The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Crossover Battles in MUGEN
Character conversion project: Current - ??? Emptyby dauragoncmikado Today at 9:37 am

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Character conversion project: Current - ??? Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 6:03 pm

» Perfect DarkPhoenix - Atrocious Difficulty
Character conversion project: Current - ??? Emptyby Oguyaka. Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» King Shark Base Idea
Character conversion project: Current - ??? Emptyby skhsato123 Yesterday at 4:52 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Character conversion project: Current - ???

Go down 
+9
yolomate
Darthpool
NamelessOnlinePlayer
btony89
Doom
Chimoru
rhiggatwat
MDS_GEIST
I-Skorp-I
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
walruslui

walruslui

Character conversion project: Current - ??? Empty
PostSubject: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 13th 2015, 11:41 pm

Hi guys, so lately, i've felt that alot of the more recent characters released do have some pretty neat ideas, but their execution is somewhat flawed, i know some people say it's due to their inexperience with fighting games in general, which is understandable, so, i've taken it upon myself to improve these characters where it counts: the gameplay. remember, gameplay is KEY in any fighting game, intro's, hypers and all that neat stuff is good and all, but if the gameplay itself is flawed the character doesn't feel fun to play as.

lately ive studied mouser's coding and I have a good grasp on properly coding characters now, so im gonna see if I can CONVERT some characters into MVC2, with the original sprites and movesets ofcourse, I aint gonna add or change any sprites and all that, ill just be basically recoding the characters entirely. ill start with one of chimoru's marvel characters cheers

update: here is an example of what i intend to do

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9jkl6o

here, im in the middle of Zvitor's Wolverine and now he plays ALOT closer to MVC2 (except with six-buttons)

his original moveset will remain intact dont worry about that. hes just gonna play alot better and smoother.

hes not done yet, only beserker barrage has been recoded, this is again just a little test to let you guys see what i mean.

Last edited by walruslui on December 13th 2015, 3:20 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
I-Skorp-I

I-Skorp-I

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 13th 2015, 11:50 pm

walruslui wrote:
Hi guys, so lately, i've felt that alot of the more recent characters released do have some pretty neat ideas, but their execution is somewhat flawed, i know some people say it's due to their inexperience with fighting games in general, which is understandable, so, i've taken it upon myself to improve these characters where it counts: the gameplay. remember, gameplay is KEY in any fighting game, intro's, hypers and all that neat stuff is good and all, but if the gameplay itself is flawed the character doesn't feel fun to play as.

the first character i'm fixing is MoonKnight by Rg OP and Arkady
First I will be revamping ALL of his really really awkward hitboxes so they can be optimized for gameplay like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will also be fixing up his hypers and basics to make em feel as solid as Acey's recent AvX Captain America, I want this guy to feel like a fun and solid character to play as, I'll post more progress about my fixes on this thread as I go

Now THAT'S what i'm talking about at least SOMEONE finally stepped up to fix these flawed game play chars lol i hope you work on Raven next cause she is the only Teen Titan that is barely playable
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAay2Na3a66_BMAou7b_gjA
walruslui

walruslui

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 13th 2015, 11:54 pm

Yeah, the sprites are neat and I don't want em to go to waste!

ha, i'll MAYBE to Raven. I'm thinking of fixing up Doctor Strange or Black Panther next if Ark doesn't mind, I want all of these AvX characters to feel solid and uniform first since im starting with Moon Knight
Back to top Go down
MDS_GEIST

MDS_GEIST

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 14th 2015, 12:25 am

if it helps editied docotr strange where all the spells are a differnet command instead of being random. could send to you if you want.
Back to top Go down
walruslui

walruslui

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 14th 2015, 12:32 am

nah, im fine, thanks for the offer.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Chimoru

Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 14th 2015, 4:20 am

I don't mind this idea because I feel that part of being in the MUGEN community is admitting that maybe you can't do everything and letting others help you, but I also know that some people are a little prideful and might feel hurt by this if not consulted. That being said, you have my full permission to help make anything I coded a bit more smooth and fun for yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 14th 2015, 10:42 am

Personally I think an excellent idea. cheers
Good luck with this. Character conversion project: Current - ??? 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
btony89

btony89

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 14th 2015, 10:52 am

this is a very good project, good luck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0y46-XHBIoPw2vo3yDmO2w
NamelessOnlinePlayer

NamelessOnlinePlayer

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 14th 2015, 11:31 am

Well that's good, even though I appreciate Arkady's work, Moon Knight NEEDS a lot of polishment.
Wish you the best for this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl_qw6J6u1OSvtQFmnEepJQ
Darthpool

Darthpool

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 14th 2015, 7:52 pm

I'm looking forward to all your edits Walrus.
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 14th 2015, 8:04 pm

much chars need that!!!
Back to top Go down
walruslui

walruslui

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 15th 2015, 1:15 am

First run of MoonKnight now ready for testing
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 15th 2015, 9:13 am

walruslui wrote:
First run of MoonKnight now ready for testing

scared
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Fede X

Fede X

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? EmptyNovember 15th 2015, 9:52 am

is good you do, many criticize but do nothing to remedy or fix problems, I see that you care about the quality of the character created and that's good.He has permission to fix any character to do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character conversion project: Current - ???   Character conversion project: Current - ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Character conversion project: Current - ???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next