The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

» Rogue By Acey Palette issue
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 Emptyby LightingRed99 Yesterday at 5:46 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31

Go down 
+20
ROLEINMUGEN
Darthpool
pseudoingles
NinjaRyu
Cristianomelo
erickablond
Staubhold
Ax
malevka1
Mazemerald
Adminbot
Mistah Jorge
Midnight-Son
grinderkiller1
yolomate
Werewood
gonzaLOL
dfalcon
volzzilla
Varia the Hunter
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Which CSP Looks Best?
CSP #1
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
CSP #2
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
CSP #3
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap50%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Other (comment your idea)
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 11:32 am

So I was toying with the TNT plant move, and made it to where it both requires and uses up 500 special power (out of 3000) to plant a pack of TNT on the ground. I did this to fix the issue of my attempt at limiting helpers that was affecting some of his other moves. I think, since I was trying to make Needles have an element of cheapness anyways (but not overly so), that he could very well rig the stage with up to 6 explosives if he wants to when he has a full bar of special power. Do keep in mind, however, that the TNT takes a while to explode, and they aren't hard to avoid or block unless put into a good position. Really, they're mainly just obstacles, but powerful ones if they do manage to hit someone.

So should I keep this change? I think it really helps him out, especially right now (and he's done fairly well in playtesting already), and it suits the weapons, tools, and trap filled nature of the Twisted Metal games.

Also, he only has a placeholder animation for the attack right now, but I went ahead and gave him the ability to throw a spinning machete that momentarily stuns the enemy. It costs 100 special power to use, but if you can stun someone with it, it can open up a brief window for you to rush over to the stunned enemy and possibly get a rib crusher attack in for massive damage! The rib crusher attack now costs 300 special power so that you can't just spam it a bunch (not that you really can to begin with, since getting close enough to use it is pretty tough).

Lastly, the chainsaw now gets properly discarded once he finishes his spin attack with it. He tosses the chainsaw away, but it also counts as a projectile, so anyone unfortunate enough to be behind him and is either really tall and/or airborne will be blown up by the chainsaw exploding in their face. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 12th 2015, 3:31 pm

Alright everyone, here's a new video update! I appreciate all your support. Smile

And his first victory pose: "Born to destroy, baby! Mwahahahahaaaa!"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll be trying to finish up his crouch attacks, then move on to aerials, and some specials along the way. After I do those things, and give him at least one Hyper, I will release a BETA!

Stay tuned! jokers laugh
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 12th 2015, 9:50 pm

great work on the video. liked it so much, put a hyperlink into the forum index news block Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Cristianomelo

Cristianomelo

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 13th 2015, 7:58 am

It seems incredible, it is exactly as in games, good job.
Back to top Go down
Staubhold

Staubhold

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 13th 2015, 10:11 am

Really nice! Love your dedication!
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 16th 2015, 8:29 pm

Made more progress this week! He has two aerial attacks (a quick swing of the fist, and a two legged kick), and a "match finish" win pose, shown in this video.

Also, he has his first dash attack, which is a grab. He will have a second one, which will be a dashing kick. The grab is quite fun to use. He picks up the enemy, lifts them over his head with both arms, and then exclaims "HERE COMES THE PAIN" before looking over and then jumping and hurling the enemy through the air. It's a highly damaging attack, but to keep it from being too cheap, you cannot use the machete throw to combo into it.

For the fun of it, I'm allowing you, my followers, to vote on which Character Select Portrait (CSP) you like best! The one with the most votes will be the CSP he uses in the last release.

If none of these appeal to you, please, speak up! Leave a comment and tell me your idea for a CSP pose!

I have added these to the OP as well.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 17th 2015, 9:30 am

another good video. and pick the 3rd port plz
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
NinjaRyu

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 18th 2015, 6:37 am

nice video Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 978788824
Back to top Go down
Staubhold

Staubhold

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 19th 2015, 3:46 am

3rd port as well for me. Smile

Nice short vid.
Wor the win animation you should find another, more fitting sound effect for his "final" stomp... The one you ure using in the vid is way too... cartoony.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 19th 2015, 4:17 am

Am I the only one who gave a vote to CSP #2? Question
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 19th 2015, 12:05 pm

Staubhold wrote:

Nice short vid.
Wor the win animation you should find another, more fitting sound effect for his "final" stomp... The one you ure using in the vid is way too... cartoony.
What sounds too "cartoony"? The "woosh" when his leg drops? Because I think the bone-crunch sound fits perfectly when the stomp lands.
Back to top Go down
pseudoingles

pseudoingles

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 19th 2015, 12:19 pm

I vote on the second, I think that it is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Staubhold

Staubhold

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 20th 2015, 12:10 pm

Varia the Hunter wrote:
Staubhold wrote:

Nice short vid.
What sounds too "cartoony"? The "woosh" when his leg drops? Because I think the bone-crunch sound fits perfectly when the stomp lands.

IMO the "bone crunching" sound is way too light sounding... Sounds more like twigs breaking then skull breaking.
Maybe use something from here:

Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 21st 2015, 12:19 am

Staubhold wrote:

IMO the "bone crunching" sound is way too light sounding... Sounds more like twigs breaking then skull breaking.
Maybe use something from here:

-snip-
Thanks for trying to help. None of those sounds were giving me the effect I wanted, I'm afraid. Fortunately, I found a more heavy bone crush sound that should sound a bit more like a boot stomp with some cracking noises.

----

Well, I have Needles Kane's Sweet Tooth ice cream truck now! Unfortunately it's not the real deal, so I had to settle for reskinning a step van to resemble the truck, so now it's white with pink spots! Good thing is, he uses a modified step van in the PS3 game anyways, so at least it's the same vehicle.

I was tinkering, and went ahead and made his Freeze Missile attack, as seen in the Twisted Metal series! The ice cream truck rolls into view just enough to fire a freeze missile that only does 10 damage, and obviously, it freezes the enemy! The freeze lasts for a good few moments, allowing you to set up more traps, or to deal some good extra damage. It costs 500 Hyper power to use, though, so it isn't too spammy. With this, Needles is even more of a threat. With just this addition, he's getting closer to my vision for him: tools and traps everywhere, good combo game and major damage output. In short, a real pain in the neck to fight.
jokers laugh
Back to top Go down
Darthpool

Darthpool

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 EmptyApril 21st 2015, 12:41 am

Can't really say I know who sweet tooth is but if you want the most intimidating one I'd go with CSP #2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next