The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» More Legionnaires
fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. Emptyby marvel Today at 2:34 pm

» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. Emptyby manbatshark8 Today at 1:15 pm

» SF6 - Ruined Lab
fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. Emptyby Tradt-Production Today at 12:39 pm

» Soul Calibur Edits
fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. Emptyby JARRO77 Today at 12:29 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
XxDragoulxX

XxDragoulxX

fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. Empty
PostSubject: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 8:42 pm

alright, i guess i'll start with the issue i'm having and then go over what i've already tried. if anyone can help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

so, here's the issue i'm having: when opening my characters' .def file in fighter factory, my character does what he needs to and everything looks fine and dandy for what i've done so far, but when i try to test out the character in mugen, or in the test option provided by fighter factory, my character ends up shrinking to 1/4 the size he actually is (this problem also extends to my characters' small and big portraits as well).

i have consulted google, and the only thing i could find was to open up the .cns file and scale him up that way, but when i do that, the hitboxes are way out of proportion to where it takes up a majority of the screen, and when i try to scale the hitboxes down, it either is too small to the point where he can barely be hit, or goes back to taking up most of the screen.

i think that about covers my situation. if anyone can help me, i would really appreciate it. looking forward to being on this site by the way (couldn't find the introduction thread of the forum. i will look again for the thread, but if it doesn't exist, i guess i'll just say hi on this note lol)
Back to top Go down
XXDreamBrotherXX

XXDreamBrotherXX

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 8:57 pm

Have tried changing localcoord in the chars def file?

Last edited by XXDreamBrotherXX on May 30th 2014, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chimoru

Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 9:02 pm

It's probably a localcoord in the def file.  If you see a field like this example I found IN Bizarro:

Is it like this?
fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. Rcmb2qU

If so, try this solution:

Code:

[Info]
name ="Pocket_Bizarro by Magus"        
displayname ="Bizarro"
author ="Magus"        
pal.defaults=1,2
localcoord=620,480                      <===============THIS PART HERE
versiondate=13/06/2007
mugenversion=

If you see that, delete the whole line and your character should return to normal size.

Please let me know if this works.
Back to top Go down
Chimoru

Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 9:04 pm

LOL, Dream responded before me because I was typing up my mini-tutorial! Razz But I think we're both right.
Back to top Go down
XXDreamBrotherXX

XXDreamBrotherXX

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 9:05 pm

Haha! Lets hope we're right
Back to top Go down
XxDragoulxX

XxDragoulxX

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 9:50 pm

Chimoru wrote:
It's probably a localcoord in the def file.  If you see a field like this example I found IN Bizarro:

Is it like this?
fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. Rcmb2qU

If so, try this solution:

Code:

[Info]
name ="Pocket_Bizarro by Magus"        
displayname ="Bizarro"
author ="Magus"        
pal.defaults=1,2
localcoord=620,480                      <===============THIS PART HERE
versiondate=13/06/2007
mugenversion=

If you see that, delete the whole line and your character should return to normal size.

Please let me know if this works.

doesn't look like that, looks like this, actually (for whatever reason, posting the pic on here won't show, so i'll just leave the imgur url lol) https://imgur.com/nW93tSo
Back to top Go down
XxDragoulxX

XxDragoulxX

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 9:57 pm

also should add that i'm using kfm's files to use as a reference so i don't have to go through the process of coding my character from scratch. i know there are better templates to use, but i want to be safe rather than sorry if the other ones end up not working too well (just in case what version of mugen i use matters, i use 1.1 with ff3 at this point in time)
Back to top Go down
XxDragoulxX

XxDragoulxX

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 10:32 pm

tried out the localcoord solution, and i think that fixed the problem. i'm gonna try to reorganize the hitboxes and see if that fixed the issue. thanks for the speedy reponces and solutions guys. looking forward to sharing my work here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxDragoulxX

XxDragoulxX

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 10:38 pm

XxDragoulxX wrote:
tried out the localcoord solution, and i think that fixed the problem. i'm gonna try to reorganize the hitboxes and see if that fixed the issue. thanks for the speedy reponces and solutions guys. looking forward to sharing my work here! Very Happy

nevermind, looks like i ate my own words. it fixed the sprite problem, but not the hitbox problem, which hasn't changed. trying to figure out what the issue with the hitboxes are, but so far, haven't come up with anything. i am still greatful for the quick and helpful responses that i had recieved in such a short amount of time
Back to top Go down
XXDreamBrotherXX

XXDreamBrotherXX

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 10:54 pm

If you are using KFM hit boxes with a different SFF of course you have to change all the hitboxes
Back to top Go down
XxDragoulxX

XxDragoulxX

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. EmptyMay 30th 2014, 11:09 pm

XXDreamBrotherXX wrote:
If you are using KFM hit boxes with a different SFF of course you have to change all the hitboxes
i know that i have to change the hitboxes around to fit my character lol. the problem is that when i do, they just don't properly line up with the character o_o. i'm not sure if it's the way i lined up the character for the hurt sprites (which i don't think is why since i'm having the problem in the idol state as well as the hurt animations), or if it's just the way the hitboxes are lining up with the character itself, but i haven't found the answer as to what it would be yet o_O.

EDIT: not sure if you mean i have to take out the hitboxes in place before hand in stead of just alter them, but i have it set up in ff to where i want the hitboxes originally to be, just not sure why they're scaling up and down the way they are .-.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.   fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated. Empty

Back to top Go down

fighter factory scaling issue. help would be appreciated.
Page 1 of 1