The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» King Shark Portrait
AppChain program release Emptyby Shining Today at 11:43 am

» Anarky (Gotham antiHero)
AppChain program release Emptyby yolomate Today at 9:43 am

» MUGEN 2018 Character Edits & Fixes!!!
AppChain program release Emptyby demunlawin Today at 9:09 am

» Ness Edit Released
AppChain program release Emptyby Monkarifan123 Today at 8:09 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

AppChain program release

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
merculix

AppChain program release Empty
PostSubject: AppChain program release   AppChain program release EmptyNovember 1st 2018, 12:25 am

My first release for this Halloween event is a very useful little program that my pal has cooked up for me. It all started when I tried to incorporate my intro video I created into mugen. The video was about 13 minutes long and when splitted into images that Fighter Factory could work with, it always ended up crasing Fighter Factory because the share amount of images (we are talking tens of thousands of images). So then I talked to my buddy who created this little program in Visual Basic that runs ANY program and when it's done runs ANOTHER program. This enabled me to first run my intro video file in fullscreen, quiting the video and then run Mugen, thus creating a nifty workaround running intros in mugen when Fighter Factory fails. Plus you get the added bonus to use this program in other scenarios on your computer if you like. Smile

To download the AppChain program click the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdjamp3gzbvr8h0/AppChain.zip?dl=0

Now let's start with the instructions.

1. Unzip the AppChain.zip file and place the two files, AppChain.config and AppChain.exe in your Mugen executable directory. This is very important, otherwise you will have a difficult time trying to execute Mugen.exe because AppChain then needs to know where arguments (mugen.cfg) for Mugen is located. By placing both files in the same place as Mugen.exe you will save yourself a headache.
2. Edit the AppChain.config file by right-clicking it and then use Notepad to open it up or better use Notepad++
3. The line containing "command1" is the first command the program will run and the line containing "arguments1" is what the program will do when it's done. The line containing "command2" is the first command the second program will run and the line containing "arguments2" is what the second program will do when it's done. If you need more than 2 programs in a chain please feel free to add more command and arguments lines by copy and paste the existing ones and changing them to "command3", "arguments3", "command4", arguments4" and so on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pasted my setup below as an example so you get a feeling how I did it. First I pointed out the location of vlc.exe and run it under "command1" and then under "arguments1" I told vlc.exe (you don't need to use VLC, use any program that runs videos) to run my intro file Intro.mp4 in fullscreen (-f) and when the video is done playing quit vlc.exe. Then I told the program to run mugen.exe by pointing out the complete location of mugen.exe under "command2". Note that I have no value for "arguments2" as I don't need one because nothing has to be done AFTER Mugen starts.  

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
 <appSettings>
   <add key="command1" value="C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"/>
   <add key="arguments1" value="Intro.mp4 -f vlc://quit"/>
   <add key="command2" value="C:\Users\merculix\Desktop\Mugen\Mugen_Multiverse_-_Cross_Generation_of_Fighters\mugen.exe"/>
   <add key="arguments2" value=""/>
 </appSettings>
</configuration>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Save the AppChaing.config when you're done.
5. Double-click AppChain.exe and voila, your intro starts first and after that Mugen starts.
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: AppChain program release   AppChain program release EmptyNovember 1st 2018, 12:37 am

@merculix congrats on the release Very Happy

This is awesome. Great way to add a really cool video intro before a fullgame AppChain program release 2800933067

This could be used for OpenBor as well yes
Back to top Go down
merculix

PostSubject: Re: AppChain program release   AppChain program release EmptyNovember 1st 2018, 2:29 am

Thanks thatguy. I thought the program could be useful. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: AppChain program release   AppChain program release EmptyNovember 1st 2018, 3:04 am

interesting program
thanks a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AppChain program release   AppChain program release Empty

Back to top Go down

AppChain program release
Page 1 of 1