The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» King Shark Portrait
How to save a 256 color PCX file Emptyby Shining Today at 11:43 am

» Anarky (Gotham antiHero)
How to save a 256 color PCX file Emptyby yolomate Today at 9:43 am

» MUGEN 2018 Character Edits & Fixes!!!
How to save a 256 color PCX file Emptyby demunlawin Today at 9:09 am

» Ness Edit Released
How to save a 256 color PCX file Emptyby Monkarifan123 Today at 8:09 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to save a 256 color PCX file

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tradt-Production

Tradt-Production

How to save a 256 color PCX file Empty
PostSubject: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyApril 27th 2019, 5:01 am

Hello, I had a "little" problem.

I am using Paint Shop Pro version 4.14 since ever to work on PCX picture and sprites for mugen, but I recently got a enw computer and when I try to save a pcx file, to only can save it with 2 colors... I installed the same program on the computer of a friend and same thing. I can't save in 256 my PCXs file like before.

Does anyone had an idea how to fix this ?
Back to top Go down
http://tradtmugen.blogspot.fr/
LESSARD

LESSARD

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyApril 27th 2019, 7:51 am

Tradt-Production wrote:
Hello, I had a "little" problem.

I am using Paint Shop Pro version 4.14 since ever to work on PCX picture and sprites for mugen, but I recently got a enw computer and when I try to save a pcx file, to only can save it with 2 colors... I installed the same program on the computer of a friend and same thing. I can't save in 256 my PCXs file like before.

Does anyone had an idea how to fix this ?

Question: What mugen editor you use,(i mean FF3, FFE, Zcharcad, MCM)??? I just asking because if you use FF3 you can try to save your sprites in PNG format. That Mugen editor support more formats like PNG,BMP, etc. Give it a try, and good Luck bro.
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyApril 27th 2019, 11:15 am

Yeah, well like LESSARD said, you can save images in PNG and use them as a workaround.
Sorry i don't have a solution for this that wouldn't be redundant.
Back to top Go down
Tradt-Production

Tradt-Production

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyApril 27th 2019, 12:00 pm

Yes, I noticed PNG are now able to be used in mugen, but if I remember, it apply only on mugen 1.1 ?
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyApril 27th 2019, 12:24 pm

I think it works with 1.0 if you use that one, i'm not sure about winmugen because i don't care about that version
It might just be because of the fighter factory version, i don't know, maybe compatibility or something
Back to top Go down
LESSARD

LESSARD

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyApril 27th 2019, 3:06 pm

It does not affect the mugen version, just when saving the SFF choose "Save as... " and there you chan choose mugen beta, mugen 1.0 or mugen 1.1.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Welldone

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyApril 29th 2019, 4:11 pm

If you wanna save in pcx, Go to Export As... Name whatever you want. And here's an example: Ryu Stage.png and change from png, you type beside the dot Ryu Stage.pcx, and then click Okay. You're all set to go! :-)

But, I guess you need to do is download Gimp. It will help you to Export your picture to save your Mugen Characters and Mugen Stages. If you save on Gimp: go to Export As.... Type what I shown you: type from png into pcx. You need Gimp. Gimp will not hurt you. ;-):-)
Back to top Go down
Tradt-Production

Tradt-Production

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyApril 29th 2019, 4:37 pm

Mr.Welldone wrote:
If you wanna save in pcx, Go to Export As... Name whatever you want. And here's an example: Ryu Stage.png and change from png, you type beside the dot Ryu Stage.pcx, and then click Okay. You're all set to go! :-)

But, I guess you need to do is download Gimp. It will help you to Export your picture to save your Mugen Characters and Mugen Stages. If you save on Gimp: go to Export As.... Type what I shown you: type from png into pcx. You need Gimp. Gimp will not hurt you. ;-):-)

I don't see any "export as" on paint shop pro, "just save as"

I had gimp. I saved a pic as PCX and it works, I need now to find how to get a pic down to 256 colors and edit the palette on gimp.

A shame my good old PSP don't want to work like before, I were used to this program
Back to top Go down
Mr.Welldone

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyMay 11th 2019, 1:43 pm

Here's my own video to show you. Watch this:
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file EmptyMay 11th 2019, 1:55 pm

in mugen 1.0 I saves all sprites in png and working fine see: new stance of Raven
How to save a 256 color PCX file Cvs_ra10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to save a 256 color PCX file   How to save a 256 color PCX file Empty

Back to top Go down

How to save a 256 color PCX file
Page 1 of 1