI
a.- you will have to use the winmugen "trick" AI to simulate it (available at my site)
8. Done

And now for a surprise for you WinMUGEN lovers... please see changelog.txt for details on what i did to fix the errors.
Today I worked on Luke Cage by Ark. My intent is to create a tutorial while creating a patch for Luke Cage for winmugen (filling multiple requests). For speed of this tutorial I will be simply disabling certain 1.0 only codes (StageVar and others). Sorry folks if I had more time I'd actually code it properly (I'm working 10 of the next 11 days). What this means is that when Luke is on certain stages it will not give him an advantage/disadvantage in the battle, or have a specific song play when he enters the stage (as the character creator had intended). This is why there isn't an easy way to "patch" characters for winmugen.

WinMUGEN Patch for Luke Cage by Arkady
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lfji4b

Enjoy.

Last edited by techy121 on April 8th 2013, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character   TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character EmptyApril 8th 2013, 5:49 pm

thanx for this. any time anyone will be replying, "plz make a winmugen patch", we will be referring to this topic Exclamation

lets just hope everyone referred here will take the time to actually make the patch and not be requesting it be made for them here for them Razz

but to be clear, MMV actually thinks everyone should upgrade to Mugen 1.0. we even have 2 screenpacks with it embedded already for you hosted. but if you want to remain old fashioned and not upgrade, techy121 gave you a great tutorial to make your own winmugen patch.

thanx techy121 Exclamation Smile
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character   TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character EmptyApril 8th 2013, 5:57 pm

I completely agree with Volzzilla on this one. I upgraded a while ago, and haven't looked back until this request came in. Honestly folks it IS worth upgrading to play "******" character. Trust us.

For those that still don't want to upgrade, here is a workaround. Cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character   TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character EmptyApril 8th 2013, 5:59 pm

Our friend thank God you came you helped me very much obliged friend I'll get to learn more you could you please do more for the black patch and a window for Havok and the avanlanche also if not even ask for much more thank you so much I have left to put a lot of good chars marvel because it was worth it
Back to top Go down
http://wendellreis007.wixsite.com/wendellreis007
Shadman

Shadman

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character   TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character EmptyApril 8th 2013, 6:10 pm

Could someone explain to me why people dont want to upgrade? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character   TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character EmptyApril 8th 2013, 6:20 pm

sometimes the guy a bug in luke cage and the guy goes flying in for more of a kick when you over what I thought I was the kind of bad that you said it has a good AI ta more on your site and the more I got into it nothing can put him here Ai good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character   TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character EmptyApril 8th 2013, 6:24 pm

AoCBane wrote:
Could someone explain to me why people dont want to upgrade? lol

I did not here my update for 1.0 because it gets bad here on my computer and I already did a lot in my winmugen not to mention that I like more graphic than winmugen mugen 1.0 is the graph of stay equal to the 1.0 winmugne not very hd to upgrade because the 1.0 is much better than the best winmugen beyond the sounds that have a lot fewer errors in winmugen and also has better effects without talking winquotes of which are very cool and do not have the winmugen
Back to top Go down
Adminbot

Adminbot

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character   TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character EmptyApril 8th 2013, 6:26 pm

deadpool wrote:
sometimes the guy a bug in luke cage and the guy goes flying in for more of a kick when you over what I thought I was the kind of bad that you said it has a good AI ta more on your site and the more I got into it nothing can put him here Ai good

Just to be clear, this topic is not about techy121 taking feedback to improve the Luke Cage WinMugen patch he made. He didn't have to make that at all, he did it to show how easy it can be. The topic also not about requesting new ones either. The topic is about how anyone that wants to continue using the old buggy version of Mugen, can make their own WinMugen patches.
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character   TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character Empty

Back to top Go down

TUTORIAL - How to make a WinMUGEN patch for a 1.0 only character
Page 1 of 1