The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) Emptyby Baelorn Today at 5:25 am

» Bridge Cliff Stage
Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) Emptyby Charmugen Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) Emptyby NightDevil123 Yesterday at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 6:35 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)

Go down 
+7
Fightfan
NinjaRyu
Trojanman704
12345rSTREET
Ax
flammableking
Varia the Hunter
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) Empty
PostSubject: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 4:36 am

Hello everyone! Lately I have been working on my own version of Samus Aran for MUGEN. All of her sprites and attack animations are custom made using a 3D model with an edited texture. This is my very first character for MUGEN, but I'm hoping to make a quality character for a good first impression. I have a couple of videos for her, but please remember, these videos are a bit choppy, and thus, fail to capture how smooth her movement actually is. Here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLF3FmSffpQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2NWiSJ16MA

I have also gotten her to shoot diagonally downward in the air with her Power Beam and Missile, and she also has her Wave Beam and Plasma Beam now. She needs a few more attacks, a throw, a different explosion effect for her Morph Ball bomb, and at least a level 3 Super attack, and she should be about ready for a beta release. I need to also fix a bug where she can't get up sometimes.
Here's a few pictures, too.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Idle animation

I'm open to feedback, so please tell me what you think!

Last edited by Varia31 on November 10th 2013, 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
flammableking

flammableking

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 4:54 am

Please... Keep... Going!! O___O You Must Finish Her!! I Can't Wait Until The Other Guys See This!! OwO Outstanding Job!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 5:19 am

Thank you! I'll do my best. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 6:13 am

Very impressive. The character looks great, it's an excellent model. I hope you'll make Ridley someday, it would just be perfect to have them together in mugen at this size and style.

Good luck! Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) 670481599 
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 6:38 am

Thanks Ax! I've used your Samus before and thought it was pretty cool and unique. Smile
If I manage to get a good Ridley model for the model posing program I used to make the Samus sprites, called XNALARA, I'll consider it. Right now though, Samus is the only character I had planned.

I appreciate the support!
Back to top Go down
12345rSTREET

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 8:36 am

@AX are you making a goku Fullsprite? can i see your sprite? i'm intrested on your goku.
Back to top Go down
http://narunote.blogspot.com
flammableking

flammableking

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 9:40 am

That stance... Is so smooth... It's just gorgeous! ^ ^
Back to top Go down
12345rSTREET

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 10:21 am

CvS Samus Aran by 12345rSTREET

Back to top Go down
http://narunote.blogspot.com
Trojanman704

Trojanman704

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 11:18 am

this looks awesome! You did a great job. I hope in future versions you will add more hyper attack. I can tell you will be one to watch. Congratulations on first char. I haven't made it there but I am working on learning it. I have watched countless youtubes on char. creation and have scheduled classes to learn 3d modeling. Thank you for helping keep the mugen community going.
Back to top Go down
Trojanman704

Trojanman704

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 12:56 pm

Just some thoughts hope this helps. I was thinking what if you gave Samus an effect where some of his green features in his suit fluctuate from dim green to bright green on his suit like energy fluctuation in the suit and then you could make a green energy line that moves side to side on Samus's helmet like a cool helmet scanner effect and what if you made his explosions 2d bright and firey like a dbz char or pyro. You could add some dust effect to the ground for Samus landing from jump. Maybe add some light white smoke occasionally spurts from the neck of Samus helmet like an air discharge. What if you made Samus gun transform slightly when it shoots like maybe it opens on the top and bottom of the gun when she is about to fire. You could add a feature where her back transforms a little or just has like a little booster fire to her back when she jumps. Maybe add a little bit of a slide effect to Samus's landing when she flips back and lands. And an idea for one of the hypers you could do an energy build on her weapon like a energy build up on the tip of the cannon while something spins in the center of the gun and a little electricity builds up on her weapon and small particles of rocks rise from the ground and disintegrate in the energy field building up before her super blast. I know some of these thoughts are out of the box and a little off from Samus but I still think it would be awesome lol.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 3:07 pm

Those are some awesome ideas. I may put some of them to use! I think I definitely will do the glowing effects on the light areas of her armor, at least for her idle pose.

For her level 3 Hyper/Super attack, she's going to use her Power Bomb. Level 2 I had planned on her freezing her enemy with the Ice Beam, ramming them a few times with the Speed Booster, then grabbing them, Shinesparking upwards, and then hurling them back down. Her Level 1 was going to be a counter attack where she pins her enemy down for a point blank shot (basically a Lethal Strike from Metroid Other M). But I'm wondering if I should just make her fire the Phazon Beam instead.
Back to top Go down
Trojanman704

Trojanman704

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 4:46 pm

Wow sounds like some very cool hypers and ideas can't wait to see what you do. Don't skip on the area effects. Congrats again and thank you for doing such a high quality character.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 6:37 pm

I tried the glowing effects, but they weren't turning out very well. I may take another swing at them later. I will do what I can on the environmental effects. I just added an aerial somersault kick to her moves. One more air attack and her melee attacks will be done. After that I need to give her the Super Missile, the Charge Beam, and a throw.
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 16th 2013, 7:19 pm

Varia31 wrote:

If I manage to get a good Ridley model for the model posing program I used to make the Samus sprites, called XNALARA, I'll consider it. Right now though, Samus is the only character I had planned.

I appreciate the support!
Cool, yeah no rush, I'm just glad you're considering it. I like it when a creator keeps on making more! Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) 311127478 
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) EmptySeptember 17th 2013, 11:32 am

I got a Ridley model, but it needs to be rigged if I want to pose it.

Okay, quick update. I fixed the issue with Samus being stuck in the lie down position. It was a simple mistake. Apparently I had her "Lie Down" animation set to -1. I have no idea why I did that, that was just plain stupid. Looking back, I did that when I was still early into this. Thankfully I'm getting a better understanding as to how things such as that work. Now I can finally work on the rest of her without having to worry about that! lol

Also, I got some decent glowing effects to work in her idle state. Basically as she moves her shoulders up and down like you see in the reference in my OP, the lights get brighter. In my first attempt, I made her first frame have dark colors to the light, and then eventually going to how you see her otherwise. I think I made the better decision making them simply get brighter, because it looks a bit cooler now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)   Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release) Empty

Back to top Go down

Samus Aran by Varia31 (Awaiting release)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next