The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» I need help ripping a specific sprite art from Asura Buster
Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Emptyby SWAGaming98 Today at 4:23 am

» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 1:20 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?

Go down 
+12
I-Skorp-I
skhsato123
volzzilla
BigK64
Mistah Jorge
Staubhold
carpa5
logansam
Darthpool
Arkady
yolomate
pockydeluxe1
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pockydeluxe1

pockydeluxe1

Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Empty
PostSubject: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 10th 2016, 5:15 pm

'Sup Everyone! I just Got to thinking a week ago, after seeing a lot of pallet swaps of characters , I was wondering why do people palette swap characters that are not complete? Sheesh, I've even seen swapped characters with win quotes that don't fit whatever character the they're trying to be, don't know if this out of lack of ability to code or sprite, or just laziness. Now, I seen some really good swaps and I've seen a lot of crappy ones. But I think if creators but a lot more tlc into these kind of characters , They could become classic works of MUGEN! cheers
What do you guys think of pallets swaps, and do you have a favorite? eyes rolling
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 10th 2016, 5:24 pm

I got a lot favorites like carpa5 creations and  that great boster gold! and much more! example: my fixed Skilk Spectre:Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Silk_s12 or my anohter swap fixed for Lady Shiva! sorry I not pic for now!
Back to top Go down
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 10th 2016, 7:08 pm

yeah i'm not a fan of them unless they have proper moves to suit THAT pallete for that character being pallete swapped
Back to top Go down
pockydeluxe1

pockydeluxe1

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 10th 2016, 7:13 pm

Arkady wrote:
yeah i'm not a fan of them unless they have proper moves to suit THAT pallete for that character being pallete swapped

Indeed! Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? 1340147569
Back to top Go down
Darthpool

Darthpool

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 10th 2016, 7:23 pm

I don't download that many. I'll only download it if some sprite edits are done and if the moves fit that specific character. A good example of some that I'll download are a lot of Carpa5's palette swaps.
Back to top Go down
logansam

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 12th 2016, 10:14 am

is the new way to make a character, you only change the face, the colors and others "hard works" and put in the "new" and super original character.

but the moves are the same, so with this intense work, some people add some new hypers and specials.

some people say that is a way to "learn", others say that are lazy, LOGANSAM say watch videos tutorial, read, learn then try to make your "own" work. take time but in the end you can make a good char for all us the mugen players.

Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? 4008376456 Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? 4008376456
Back to top Go down
carpa5

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 12th 2016, 10:41 am

pallete swap o originales bueno este tema siempre causa controversia pero en mi opinion tu tienes la libertad de escoger o descargar el char que mas te guste para tu coleccion al final de cuentas ni uno de nosotros ganamos dinero o lucramos con los chars para mi hay algunos char originales segun que utilizan de base otros chars y esos se ven reflejados en los movimiemtos tambien asi que si me preguntas pues para mi tambien son palleteswaps de cierta manera son pocos los autores o creadores de chars que no utilizan bases y que comienzan la creacion de un char de cero otros deben utilizar bases pero como te digo este tema siempre genera controversia y molestia para algunos pero tu como usuario de internet tienes la libertad de escoger lo que mas te guste Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? 670481599 Smile

pallete swap or original good topic always causes controversy but in my opinion you have freedom of choice or download the char that you like for your collection in the end neither one of us earn money or lucramos with chars to me there are some char original according to using base other chars and these are reflected in the movimiemtos also so if you ask me because for me are also palleteswaps in a way few authors or creators of chars that do not use bases and start creating a char zero they should use basis but as I always say this issue is controversial and uncomfortable for some but you as Internet user have the freedom to choose what you like best Smile Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? 670481599
Back to top Go down
pockydeluxe1

pockydeluxe1

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 13th 2016, 11:00 am

Wow!affraid
I wasn't Expecting such a huge response, I think there are some more
controversial topics I might start later, Let's Keep the dialog going on here!Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? 670481599
Back to top Go down
Staubhold

Staubhold

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 13th 2016, 2:57 pm

Pallet swap is very lazy work. You need no coding skills to change a pal on a char, the name & the portraits.

Like I said, lazy... and IMO not good at all.
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 13th 2016, 3:53 pm

No pallets swap from and for me.
NEVER!!! ( I accept edits tough like take a character. Add moves and more stuff. But some people can still see this as lazy work. I might agree depending on wich character.)
Thanks for asking, i hope this topic serves as an eye opener.
Back to top Go down
BigK64

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 13th 2016, 5:55 pm

Guess the answer is they are only good when they have moves, sound and coding that make them their own character instead of just a recolor. Think of it like Shotoclones; it's clear that Ryu and Ken have the same exact moveset, but the way they play and act makes them a lot different and therefore their own character.

I pretty much okay with pallet swaps as long as they come off unique in aesthetics and (to some extent) gameplay.
Back to top Go down
pockydeluxe1

pockydeluxe1

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 14th 2016, 5:20 pm

Mistah Jorge wrote:
No pallets swap from and for me.
NEVER!!! ( I accept edits tough like take a character. Add moves and more stuff. But some people can still see this as lazy work. I might agree depending on wich character.)
Thanks for asking, i hope this topic serves as an eye opener.

You're Welcome! Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? 670481599
Back to top Go down
Darthpool

Darthpool

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 14th 2016, 6:26 pm

BigK64 wrote:
Guess the answer is they are only good when they have moves, sound and coding that make them  their own character instead of just a recolor.
Don't forget sprite editing. They have to look unique too.
Back to top Go down
carpa5

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 14th 2016, 7:46 pm

look an example they say a pallete swap but its not its just change the name but the char
but they not even worked to make it look like mr freze
Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Clipbo48
and look i make this edit of deadshot by the way its almost done all sprites
Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Clipbo49
this a really pallete swap
but some work badly done , we all lose
Back to top Go down
Darthpool

Darthpool

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? EmptyAugust 15th 2016, 12:12 am

carpa5 wrote:
look an example they say a pallete swap but its not its just change the name but the char
but they not even worked to make it look like mr freze
Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Clipbo48
and look i make this edit of deadshot by the way its almost done all sprites
Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Clipbo49
this a really pallete swap
but some work badly done , we all lose
I'm so glad Deadshot's going along well. Really excited for it. And yeah that Mr. Freeze is an example of a palette swap I wouldn't download
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?   Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pallet Swaps, Are They really that great?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next