The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  Emptyby Baelorn Today at 3:42 pm

» Bridge Cliff Stage
Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  Emptyby animaraz Today at 2:46 pm

» Ultra Boy from DC Comics
Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  Emptyby marvel Today at 12:21 pm

» Skhsato123 Sprites
Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  Emptyby Raijjin Today at 6:42 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Marvel Heroes Omega MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OldGamer

OldGamer

Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Heroes Omega MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down    Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  EmptyNovember 16th 2017, 8:41 pm

Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  Marvel-heroes-online-captain-america-news
Earlier today Kotaku broke the story that Disney has ended their relationship with Marvel Heroes developer Gazillion Entertainment. As Disney owns the rights Marvel, that effectively means Marvel Heroes is shutting down. The message Kotaku claims they received from Disney reads:

“We regret to inform our Marvel Heroes fans that we have ended our relationship with Gazillion Entertainment, and that the Marvel Heroes games will be shut down. We would like to sincerely thank the players who joined the Marvel Heroes community, and will provide any further updates as they become available.”

The sudden announcement won't come as a shock to many veteran Marvel Heroes players. There have been no updates for over a month, and all social media accounts operated by Gazillion have been quiet. The recent Holloween event was a disaster, and an expected tie-in with the new Thor movie never materialized.

After the story broke and various internet sites started picking up on it, Gazillion made an official statement on their forums stated and said

We’re sad to inform our players and our entire Marvel Heroes family that Marvel Heroes Omega will be shutting down. The Marvel Heroes servers will stay on until Dec 31, 2017, and we’ll be removing real money purchases as soon as possible. Players will be able to play the game entirely for free once this sunset period commences. We will share the exact date things go completely free as soon as we can.

We’ve had the privilege of entertaining and collaborating with our players for over four years. We’re extremely humbled by that privilege and wanted to get this message out: Thank you. Thank you to our players, our tireless employees, and everyone involved in the life of Marvel Heroes, Marvel Heroes 2015, Marvel Heroes 2016, and Marvel Heroes Omega.

There you have it. The Marvel Heroes servers will stay online until December 31, 2017, giving players a chance to try the superhero themed action RPG. While the gameplay in Marvel Heroes was similar to that of Diablo 3 and Path of Exile, it offered a unique aesthetic. Bright colors and a more modern setting replaced the grim fantasy backdrop we see so much of in the genre.

Superhero fans have suffered several setbacks on the MMO front in recent years. City of Heroes was shutdown in November 2012, Infinite Crisis followed in 2015, and now Marvel Heroes joins the heap. Champions Online and DC Universe Online are still running, and both are available free to play.

link to the announcement
https://www.marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/marvel-heroes-omega-shutting-down

for those never played here a video made by omer

Back to top Go down
Midnight-Son

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Heroes Omega MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down    Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  EmptyNovember 17th 2017, 4:29 am

sad news but it makes me glad i was never able to get the plugins to work the first time i downloaded it and never bothered to try again
you know with the economy going the way that it is and big companies only growing larger it does make me wonder how long could a mass marketing approach to the economy be effective for is there a point to where trade is no longer a working stabilizer? im sort of looking for the technical term for this

on the other hand could we perhaps take in this community to get them interested in mugen to once again give it a bit of popularity? would be a neat idea ! i mean one could dream right
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Heroes Omega MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down    Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  EmptyNovember 18th 2017, 11:02 am

I have never tried Marvel Heroes Omega MMO PC online game because I don't play online games outside China (my VPN not allowing me to....).  But I understand how discouraging and disappointing one can be while he/she/it has been building up so much experience and weapon stock and player base in such MMO PC online games...... yes
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Heroes Omega MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down    Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  EmptyMarch 10th 2018, 2:19 pm

i spent money and its all lost now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Heroes Omega MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down    Marvel Heroes Omega  MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down  Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel Heroes Omega MMO PC online gaming is Shutting Down
Page 1 of 1