The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» MMV CHRISTMAS EVENT - ORION ( Jack Kirby's Version) from DC COMICS
$150,000 for one game fighting game character. Emptyby skhsato123 Today at 1:32 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
$150,000 for one game fighting game character. Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
$150,000 for one game fighting game character. Emptyby crosspotts1.0 Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Word Association Game <--
$150,000 for one game fighting game character. Emptyby crosspotts1.0 Yesterday at 10:21 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

$150,000 for one game fighting game character.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Somm

Somm

$150,000 for one game fighting game character. Empty
PostSubject: $150,000 for one game fighting game character.   $150,000 for one game fighting game character. EmptyAugust 29th 2021, 4:10 pm

Guys, I'm sharing this article about "How much do sprites cost?" 

First of all, the article is not intend to MUGEN, however MUGEN is mentioned and used for statement/comparision purposes and overall is a very informative article that everyone in "the area" should read.

I will quote a few things below but really suggest you all read the entire post.

https://2dwillneverdie.com/blog/how-much-do-sprites-cost/
Code:
https://2dwillneverdie.com/blog/how-much-do-sprites-cost/

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$150,000 for one game fighting game character. Imagem15

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote :
So let’s translate this in terms of MUGEN and homebrew games. How much should it cost a bunch of hobbyists to make a good character? There’s the issue of programming and testing it along with the art, but let’s just focus on the art aspect.

There’s an adage that says you can have work done well, done fast or done cheap, but never all three. And so it is here — you can hire someone to make a character by editing an existing character and have things done quickly with very little skill needed, you can get someone who’s decent and give them no deadline pressure for a reasonable cost (probably the number one formula for failure, though), or you can go out and officially hire someone skilled for a project with a deadline and expect to pay a bucketload. It rarely deviates from this.

$150,000 for one game fighting game character. Imagem16

Quote :
Keep persevering, you aspiring pixel artists. Don’t shortchange yourself on commissions. And if you don’t find any takers for the bigger jobs, well, there’s always crowdfunding.

gartanham, pseudoingles, alnyrd and Rotsopmi like this post

Back to top Go down
pseudoingles

pseudoingles

PostSubject: Re: $150,000 for one game fighting game character.   $150,000 for one game fighting game character. EmptyAugust 30th 2021, 7:49 pm

Very good
Thanks for share👏clapclap
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: $150,000 for one game fighting game character.   $150,000 for one game fighting game character. EmptyAugust 30th 2021, 8:13 pm

ok search my works: palettes, stages, some chars etc and give me 10 dolars for work hahaha no way my work always is free!
Back to top Go down
mulambo

mulambo

PostSubject: Re: $150,000 for one game fighting game character.   $150,000 for one game fighting game character. EmptyDecember 24th 2021, 6:17 pm

well, this makes me feel morally comfortable about the "creative" stuff I've shared online for free (if compared to the amount of music, games and more stuff I've downloaded), at least there's some value I'm giving back to the Internet community.

gartanham and RagDaemon like this post

Back to top Go down
http://emanuelepepi.altervista.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $150,000 for one game fighting game character.   $150,000 for one game fighting game character. Empty

Back to top Go down

$150,000 for one game fighting game character.
Page 1 of 1